Start by marking “Crave The Moon (Nightcreature, #11)” as Want to Read:
Crave The Moon (Nightcreature, #11)

Crave The Moon (Nightcreature #11)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  339 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Gina O’Neill will do anything to hold on to her beloved ranch that has been in her family for generations.Enter Mateo Mecate, an archeologist whose greatest wish is to dig there. Prepared to despise Matt—and to thwart his agenda—Gina cannot deny the shocking desire she feels for him.

Matt believes that the Nahua Springs Ranch holds an important key to Aztec history—one that...more
Published June 28th 2011 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Crave The Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crave The Moon

Melindeeloo
Even though Gina is just barely keeping her family ranch afloat by offering 'dude ranch' experiences to city slickers, she is completely unwilling to entertain a request from moldy old archaelogist Professor Mecate who wants to dig on her land - there are just some secrets there that need to stay buried. However the persistent - and not at all moldy - professor will not be foiled. The Colorado location offers Matteo (Teo) Mecate the last hope of proving his deceased mother's crazy theory that a...more
WildAboutBones
Edward and his daughter, Elise, are called in again to save the world from nasty werewolves who want to take over the world in Handeland's eleventh Nightcreature series novel where the werewolves aren't nice people who just happen to turn furry once a month.

Gina, the heroine, has been running her 'dude ranch' since she was a teenager when her parents died trying to rescue her from a cave-in on their property. She had been told over and over to never go there, that there was a curse on it. There...more
Darcy
I had a hard time buying into a bunch of things in this book. The biggest being that Aztecs went north as far as Colorado and left a secret place there. I also had a hard time believing how Matt/Teo was described, a built geeky guy with glasses. For sure the cover model doesn't fit.

So with my issues with the story I felt it was meh... Gina the same. She wasn't very interesting and seemed to let everyone walk all over her. Also not much happened for most of the book, things didn't really pick up...more
Jackie
Loved the setting, the Aztec mythology and the pairing of Gina and Teo. This was a nice return to the Nightcreature series after not reading it for several years.
Michele bookloverforever
werewolves vs. aztec godlings. liked the others in this series better.
Carien
Mar 26, 2012 Carien rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
I was disappointed by this book.

Having read 'Blue Moon', the first book in this series, I expected a Paranormal Romance with werewolves, but instead this book is practically a contemporary romance with some werewolves thrown in as an afterthought.

I didn't particularly warm up to Gina and Matt as well, the attraction between them was too sudden and unbelievable and their personalities were a bit flat. The other characters were rather stereotypical and the one I liked the most turned out to be a b...more
Tamara
Not Handeland's best book, but not her worst either. I enjoyed it. I especially like Handeland's knack for making a lot of her lead males attractive geeks. I like reading a book about a leather clad bad boy as much as the next girl, but if there is one thing I appreciate, it's a nice, handsome geek. Intelligence is sexy!

I liked the Aztec angle that Handeland went with with this book. If there is one thing I like about the Night Creature series, it's that they are always a bit different from usua...more
Amelia-Irene
This is a part of the Nightcreature's series. I found that this one has a lot of their inner memories of past events concerning their late parents placed some slowness on the movement of this story. Also the fact that two of the priciples of the 3, never questioned what happened 10 years previously where she lost her parents. The hero of the story also spends a lot of time questioning the death of his mother and never had asked her some questions that he should have. The story line is good, but...more
Debbie Heaton
In Handeland's paranormal novel, Gina O'Neill will do anything to keep her family's ranch. Archeologist Mateo Mecate is determined to dig on her ranch in search of an important key to Aztec history--one that will ensure his standing in the archeological community. But to accomplish that, he must go head-to-head with the owner. Teaming both romantically and professionally, Gina and Matt delve into the secrets of this ancient place, awakening an unspeakably evil shape shifter as old as time. Both...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
I really liked the Aztec mythology addition to this one. I'm big on hieroglyphs and the like so this one was a lot of fun. Of course Edward eventually makes an appearance so that is another necessity. I can say that I felt that while the beginning hooked me in almost from the first sentence, it seemed to drag a bit. There seemed to be some VERY drug out secret keeping on Gina's end. While Teo (Matt) gets busted pretty quickly. Both characters really lack relationship skills and seemed to have no...more
Dianne
Unless you love history ...you may find yourself totally bored by this trip into the Nightcreature world. I read for mere pleasure, If I wattled to 'learn' so much I would take a course at the community college!

While the world building was obviously excellent, the relationship building was less than stellar for this book. I really wanted to love this book as much as I loved some of the others, but unfortunately this is not going to be a keeper. There was no excitement, no anticipation just more...more
Visionary
Handeland never once disappointed me with this book. Again, she visited another aspect, totally different than what I've ever heard, of the were-wolf. This time she explored the Aztec angle. This is the reason why I absolutely adore this series. Handeland does not keep to "one" belief but explores all, incorporating it in the story.

She always has characters that I like. Matt has this shy blend. He's both smart and gullible. Gina is stand alone type, strong and not in the least whiny!
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best. Dr. Matt Mecate wants to search Gina O'Neil's ranch for Aztec secrets. She runs a dude ranch & he pretends to be someone else, in a round about not quite lying way.

A demon is in this one & As usual a bunch of people were turned into werewolves. They're bad, not the good ones we all love. Again their secret organization wants to hire them. (No spoiler). Gina & Matt (Mateo) have to kill the werewolves.
Mara
Ms Handeland's books are standard pnr romance (and vanilla at that, meaning nothing dark, unusual. You might think the paranormal just a facet, something like corsets in a historical romance. Nothing "real"). They are nice to read, but rarely (if ever) mind blowing. This book is no exception.

It was a nice read for a day on the beach. Nothing more to me.
Michelle the Romance Witch
not a bad story but a little thin on all the things that make a Great Lori Handeland novel. The love sorta came outta nowhere with very little development or emotions, or so it seemed to me. It was a little far-fetched that the grandpa just happened to know Edward M. But i will say the story line for the nightcreature in this novel was extremely interesting.
Peggy Bechko
I really enjoy Lori Handeland's books. This one started out a bit slow, but picked up about 1/4 of the way in and was an excellent read from then on. If you enjoy paranormal romance you'll enjoy this contemporary 'western' set on a dude ranch complete with Aztec Sorcerer hunting, werewolves and, of course, that one true love.
Lizzielvr
This book is a borderline 2 stars for me. Lori Handeland is one of my favorite authors and if it wasn’t for the last few chapters, I wouldn’t have finished it. I adore the Nightcreatures series and recommend it to any PNR/UF fan, but this book is not as good as the others.
Michelle
Book 11 in the Nightcreature series and yet another take on mythology, this time Lori incorporates Aztec mythology into the story, exploring yet another possible theory on werewolf origins. Although it wasn't my favourite in the series, I did enjoy it.
Mallory
It took a while for parts of this book to get interesting. Once it got interesting, it stayed interesting. I did like it. I wish it would have touched a little more on the lore, but over all it was ok. I think in a year or so I may read it again.
Sara Humphreys
Loved it! Her heros are always positiviely dishy. Teo had a certain innocence that I adored and the story was different enough from her other Nightcreature novels to keep me engaged. I'll ready anything she writes!
Andrea(CatchTheFever) Daniels
I love this book but one thing confuses me.

I don't see how she got from what the series used to be to this. It's like watching a horror movie, except it's a book.
Lisa M
I have a weakness for Handeland's heroes who are professors. She writes them well. There was also some very subtle humor in this story that I enjoyed.
Emily
A Paranormal mystery, one of those reads where like in a movie you are warning off the potential victims "don't go in there", pretty thrilling book.
Anne
One of her best so far. I was so engrossed in the romance that I almost forgot about werewolves and Mandenauer and all the other characters!
Pella Grace
Not bad for a 3$ Dollar General find.
Debi
I still love this series!
Minne
not what I expected _1
ilona
Not the best
Lori Rice
Lori Rice marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
La La
La La marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
  • Code of the Wolf (Historical Werewolf #8)
  • Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)
  • Dire Desires (Eternal Wolf Clan, #3)
  • Lord of Shadows (Heirs of Kilronan Trilogy, #2)
  • Scarlet (Dead World, #2)
  • Lure of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #2)
  • Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5)
  • Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea, #5)
  • Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4)
  • Angel at Dawn (Midnight, #8)
  • Master of Shadows (Mageverse, #8)
  • Within the Flames (Dirk & Steele, #11)
  • Primal Instincts (Primes, #9)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
Lori Handeland has written over fifty novels, novellas and short stories in several genres--historical, contemporary, series and paranormal romance, as well as urban fantasy--for such publishers as: Dorchester, Kensington, Harlequin, St. Martin’s Press, Harper-Collins, Simon and Schuster and Penguin/Putnam

She is a New York Times, USA Today, Waldenbooks and Bookscan Bestselling Author and the recip...more
More about Lori Handeland...
Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3) Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2) Crescent Moon (Nightcreature, #4) Any Given Doomsday (Phoenix Chronicles, #1)

“Words have power," Isaac answered. Words begin and end wars. They create and destroy families. They break hearts. They heal them. If you have the right words, there's nothin on earth you can't do."

- Crave the Moon”