Start by marking “The Raven Saint (Charles Towne Belles, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Raven Saint (Charles Towne Belles, #3)

The Raven Saint (Charles Towne Belles #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  572 ratings  ·  89 reviews

Join bestselling author M. L. Tyndall for another seafaring historical full of romance, intrigue, action, and adventure. Grace Westcott has piously served God her whole life. Captain Rafe Dubois cannot pass up the opportunity to earn more gold toward the hospital he’s building for the poor by kidnapping Admiral Westcott’s youngest daughter. But when the missionary and the

Published March 1st 2010 by Barbour Publishing (first published January 1st 2010)

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisEdna in the Desert by Maddy Lederman
Read this Christian Fiction!
91st out of 347 books — 261 voters
A Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversRedeeming Love by Francine RiversHead in the Clouds by Karen WitemeyerThe Bound Heart by Dawn CrandallThe Hesitant Heiress by Dawn Crandall
Best Christian Historical Romance
48th out of 114 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Lori
The Raven Saint moved at a faster pace than The Blue Enchantress, which made me happy! I enjoyed Grace and Rafe's story a little more as well. I don't know if I just wasn't in a "pirate" mood when I read these two books, and that's why I didn't enjoy them as much as The Red Siren, or what. Don't get me wrong, none of Mary Lu's books are bad, I just wasn't enthralled with this story as I normally am when reading her books.

We meet Grace Wescott while she and her personal maid, Alice, are on one of
Michelle Griep
Wow! What a swashbuckling adventure of a read. The Raven Saint is a powerful conclusion to The Charles Towne Belle Series by author MaryLu Tyndall—and it’s my personal favorite.
Tyndall nails the rogue hero persona in the character of Rafe Dubois. What’s not to love in a man who wears a white buccaneer shirt and jackboots? Oh, yes…Captain Dubois is all that and so much more. This jaw-dropping hunk of a captain is not only unpredictable but clever and courageous as well. He’s a bad boy champion
Dina Sleiman
MaryLu Tyndall has done it again. The Raven Saint is yet another awesome pirate romance. Fun and adventure on the high seas.

This is the third book of Mary Lu’s Charles Town Belles series. It features a whole different sort of heroine. Grace Westcott is as uptight and prudish as Hope was flighty and sin-ridden and Faith was proud and driven. What a study in contrasts. And as you may imagine, Grace has much to learn in order to overcome her judgmental and legalistic attitude if she is ever going
Brooke Barenfanger
A breathtaking story that leaves your heart pounding. The Raven Saint is my favorite of The Charles Towne Belles Trilogy. Grace, the most devout in her faith among the sisters, is kidnapped by a handsome rogue pirate on one of her missions of mercy. She has a few things to learn about herself before her journey is over. Is her faith really as strong as she thinks it is? In time of need, it seems to waver mightily. Her judgmental attitude toward others comes back at her. She finds that she is no ...more
Renee
Loved it...but what's not to love about pirates? ;-)

If you love high seas adventures Mary Lu's Charles Towne Belles series is a must read. Book 3 in the series, The Raven Saint is no exception. The characters are terrific including Grace Westcott, the pious sister of the Westcott bunch as well as roguish captain, Rafe Dubois. Even though the setting for The Raven Saint reminded me of her earlier Legacy of the Kings Pirates series, it never got old and made for an interesting read.

Grace was far f
Katie Watkins
I loved this book in the Charles Towne Series. Each book can stand on its own.

Grace, the youngest of four daughters, is kidnapped by pirates and is to be sold to a Spanish Don. Along the way, she attempts to escape and is recaptured. Her strong faith gets her through the ordeal and helps those around her. Meanwhile, the heart of Captain Rafe Dubois is softened.

I liked how strong Grace was. Although she was scared, she held to her beliefs and tried to ease the needs of those around her. She was
BlueJeansAndTeacups
REVIEW FOR ALL 3 BOOKS IN Charles Towne Belles Series
M.L. Tyndall

THE RED SIREN book#1 Charles Towne Belles Series
M.L. Tyndall

•o•:**:•. AVAST YE LANDLUBBERS, FAITH FILLED ADVENTURES AWAIT.•:**:• o•

I loved this entire series and read all 3 over a 6 day period in honor of Natl. Talk Like a Pirate Day (-smile). There are exciting adventures upon the high seas in the early 1700s, miraculous deeds, as well as evil presence (things many Christian authors do not bother to address).
Some of the exciting
Vickie McDonough
Jan 25, 2010 Vickie McDonough rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Most definitely
Oh my goodness! The Raven Saint is a fabulous book. It's the story of a pious young woman kidnapped by a scoundrel pirate, who plans to sell her to a Columbian don. Plenty of swashbuckling action and delicious romantic tension with a powerful faith message.
Judy
The Raven Saint by M.L. Tyndall is the third and last book in the Charles Towne Belles series. The first book is The Red Siren and the second is The Blue Enchantress. The books are about three sisters: Faith, Hope & Grace Wescott. They have an older sister who is married and still in England, her name is Charity. Their father is an Admiral in the Royal Navy and spends more time at sea then with his family. Their mother passed away during childbirth.

This is Grace's story. She has been devote
Ashley
I loved both, The Red Siren and The Blue Enchantress, so I knew when I picked up The Raven Saint I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed. M.L Tyndall once again, masterly wove love, adventure and God together. Picking up right where The Blue Enchantress left off, your really able to get into the story and the into the characters . Rafe is a perfect opposite to Grace, brash, forward and faithless while Grace is pious, stubborn and demure. And when the two clash, sparks fly. The message in The Raven Sai ...more
Linda
Grace Westcott was en-route to minister to an ailing Timothy Roberts on a dark, rainy night with her maid, Alice. She had been specifically warned by her father and brother-in-law not to go on any more of these dangerous expeditions. But Grace was doing God’s work: feeding the poor, tending to the sick and spreading the Gospel! However, when she arrived at the Roberts’ cabin, she found that Mr. and Mrs. Roberts had not called for her.

Betrayal! At that point, the maid disappeared and Grace was ac
Kathleen L. Maher
The Raven Saint by MaryLu Tyndall

The third book in the Charles Town Bell series, The Raven Saint brings all of the Caribbean sea-faring adventure that we’ve come to expect from these romances, combined with the superb writing of a master phrase-ologist, plus characters with all the chemistry of an Estee Lauder perfume factory.
Grace is the God-fearing daughter of Admiral Westcott, the charitable one, the pious one. She finds herself aboard a mercenary’s vessel, where a rogue Frenchman, Captain
Victor Gentile
I had the privilege of interviewing M. L. Tyndall, on our radio show "Kingdom Highlights", for her new book, "The Raven Saint", Book Three in her, "Charles Towne Belles" series published by Barbour. If you haven't read the first two books you have missed a great treat. Ms. Tyndall knows how to craft a great story filled with action, suspense and wonderful romance. Don't start this book late at night because it will be very difficult to put it down or stop thinking about it.

At the end of book two
Title: THE RAVEN SAINT
Author: M. L. Tyndall
Publisher: Barbour Books
January 2010
ISBN: 978-1-60260-158-1
Genre: Inspirational/historical

Grace Westcott has spent her life serving the poor and telling them about God. But now it seems that the God she serves has abandoned her. While taking food to a poor family who allegedly had a sick child, Grace’s lady’s maid, Alice, sells her to a band of pirates who plan to make a fortune when they deliver to a rich plantation owner.

Captain Rafe Dubois expects t
Ashley
This was a book I won off goodreads. It's #3 in the series, but I was unable to read the 1st two books because my library doesn't carry them. I think reading the first ones might have added more depth/character development, but it was not necessary in order to follow this book's plot. I found the book quite cliche. It reminded me of how a romance book would read without the sex. A young beautiful girl who's devoted her life to God (who's constantly clutching her chest and misjudging people) and ...more
Janelle
Loved it! The Raven Saint had me from the beginning and I couldn't put the book down. The best in the series. This is why MaryLu Tyndall is one of the greatest authors in my book! If I had to make one silly little complaint, it's the cover again. Grace has long raven hair and green eyes, the publishers missed that one. Okay, on to the review now...

I loved that Grace, the third sister in the Charles Towns Belles series, learned so much in this book about her faith. She was a Christian woman that
Tamara
THE RAVEN SAINT is fantastic! The third in the Charles Towne Belle series, MaryLu Tyndall continues to wow me with her adventure-filled romances.
Grace Westcott had spent her life serving God. From feeding the poor and tending to the needy, to doing all she can to impress upon her sisters the need to live a life worthy of God. When kidnapped by the French mercenary, Rafe DuBois, Grace clings to her faith, even when she finds out DuBois intends on selling her to a Spanish Don. Confident God has al
Christina (Reading Extensively)
In book three of the Charles Towne Belles series, Grace Westcott is kidnapped by mercenary Captain Rafe Dubois who has plans to sell her to a Spanish don in exchange for gold to help the poor. Grace has always prided herself on her faith but she can't see why God would allow this to happen to her. Captain Dubois did not expect to find himself caring about his captive or her faith in God.

The Raven Saint, like the other books in the series, combines adventure, faith, and romance. Grace is pious to
Rebecca
Pious Grace Westcott, the youngest of the Westcott sisters, has devoted her life to helping the poor and living a moral life. She spends her days in her home city of Charleston, South Carolina helping the impoverished residents by donating food, caring for the sick, and helping orphans find homes. So when she is kidnapped by Captain Rafe Dubois, a French mercenary, she struggles to understand what purpose God has in allowing this to happen to her.

Captain Rafe Dubois is a man without faith. He ha
Stacey
I would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank you” to M.L. Tyndall and her publisher for sending me a copy of "The Raven Saint" to review for them. I have always been grateful for this generosity, and I am trying to improve at being consistent in taking the time to thank these wonderfully giving individuals in a public forum. I really appreciate your time, effort and expense in making a reviewer copy available to me.

I am barely through chapter two of M.L. Tyndall’s third installment in the Charles T
Casey
Grace Westcott considers herself holy, above reproach, until she is thrown against a man she cannot change. A pious woman, one who revers God, has to learn just what it means to be a servant of Christ.
Rafe Dubois got more than he bargained for in Grace Westcott when he kidnaped her. Certainly not a saintly woman of God. Will he be able to sell her as originally planned?
This was an excellent conclusion to M.L. Tyndall’s latest series, Charles Towne Belles. My only compliant is the overuse of the
Anita Mae
MaryLu Tyndall delivers a riveting romance on the high seas in a book that steams up the pages as much as the tropics it sails through. A master at creating conflict, she’s written a story about a hero who needs to sell the do-gooder heroine so he can raise money to do good.

Sure, Capt Rafe Dubois has his morals a tad confused but the sale of Grace Westcott is for a really good cause – the money is going to build a hospital for orphans. And she’s not just some random woman he picked off the stre
Hayden
Tracy
Finally after reading "The Raven Saint" by MaryLu Tyndall, the last novel in the "Charles Towne Belles" series, I have fully enjoyed the this wonderful book along with the first two books! With each chapter I read, I have an extremely hard time finding out what is going to happen next throughout the book. Grace Westcott a young lady who devotes her life in serving God and helping others in need. French Captain Rafe Dubois a man who is driven to being in authority and doing what he wants to do.

Wh
Delia
Grace Westcott has spent a lifetime caring for the poor, the sick, the less fortunate. She's the epitome of chaste womanhood and righteous living. So when she's kidnapped by the mercenary French sea captain, Rafe Dubois, she immediately begins to search out God's reason for allowing her to be put in such a dangerous and compromising position.

Perhaps she's there to bring salvation to the captain and his disreputable crew. Or her task could be to reach Nicole, the unwed mother and surprisingly ca
Margaret
Jun 20, 2010 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Relz Reviewz
MaryLu is an author that I always enjoy. During my move this book disappeared and I did not get to finish it. It was very frustrating, but then while I was reading my latest sea-bound adventure Ransome's Crossing I found the hiding book. So I jumped from one adventurous romance ship-set journey to another in a different part of the ocean.

Each of the Charles Towne Belles novels has given an inside view to a different sister with extremely unique personality. I wish there was a fourth book about
Christina
I have to say, this third and last book of the Charles Town Belles series, the Raven Saint, is my favorite of all three. M.L. Tyndall really has a catchy way of writing and keeping the reader interested. It flows well and with her descriptions, I could almost see it all happening, as if I were watching a movie.

Grace, the Christian sister who was always trying to get everyone else to do the right thing, is now put into many different predicaments which causes her to sin - to lie and to steal, not
Molly
Mar 08, 2010 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: FIRST Wild Card Tours
Amazingly written! Book 3 in The Charles Towne Belles series, this is installment is just as great and book 1 and2. Ms. Tyndall brings back old characters-Faith and Hope- briefly in the beginning but then she tells of new characters with Grace and Rafe.A story of love,betrayal and hope mixed with God, this one pulled me into to the book until I was one of the characters. I could feel everything they felt, see everything they saw. I didn't have one favorite character, as they were ALL my favorite ...more
Sheri Salatin
Betrayed! Kidnapped! Grace Westcott finds herself aboard a pirate ship. And not for just any reason but to be sold as common cargo to her father's enemy. Come what may, she is determined to hold onto her faith, even if that means resisting the handsome, volatile Capitaine Rafe Dubois. Searching for God's purpose in her dire circumstances, Grace discovers much more.
Monsieur Rafe Dubois, is a French Privateer, who enjoys ruffling the feathers of his newest property "mon petit chou pieuse" (little
Martha
This is the final book of the Charles Towne Belles series and I am happy to be done. To me the series was just boring. This book was one of the better ones. One thing I did not like was that there was a lot of French phrases in the book. I understand that they characters were French, but I don't know how to read French and there was just too much of it. It became annoying. I didn't really like the main character Grace. There were so many times in the book that I just wanted to yell at her becaus ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 14, 2015 10:59AM
  • A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages, #3)
  • The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2)
  • Before the Season Ends
  • Heart's Safe Passage (The Midwives, #2)
  • Pirate of My Heart
  • A Great Catch (Lake Manawa Summers, #2)
  • As High as the Heavens
  • Ransome's Quest (The Ransome Trilogy #3)
  • Sarah My Beloved (Little Hickman Creek #2)
  • Written on Silk (The Silk House, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Surrender (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #1)
  • A Memory Between Us (Wings of Glory, #2)

Charles Towne Belles (3 books)
  • The Red Siren (Charles Towne Belles, #1)
  • The Blue Enchantress (Charles Towne Belles, #2)
Surrender the Heart (Surrender to Destiny, #1) The Redemption (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #1) The Red Siren (Charles Towne Belles, #1) Veil of Pearls Forsaken Dreams (Escape to Paradise, #1)