Start by marking “Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection” as Want to Read:
Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection

Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection (Frog and Toad #1-4)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  574 ratings  ·  48 reviews
There's nothing like a best friend . . .

Frog and Toad, those famous pals, are beloved by generations of children. Their every adventure is filled with the magic of true friendship, whether they're telling ghost stories, searching for a lost button, or eating too many cookies. This captivating audio collection features all four of the Frog and Toad books, read with humor an
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published August 17th 2004 by HarperFestival (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog and Toad CD Audio Collection

Brad
From the first story in this series ("Spring"), the idea that it is a totally innocent book is dispelled. It paints a picture of Toad, a bumbling and possibly clinically depressed character, being outwitted by his friend Frog. Perhaps the most complete story in the series, this introduction is also my favorite of the Frog and Toad stories. Certainly there is sepia-toned Walton-family wholesomeness within the twenty stories that comprise the twenty stories in this series--the best of these is Boo ...more
Lonnie Martin Jr.
I loved reading Frog and Toad as a child. Frog and Toad should be featured in every child’s collection of books. The books cover the adventures of these two best friends whose friendship is often tested but never broken, and sometime made stronger. They somewhat remind me of the two old men you see who been through it all together.

The illustrations are nice. They’re not very vibrant but it goes well with Frog and Toad's adventures. I did notice some pages you can't tell if they're happy, sad, u
Jane
With James Marshall's George and Martha, Frog and Toad are the greatest of best friend duos in modern children's books. Not to be missed.
Shanna Gonzalez
Frog and Toad are two friends whose similar appearance belies their distinctive personalities. Toad is impulsive and emotional, and Frog easygoing and rational. The two of them get into a number of scrapes and adventures together, most of which hinge on their unique character traits. Lobel's brief, easy-reader chapters spin out complex, suspenseful plots in a way that looks effortless but is quite rare. Embedded in the stories are subtle moral implications relating to character qualities such as ...more
Lv2readB
Katie Kenig
We listened to these wonderful stories with our boys - ages 6 and 7 - during trips in and out of the city recently. The whole family absolutely adored it! These are fun, and I think my husband and I enjoyed them as much as our kids. The stories are short, enough to keep the kids' attention, and to make them ask for more. They aren't overly moralistic but have a lot to say about the power of friendship when taken as a whole.
Stephanie
This a beloved collection of Frog and Toad read by the Author himself. My son can't listen enough. He is constantly asking to listen to these stories. He never seems to tire of them. They are as fun to listen to the first time as they are the 17th time.
Wa Conner
This book was great. Arnold Lobel has such a wonderful whimsical grip of the English language in this writing that it rolls rhythmically off of the tongue so effortlessly. I highly recommend it because it is fun even if you are not a juvenile reader. :)

My first exposure to this book, believe or not, was when I went entered university in 1992. The lead singer of the band I had created in college, Wymsikal Triod, challenged me to write a song that involved this classic children's story. For more a
Jenny
These are so delightful! I love the humor and silliness of these stories. Frog and Toad is definitely one of my favorite children's books!
Carolyn
Jun 27, 2011 Carolyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Carolyn by: Joy Marlo
Shelves: for-toddlers, audio
We've been listening to these stories in the car (on CDs from the library). The author does a good job reading them, with a pleasant score to accompany him. Sweet stories, each with some sort of cute twist. Nothing objectionable. And Noah asks for them every time we get in the van.

Note: At 3.5, Noah probably doesn't get the clever aspect of the stories, but he certainly understands the stories themselves and I don't have to explain them.
Brandice
I remember loving these books when I was younger & learning how to read :)
Debbie Mattson
Michael just loves these books and so do I. Each book has five short stories in them that are geared for 2nd grade readers. The stories aren't too long which is nice for when the child is trying to read the story on their own. They are also pretty entertaining since each story has it's own little plot. Now I just have to teach Michael how to read.
Kelly
As bed time reading with my son. Very good illustrations and the story line is very good. I have read the stories to him since before he could talk. It always kept his attention. Reading a book over and over again, and after all this time, not minding it, says something about its writing.
I actually enjoyed listening to this more than I did reading it. I never made it through one of these books when I was a kid because it seemed so dull to me. My daughter really enjoyed listening to the stories, so I will try and get the books for her to read and see if she likes them as well.
Vanda
We have the whole set and even though Asher is nowhere near reading himself, he loves these books! Our copies are seriously worn out and I know every word to them. Once he's ready to learn to read himself, these will be pretty easy for him. His father also loved these book when he was little.
Eric
Sep 17, 2008 Eric rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children of all ages
Frog and Toad were my favorite when I was little. Some kids read Winnie the Pooh or Beatrix Potter but I was always a fan of Arnold Lobel's series. I think this series is what taught me the value of friendship and why I find it so important now.
Amy
*favorite characters- frog and toad*

frog and toad enjoy all the subtle moments of friendship and nature. the drawings are softly natural and expressive, real pieces of art.a classic. and children really, really like these stories.
Alecia
Author: Arnold Lobel

Illustrator: Arnold Lobel

Genre: fiction chapter book

Publication Info: Scholastic (2002)

Reading Level: Ages 7-10; late-early, early transitional

Topic/Theme: friendship
Shaunna
My daughter and I read this series again for the fourth (and counting) time and I have to say that I truly enjoy reading it each time. A lot of life's problems can be solved if you borrow Frog and Toad's wisdom.
Carrie
Frog and Toad Are Friends was one of my all time favorite books when I was learning how to read on my own. Now, the illustrations may seem a little dull to kids, but I will always love those funny guys.
Emily
I bought this hardback compendium of the Frog and Toad stories for Colin several years ago. The stories are classic, endearing, and enduring. It's our go-to bedtime storybook when all else fails.
Amanda
I hold Frog and Toad very dear to my heart! These books topped my early childhood reading list. Even now, in my 30's, just the thought of my cherished Frog and Toad fills my heart with warmth.
Lauren
Ummmm, let's see. I have pet turtles who are named Frog and Toad. I have almost completely memorized the songs from Frog and Toad the broadway musical. Yeah. It's just that good. :)
Rebecca
The Frog and Toad books are my all-time favorite books from my childhood, especially Frog and Toad Together. My favorite story is Dragons and Giants. "Hello, Lunch."
Theresa
a great early reader
the story of two friends and finding out what friendship means. the growth of friendship over time

a good story for teaching connections
Cari
One of my FAVORITE kids book series! We are still reading them and never grow old of them! Love to read them to my children! And have them read them to me!
Wendi
This box set is one of my all time favorites. We laugh our heads off when we read this one. I loved these when I was a kid, and I love them even more now!
Haley Burakowski
As an adult I find a sweet lesson of understanding and acceptance in each of frog and toad's adventures...as a child I just loved the easy to read stories
Lara
Frog and Toad were favorite childhood characters. The stories follow the ups and downs of the friendship between grumpy Toad and optimistic Frog. Very sweet.
Tierney
Read by the author, this audiobook brings all the Frog & Toad stories to life with music and sound effects too. Great for listening in the car.
  • Wings
  • The Silver Slippers
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • Tassajara Cooking
  • Time of the Witch
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea
  • George and Martha Round and Round
  • The Adventures of Amelia Bedelia
  • god bless the gargoyles
  • Ghosts!: Ghostly Tales from Folklore
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Little Bear Treasury: Little Bear/ Little Bear's Friend/ Little Bear's Visit
  • The Knight and the Dragon
  • Frog Goes to Dinner
Arnold Stark Lobel was a popular American author of children's books. Among his most popular books are those of the Frog and Toad series, and Mouse Soup, which won the Garden State Children's Book Award from the New Jersey Library Association.
More about Arnold Lobel...

Frog and Toad (5 books)
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Frogs and Toads All Sang
Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1) Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2) Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3) Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4) The Frog and Toad Treasury: Frog and Toad are Friends/Frog and Toad Together/Frog and Toad All Year  (Frog and Toad #1-3)