Start by marking “Mamarazzi: A Mother's Guide to Children's Photography” as Want to Read:
Mamarazzi: A Mother's Guide to Children's Photography

Mamarazzi: A Mother's Guide to Children's Photography

Calling all mamarazzis Every camera-toting mom will want this guide Moms, if you can't seem to take enough great photos of the children in your life, this is the book for you. Now you can learn how to photograph children with the style, clarity, color, and beauty you see in professional photographs. This fun guide combines humor with solid know-how to show you how to compo ...more
Published April 26th 2011 by Wiley (first published March 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mamarazzi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mamarazzi

Sarahjane
Jan 07, 2013 Sarahjane rated it it was amazing
Lots of good tricks for getting good pictures of kids, especially as a mom trying to capture the special moments with kids (they move fast, unplanned events, etc). It changes how I look at photo ops with my kids, and trying to capture the magic and happiness. Practical tips for adjusting light, which tools of the trade work for a Mom who doesn't have studio lights and assistants. Her pictures are beautiful.
Asha Carlos
May 07, 2012 Asha Carlos rated it liked it
Was expecting the book to be more comprehensive for the lay person, but seems like it has quite a number of basics of photography for the photog-mamma-wannabe who is armed with a DSLR in one hand and a diaper bag in another.

A definite good read with easily explained text. More substantial review coming up soon..
Amy
May 10, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Bought this with birthday amazon money-on my quest to fully use my camera and capture my darlings! This looks very cute-lots of beautiful images!

Love love love this! Makes me want to run and snap away. She explains things in an easy to understand way.
Lindsey Jane
Nov 24, 2013 Lindsey Jane rated it really liked it
This book is overall a good help to taking great pictures of your kids. It contains tons of pictures along with the camera settings uses to take each picture. There are tips on how to make handmade photography helps, like diffusers and reflectors. It is a very good resource for the technical aspects of photography, explaining aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. There were tips and tricks for photographing newborns through teens. It also has info on how I choose a professional photographer when you ...more
Christie
Feb 21, 2015 Christie rated it really liked it
This book is packed with photography insider tips, composition suggestions, and info on how to effectively use your camera to capture great shots of your kids. I had to laugh when I found this sage advice in the Never section:
Railroad tracks are frequent features in family photos, and this may seem like the perfect setting for a photo of your train-obsessed tot. But what many people don't know is that walking on railroad property is trespassing at best, and (in some states) a felony. Even scarie
Susie
Feb 07, 2014 Susie rated it it was amazing
This is a good survey of many aspects of photography for the beginner to intermediate. Not only are the technical and equipment aspects covered, but other topics - such as tricks to get little ones to enjoy having their photo taken, cute camera accessories, tips on hiring a professional photographer etc. - are covered too. The book itself is loaded with photos and is easy to understand. This would be a great gift for any new parent who is trying to understand her dslr and improve his or her phot ...more
Kim Still
Jul 15, 2015 Kim Still rated it it was ok
Shelves: photography
Besides the terrible name, this wouldn't be a terrible book for someone who's never read anything else about photography. However, even though I am very much a beginner photographer, there was little in this book I hadn't already read somewhere else. It's a general intro to photography that is aimed at Moms, but not much of it is specifically related to photographing children.
Jenni
Jan 04, 2013 Jenni rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was a really good book for beginner to intermediate photographers, especially those taking pics of kids. Lots of technical notes (aperture, ISO, shutter speed, composition, etc.) but also lots of notes re: the specific subject matter (how to get natural smiles out of different age groups, what poses work best at what ages, etc.).
Christine
Jan 23, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Perfect book for a mom who likes to take pictures of her children and has a DSL camera. Beautiful photos, ideas, and advice on getting photos of your kids. I liked how the author included advice from other photographers as well. I found that super helpful. I would highly recommend this book to any other moms/dads.
Laurel Macd
Jan 09, 2012 Laurel Macd rated it really liked it
It does have some good tips - but much more useful if I have a more expensive camera and like to set up photo shoots. It's not really for someone who just wants fun every day pictures of their kiddos.
Megan
May 05, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Beautiful photos and quick and easy idea sections make this a great coffee table book. This has some great info for SLR camera newbies, and explains foreign terms in a simple way. It has inspired me to take more shots of my kids!
Liz Butler
Jul 25, 2013 Liz Butler rated it really liked it
This is a great book for moms who want to improve their photography skills and take better pictures of their kids. It covers most basic photography concepts and provides clear descriptions and explanations. It's basic, but thorough.
Kathleen Basi
Apr 10, 2015 Kathleen Basi rated it it was amazing
Easy to read, with clever section titles, but lots of information. Read slowly and process as you go. Not a book to fly through quickly. Fabulous, from picking equipment and spaces all the way to how to do Photoshop adjustments.
Sharon
Nov 19, 2012 Sharon rated it it was ok
Shelves: photography
I was disappointed in this book. I thought it would be full of useful tips on working with children as photo subjects. Instead it was mainly a very elementary introduction to photography.
Elizabeth
Dec 10, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: photography
Love the private tutorial vibe of this book. The section on settings was SO HELPFUL. Overall a great book for all those interested in expressive photography.
Kim
Jul 09, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It deals with one of my favorite activities, being the family memory keeper. Not a dry how to book, but written for moms in a fun, easy read with abudance of inspiration and tips.
Corinnagoodwin
May 25, 2016 Corinnagoodwin rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, so much info and details.
Taylor
Jun 21, 2011 Taylor rated it really liked it
Great refresher from my high school classes! I think it would've been better if she had examples of what not to do, instead of all her perfect photos.
Grace Tolman
Oct 28, 2011 Grace Tolman rated it it was amazing
awesome book! I love how Stacy broke down the technical stuff in language I can actually understand. Great photo examples and she even added other photographers advices. Great, great, great read!
Angie
May 12, 2011 Angie rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! SO helpful!
Melissa Meyer
This was ok - I found most of it a bit too basic for me BUT I'm sure if you don't' normally take photos in manual that it would be super helpful :)
Kristin
May 27, 2011 Kristin rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-nightstand
Great photos. Very beginner oriented content. I probably would have loved this a few years ago.
Kerry
Jun 07, 2015 Kerry added it
Too basic
Osaid Abu mo'ala
Osaid Abu mo'ala rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Iwona
Iwona rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Jenni
Jenni rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Kathleen Mahoney
Kathleen Mahoney rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
Caili Hartman
Caili Hartman rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Beyond Snapshots: How to Take That Fancy DSLR Camera Off "Auto" and Photograph Your Life like a Pro
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • Expressive Photography: The Shutter Sisters' Guide to Shooting from the Heart
  • Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography & Styling
  • When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy
  • Homesick and Happy: How Time Away from Parents Can Help a Child Grow
  • Raising Bookworms: Getting Kids Reading for Pleasure and Empowerment
  • Discipline Without Distress: 135 Tools for Raising Caring, Responsible Children Without Time-Out, Spanking, Punishment, or Bribery
  • Monkey Portraits
  • The Luminous Portrait: Capture the Beauty of Natural Light for Glowing, Flattering Photographs
  • Just Tell Me What to Say: Sensible Tips and Scripts for Perplexed Parents
  • A Year of Mornings: 3191 Miles Apart
  • From Diapers to Dating: A Parent's Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Children
  • The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers
  • The Web Designer's Idea Book: The Ultimate Guide To Themes, Trends & Styles In Website Design
  • Ten Powerful Things to Say to Your Kids: Creating the Relationship You Want with the Most Important People in Your Life
  • "A" Is for Apron: 25 Fresh & Flirty Designs
  • Tao of Photography: Seeing Beyond Seeing

“And for the world's orphans. A portion of this book's proceeds will go to you.” 0 likes