Start by marking “Ghost Rider, Vol. 1: Vicious Cycle” as Want to Read:
Ghost Rider, Vol. 1: Vicious Cycle

Ghost Rider, Vol. 1: Vicious Cycle (Ghost Rider Vol. 5 #1)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Once upon a time, Johnny Blaze made a deal with the Devil - and to no-one's surprise but his own, he got shafted. Now trapped in hell, with the Spirit of Vengeance bonded to his immortal soul and weighing him down, Johnny may have finally found a way out. But at what cost?
Published January 24th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Rider, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Rider, Vol. 1

Jesse A
Interesting start. This is my first Ghost Rider book so slightly confusing. Is Doctor Strange a normal part of G.R.?
Andrew Uys
Not even the latest reboot of the series anymore, this volume sets the stage with Johnny Blaze escaping from Hell yet again. Gone is Danny Ketch ("my" Ghost Rider in the 90s), but a lot of his more 'badass' design remains...except for the motorcycle. While this could be my biggest disappointment with the particular relaunch, the plot behind Blaze's escape - the Devil is hidden aboard the bike when it breaks free from Hell & the Ghost Rider has to stop him from taking over Earth - makes for s ...more
Silas
I had this compulsion to check out some Ghost Rider comics. Once again, I find that it's just kind of not my scene. The themes revolve around a conflict between heaven and hell (which I suppose is to be expected, given the nature of the main character). This fits strongly into that mold, and as a consequence is less interesting to me (and I felt like they didn't capture Doctor Strange's character very well). It is rather well done. The painting here is excellent. Still, I'm just not terribly dra ...more
logankstewart
This was not very good. I've been on a kick reading comics from the 2006 era. Thought I'd try this out, but it just wasn't for me. Johnny Blaze was not compelling at all, nor was the artwork. The premise is slightly interesting--Ghost Rider escapes from Hell and Lucifer follows after--but not enough to keep me going on.
Patrick
This was a solid read and the art was considerably better than I'd thought it would be. Lucifer being based on Tim Curry was a fun addition.

May very well read the rest of this run.
Paul Young
Nice art and review of GR's origin. Boring, predictable fight w/Dr. Strange, unfortunately.
David
Sep 25, 2007 David rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nicolas's Cage's kids
Shelves: comics
I picked up an issue of this not too long ago, not expecting too much, expecting nothing really, and was pleasantly surprised. The art, especially the coloring, is a little rough at times, but the basic idea behind the series is actually kind of neat, and Daniel Way somehow makes Ghost Rider a viable character. Which is a tough thing to do when all he's got going for him is that his head and motorcycle are both on fire.
Federiken Masters
Qué sé yo... Está bien, mucho fuego y quilombo y maldiciones y malos malosos y toda la bocha. El dibujo está muy bonito y la ambientación está bien lograda, pero tampoco es un comic imprescindible. Como me pasa con la mayoría de comic de Marvel que agarro: no está mal, pero tampoco es ninguna maravilla. Si la intención de los autores era entretener un rato, aprobado.
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
My friend Ronnie loaned me this one. It was interesting but not fascinating. The movie made me think the backstory could be better. There is likely some others out there with richer content. Overall this was the better of the two he loaned me. I liked the artwork and action was pretty consistent. The Ghost Rider is an interesting character.
Donald Armfield
Really never knew the origins of Ghost Rider. Just thought he looked awesome on his flaming motorcycle with a skull engulfed in flames. Either Daniel Way wrote a horrible comic or I found no interest in reading more of the hell firing skull head.
Sue
reading the four ghost rider graphic novels that we have to make sure they are appropriate for all our students - i find the concept of the books really clever and the art is crazy! i wouldn't have a problem letting even a 7th grader read these.
Arturo
Lucifer and Johnny escape hell. Now Johnny must fix his mistake. Guest starring Dr. strange.
With great art by Texeira.
Jeremy Spaulding
This book is horrible, one of the dumbest stories I have ever read.
Trinity
Trinity marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
joe kleisle
joe kleisle marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Jason
Jason added it
Jul 15, 2015
Sven Gredelj
Sven Gredelj marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Victoria Kilpatrick
Victoria Kilpatrick marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Class of 2014: Matthew-Book Review 1 3 May 24, 2014 12:44PM

Ghost Rider Vol. 5 (10 books)
  • Ghost Rider, Vol. 2: The Life & Death of Johnny Blaze
  • Ghost Rider: Trials and Tribulations
  • Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire
  • Ghost Rider by Daniel Way Ultimate Collection
  • Ghost Rider Omnibus
Deadpool: Secret Invasion (Deadpool, #1) Deadpool: Dark Reign (Deadpool, #2) Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool, #3) Deadpool: Monkey Business (Deadpool, #4) Wolverine: Origins Vol. 5: Deadpool