Start by marking “Cry, Laugh, Cook!” as Want to Read:
Cry, Laugh, Cook!

Cry, Laugh, Cook!

A collection of essays, conversations, and three generations of Conte family recipes
Published September 15th 2010 by Amsterdam Berwick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cry, Laugh, Cook!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry, Laugh, Cook!

Lisa
Jun 28, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it
Are you feeling a little down? Do you need a little pick me up? Cry, Laugh, Cook is the perfect medicine for you! I’m sure you’ve heard the old saying, “Laughter is good medicine.” I believe this to be true. Yvonne Conte embraces life through the lens of humor. As a Christian woman, God has given her the blessing of being able to share her humor with others. Cry, Laugh, Cook is one of several ways that our good Lord is using Yvonne to bring laughter into our every day lives.

This book is not a s
Lisa Tortorello
Nov 18, 2012 Lisa Tortorello rated it it was amazing
Yvonne Conte's book Cry, Laugh, Cook! is certainly an uplifting read. I recommend this to anyone who wants to celebrate family, fun, and food. When reading this book, I found myself smiling at the stories, because it brought back so many childhood memories of my own. At an early age, I was taught a great lesson from my own grandfather: Be sure to make time for some fun every day. So, Conte's message of always including humor in life certainly rings true for me. The last part of her book is ...more
Judi Chesshir
Jun 30, 2011 Judi Chesshir rated it it was amazing
Cry, Laugh, Cook! is a collection of stories, memories, & some wonderful recipes. The author reminds us of the importance of family and the joy of sitting together over a meal. Her essays are filled with humor. I couldn't help but laugh while reading the essay on "First Kiss." Yvonne gives some good advice throughout the book on how to deal with everyday problems by adding humor into our lives. I found the radio conversation dealing with stress helpful. The end of the book has a collection ...more
Kathy
Jun 24, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This author took me along for a ride down my own memory lane as she shared her delightful childhood memories growing up in a close-knit loving family. I found her book to be entertaining and filled with humor, family photos, and fun-filled essays, hilarious radio broadcast conversations, followed by valued family recipes. As she wrote about the delicious food, I could almost smell the aroma! Yvonne found a humorous way to reach out to her readers showing a way through any difficulty in life.
Revi
Lisa Budzinski
Jul 11, 2011 Lisa Budzinski rated it really liked it
Cry, Laugh, Cook! Is a wonderful book full of family, tradition, love and humor. The book also contains family photographs that help to enrich the stories as you read along. The author shares many a heartfelt moments along with many humorous anecdotes. The author was thoughtful to include family recipes handed down through her rich Italian heritage. This book will make a wonderful gift at any time of the year for any purpose.

Review by Lisa Davis Budzinski, Author of "At the End of the Day"

Mukkove Johnson
Jul 13, 2011 Mukkove Johnson is currently reading it
Just getting started. Looking forward to the stories.
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2010
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2011
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013