Start by marking “Northern Escape (Harlequin Blaze, #581)” as Want to Read:
Northern Escape (Harlequin Blaze, #581)

Northern Escape (Alaskan Heat #3)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Nobody in Good Riddance is wondering how world-class chef Augustina "Gus" Tippens ended up running the local diner. No, but everybody's dying to know the identity of the mysterious, sexy stranger who's eyeing her like she's scrumptious creme brulee...Travel journalist Nick Hudson loves coming across the unusual--and the annual Good Riddance Christmoose Parade definitely fi ...more
Published November 16th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Northern Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Northern Escape

Lisa Malmquist
I thought this was a cute story about a world class chef who ends up in Alaska. Four years after running away from New York and her former life there, she meets Nick Hudson, a travel journalist who is writting about the Christmas festival in the Alaskan town of Good Riddance, where Augustina, the chef is now residing.
Of course Nick and Gus hit it off...anyway, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but there is a pleasant Christmas romance with a touch of mystery. Just the right thing before Christ
Crystal
2.5 actually. I confess to skimming.

Let's see... h was previously engaged to some guy whose family was influential. She broke up with him, and he started stalking her. So she's been living in bumblefart nowhereville off the grid for 4 years.

H is a travel reporter. He comes to bumblefart nowhereville for reasons I never really understood. Something about doing an article on some Christmas celebration there. Why, I dunno. I mean; I'd imagine off-the-wall Christmas celebrations are pretty common in
Mitch
Oh, Harlequin. You feel-good easy reads have pulled me in, since it allows me to read while maintain a busy life. I can seriously complete half a Harlequin in one bathtub session. So yes, I've been devouring them like a box of Fanny Farmer chocolates. Shush up and don't judge. These last two bathtub sessions have brought me to Good Riddance, Alaska in Jennifer LaBrecque's "Alaskan Heat". Yay, here come the holiday reads!

The following may or may not contain spoilers.

A few years ago beautiful and
Kerry-Ann McDade
Northern Escape was such a quick read for me simply because I couldn't get enough of Gus and Nick. I was so intrigued to find out Gus' secret that when I did I wanted to read more!

I loved the atmosphere of the small town which is Good Riddance and the way everyone knows each others business the story itself based in that town truly amazed me at how much I loved it. There are a couple of quoted from the novel which I adored.

"The loons and many other birds fly south for the winter. They knows whe
Kay
Gus's story... the third book in the Alaskan Heat mini-series takes place around Christmas and New Year. Because it builds on characters from the previous two books, it would probably be best read after them, although it gives enough detail to work as a book on its own, this info could be seen as something of a spoiler if you want to read the other two books.
Donna
I liked this story the least of the three books in this series. I just didn't really find the romance between Gus and Nick that interesting. The author spent too much time on filling in the back story and not enough developing the romance. Also, I'm not sure why the story about Jenna and her unsuccessful pursuit of Nelson was thrown in this book...it just didn't seem to belong.
Krystean
I really enjoyed this mini-series by Jennifer LaBrecque that included Northern Exposure, Northern Encounter and Northern Escape. Romantic, fun, and good stories. I'll look for more books by this author.
Wminbc
This last one in the Alaskan heat series made me soooo hungry...the kitchen scenes and food descriptions should be banned from pre-CHristmas books...can't diet and read!
Robin *loves sexy books*
3.5 stars. My favorite of this little series was the 1st book. But i likes all of them and it was a great little series.
Tricia
Alaskan Heat Series #3 - Jennifer LaBrecque is awesome. I love her stories of Alaska.
Rochelle
cute. short and sweet.
cover is pretty ridiculous-looking, though!
Sue
Feb 28, 2011 Sue rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
The characters in the town were a hoot!
Harlequin Books
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 13, 2014
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...
Triple Threat Ripped! Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262) Northern Exposure In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)