Start by marking “Appointment with a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Appointment with a Stranger

Appointment with a Stranger

Deeply self-conscious about her severe asthma attacks, high school student Keller Parrish finds solace in the company of an attractive but mysterious boy at a remote pond, unaware that he is an insubstantial echo of a forty-year-old tragedy.
Mass Market Paperback, 176 pages
Published July 1st 1991 by Avon Books (first published 1989)

Alissa Bach
Mar 13, 2009 Alissa Bach rated it it was amazing
Although a very quick read, this is a haunting, beautifully-written romance. It is also a coming-of-age story. Keller has allowed her life to be ruled by her asthma, afraid to make friends or socialize because she fears people will make fun of her for her disorder (she's been badly burned by mean kids in the past). For health reasons, she leaves the crowded, smoggy city to live with her grandmother in the country. It is here she meets Tom, the first person she ever felt truly comfortable around ...more
Ryan
Aug 11, 2011 Ryan added it
I loved this book when I was 12, I think I made everyone I knew read it. But I did notice that the boy on the cover was wearing a digital watch even though he died before the Second World War. It's just always bothered me.
Rachel
Jan 14, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
I read this cover to cover as a kid. That is saying something for me. It was a rainy fall night. I kept the window open and read to the ghosts outside.
Lauren Covaci
Nov 25, 2014 Lauren Covaci rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read that really made we want to be an author. What did it for me was the connection between the two main characters.
The perfectly woven story and imaginary of the main character riding her bike to the lake, spending the day, and meeting a young man sit with me even a decade or more later. This is a book that I will re-read over and over again.
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
This is a quick and easy read. While it was good, and the characters were pretty well developed for novel length, something was missing for me. There is nothing overtly wrong with this book except that I wish that I didn't know from the beginning that he was a ghost. I don't know if that would have made it any different.
I also really liked Drew, he is funny, caring and persistent, and I know if she would have chosen him off the bat, there wouldn't really have been a story, but I favored him t
Chantal Sordzi
Dec 31, 2015 Chantal Sordzi rated it it was amazing
Light read -I read this when I was twelve years old over the summer and I still remember how intriguing it was.
Katrina Sutton
Aug 14, 2012 Katrina Sutton rated it it was amazing
This was definitely a page turner. One of my favorites, I was memorized with the story of a girl and a boy who was ghost. I only wish that I happen to have a copy of this book because then I would lend it out to my friends. It's that good.
Miranda Dallis
Oct 05, 2012 Miranda Dallis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I have read this book probably 20 times since I was 13. It never gets old. And I still love it just as much today as I did then.
Liz
Sep 15, 2012 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star
Lois
Oct 21, 2013 Lois rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-novels
This was my favorite book at 12! I read it over and over and over again!!!
Heather S
Jan 18, 2011 Heather S marked it as to-read
Shelves: sequoyah-winners
Sequoyah Winner: 1991-1992 (YA)
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Amanda Smith
Amanda Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Felicia Shelton
Felicia Shelton marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Amanda Wong
Amanda Wong rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Susan Roitmire
Susan Roitmire marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Rebecca Joy
Rebecca Joy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Carolyne
Carolyne rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Amanda McCoy
Amanda McCoy rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Amanda Fleming
Amanda Fleming rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Deann Matthews
Deann Matthews rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Elizabeth Bolden
Elizabeth Bolden marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Foxy
Foxy rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Kristena
Kristena marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What's The Name o...: 90's YA, girl meets boy at pond, ghosts [s] 5 25 Dec 19, 2013 04:14PM
"My mother taught me to read before I started school, but I had to wait to be six before I could have a library card."[ Author's quote from her website.]
"In 25 years, I wrote 40 books. Most of them came out under my own name, but a few were published under the name T.J. Bradstreet."
[ Author's quote from her website.]
She lives in Washington State, and is a member of The Authors Guild and the Societ
More about Jean Thesman...