Start by marking “Captain Ingram's Inheritance (Rothschild Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Captain Ingram's Inheritance (Rothschild Trilogy, #3)

Captain Ingram's Inheritance (Rothschild Trilogy #3)

Frank Ingram, an impecunious officer, is seriously wounded at Waterloo.

Rescued by Lord Roworth, he meets Roworth’s sister, Lady Constantia, an angel of mercy.

But Frank and Connie are each hiding a terrible secret they are sure will prevent marriage to anyone, let alone each other.

Originally published by Zebra as The Captain’s Inheritance
Kindle Edition, Regency Reads, 369 pages
Published September 27th 2010 by Belgrave House (first published August 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Ingram's Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Ingram's Inheritance

QNPoohBear
The first few chapters are carried over from the previous book. I wasn't sure whether this was a new book or one I had read before. When the story finally gets going, Lady Constantina Roworth is being badgered by her mother to go to London for the Season and find a suitable husband. Connie knows she can never ever marry for a childhood accident has left her scarred. She would much rather stay and care for the wounded Captain Frank Ingrham. He's an amusing companion and she enjoys badgering him t ...more
Éowyn
Captain Ingram's Inheritance follows on from the two previous stories in this trilogy, Miss Jacobson's Journey and Lord Roworth's Reward. They are Regency romances in the traditional vein, but a bit more tongue in cheek than someone like Georgette Heyer. The best comparison would probably be with some of the Regency stories written by MC Beaton - if you like them, you'll love these.

English readers may know Carola Dunn from her Daisy Dalrymple books, but she is originally English and has written
GeraniumCat
I didn't realise that this was the last of a trilogy. It made no difference whatsoever to my enjoyment of it, Dunn's a good storyteller and all the information I needed was there, so that it didn't occur to me that I should have known anything more about the characters.

When Felix Roworth comes home from the wars, he has made his fortune and suddenly, his two sisters who have been rusticating genteelly, have the promise of seasons and husband-hunting. Unfortunately, the elder, Constantia, doesn'
Stevie Carroll
Aug 30, 2013 Stevie Carroll rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final part of this enchanting trilogy and my favourite out of the bunch. The story starts towards the end of the previous book, retelling the events through the eyes of the brother and sister of that novel's hero and heroine. Frank Ingram has survived the war on the continent and is recuperating back in England, but believes that the scars on his chest will scare away any bride who has been able to look beyond his lack of connections and fortune. Then the family lawyer who has pursued him an ...more
Helene Harrison
Review - I wish more had been made of the scars of Constantia and Frank, and I wish that the story had continued a little further after the end. Aside from those little things the novel was excellent, the best of the series. I loved Constantia and even after three books I still love Felix, and in particular his relationship with Fanny Ingram.

Genre? - Historical Fiction / Romance

Characters? - Frank Ingram / Fanny Ingram / Felix Roworth / Constantia Roworth / Vickie Roworth / Duke of Oxshott / Do
Jane Mercer
Mar 23, 2013 Jane Mercer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Captain Frank Ingram is recovering at the home of Lord Roworth, (some of this overlaps with the end of Lord Roworth's Reward but not a lot).
Frank finds that he and hi sister are the heirs to a fortune and 2 estates. Deciding to visit them Constantia and Victoria accompany, Frank Roworth and Fanny to their inheritance.
Connie and Frank were starting to fall in love at the end of the last book, this carries it on and involves a money grubbing Duke, a week Marquis various aunts and horrible relation
Elizabeth
I have enjoyed all of Carola Dunn’s regency books I have read so far. They are a nice, quick, easy read and they have a Jane Austen feel to them. Each book is different enough from the others to feel fresh and her enjoyable writing style is consistent.
Brigitte
Jul 22, 2013 Brigitte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! the characters are great form Roworth's sister to the captain; they are vividly described, full of humour. I couldn't put it down! A real page-turner!
Simon Mcleish
Simon Mcleish rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Kara G
Kara G rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Kourtney Wilkinson
Kourtney Wilkinson rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2013
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Liewen
Liewen rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Ann Newman
Ann Newman rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Gerrie
Gerrie rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Oct 16, 2011
Lexi
Dec 16, 2015 Lexi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Perfect way to end this very enjoyable series. I'm only sorry it's over.
Cathi
Cathi rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2013
Lee Sutton
Lee Sutton rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
 ☆☽ Ruth ☆☽
Always entertaining, but the characters' behaviour is even more unbelievable than usual.
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Sammy
Sammy rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
virginia marie sharplin
virginia marie sharplin rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Anita Jackson
Anita Jackson rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2014
Catie
Catie rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Cheryl Breza
Cheryl Breza rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • The Bar Sinister (Clanross,0.5)
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • A Loyal Companion
  • Mutual Consent
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • Dance for a Diamond
  • The Silverton Scandal
  • Tilly True
  • Gallant Waif
  • Lord Sidley's Last Season
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • Bath Tangle
  • Yvonne Goes to York (The Traveling Matchmaker, #6)
  • The Five-Minute Marriage
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
Carola Dunn is the author of more than 30 Regency romances, as well as 16 mysteries (the Daisy Dalrymple mystery series is set in England in the 1920s). Ms. Dunn was born and grew up in England, where she got a B.A. in Russian and French from Manchester University. She travelled as far as Fiji before returning to settle in California. After 30 years in the US, she says she still sounds as if she a ...more
More about Carola Dunn...

Rothschild Trilogy (3 books)
  • Miss Jacobson's Journey (Rothschild Trilogy, #1)
  • Lord Roworth's Reward (Rothschild Trilogy, #2)