Start by marking “I Love Bacon!” as Want to Read:
I Love Bacon!

I Love Bacon!

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
In I Love Bacon, Jayne Rockmill presents more than 50 bacon-themed recipes from some of America's hottest chefs--from Cat Cora to Rick Tramonto, Ming Tsai, Jasper White, Andy Husbands and Joe Yonan, Pichet Ong, Bradford Thompson, John Besh, and many others--along with mouthwatering photography. With instructions on how to make bacon from scratch and how to feature bacon in ...more
Published October 26th 2010 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Love Bacon!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Bacon!

Gail Cooke
Nov 11, 2010 Gail Cooke rated it it was amazing
If you're enjoying bacon only as a partner for your breakfast eggs or to build a noontime BLT, take a look at I LOVE BACON. This yummily illustrated cookbook is not only a tribute to those delicious crispy strips but a chronicle of bacon's versatility with over 50 favorite recipes from acclaimed chefs. The variety is amazing and mouth-watering - everything from brunch dishes to entrees to soups to salads to cocktails to desserts, yes desserts!

For instance, Chef Bill McDaniel in New York City off
Tonya
Aug 30, 2012 Tonya rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. The only problem is that I now want to make every single recipe in it - including the "make-your-own-bacon-from-scratch" recipes. I'm especially excited to make the bacon desserts.
Alexandra Wesson
Feb 25, 2013 Alexandra Wesson rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this book from the library; and this evening I made the 'Bluefish with corn, avocado and bacon salad' on page 69. I made a few alterations in the recipe for convenience sake (a different fish, canned corn, etc.)- nonetheless the dish was phenomenal. The juxtaposition of flavours is brilliant. I plan to purchase my own copy of the book asap, and I hope that Ms. Rockmill plans to write many more cookbooks, preferably in the immediate future.
Nick Stengel
Dec 12, 2015 Nick Stengel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-and-cooking
I thought this would be a fanciful and silly book, but the recipes collected are very serious and some of them are quite difficult! Deep frying a poached egg that has been wrapped in a weave of bacon to serve atop red wine braised lentils, for example. Deep frying an egg (or anything that wet) has a high rate of failure in a professional kitchen! Plus, they have one of my favorite recipes from my old boss Bob Kinkead. But it for casual reading...make a lot of the recipes.
Emily
Sep 22, 2015 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cooking
Because it's bacon! I was just going to look at it for a laugh and then put it in the shop, but some of the recipes actually look really good. They aren't all bacon heavy but use it as a good balance for the other ingredients. I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipes.
Jason Payne
Jan 02, 2012 Jason Payne rated it it was amazing
This is a book about bacon being awesome. So it's kind of obvious. I really like the conclusion where the author concedes that bacon is awesome, and so is bacon. BACON
Kerry Fine
Sep 01, 2012 Kerry Fine rated it really liked it
I don't normally read cookbooks cover-to-cover, but this one kept me turning the pages. My sister brought it home from the library, and I think I hate her for it:)
Erin
Feb 15, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I flipped through this at the libray and am adding it because I need to remember to buy it. AMAZING bacon cookbook!
Alejandro
Alejandro rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2012
mj matsushita
mj matsushita rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Gary Greenberg
Gary Greenberg rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Anastasia Watson
Anastasia Watson rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Ryan Lynch
Ryan Lynch rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Fred Perry
Fred Perry rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Aglaea
Barely any photos. Half the joy is eating with my eyes.
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Avis Black
Avis Black rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2015
Meg Dean
Meg Dean rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2011
Lynn Lendabarker
Lynn Lendabarker rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
May
May rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Adam
Adam rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Blake Jones
Blake Jones rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Courtney
Courtney rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Stepha
Dec 18, 2011 Stepha rated it liked it
recipes are submitted by well-known, accomplished chefs. great food po*n and fairly creative.
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Mark Erwin
Mark Erwin rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Cricket
Cricket rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Jayne Rockmill is a New Yorker who loves to cook and entertain. A portion of the proceeds from I Love Bacon will be donated to two of her favorite charities: Food Bank and Share Our Strength."
More about Jayne Rockmill...