Start by marking “Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold” as Want to Read:
Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold

Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold (Mr. Putter & Tabby #11)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  301 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Even though Tabby tries to keep him warm, Mr. Putter catches a cold in this cozy addition to the series.
Published October 1st 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold

Susan Katz
The perfect Mr. Putter for a cold January day. In this particular episode in the wonderful Mr. Putter and Tabby series, Mr. Putter gets a cold and Mrs. Teaberry's good dog Zeke woofs to the rescue as the errand-dog who brings the patient soup, tea, and adventure. In the end, Mr. Putter enjoys the best cold he's ever caught - and so does the reader! This book should be sold at the drugstore right next to the other cold remedies.
I like the Mr. Putter books. They are fun to read to children, as well as being a great beginner reader. This book follows the pattern of all the Mr. Putters and would be a great book to read to a child who has a cold or is home sick.
Amy
Aug 01, 2012 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amy by: Katrina
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
This Mr. Putter & Tabby book elicited several "awwws" from my niece. Really a sweet book, and Mrs. Teaberry's good dog Zeke is just unbearably cute in this one! Wonderful heartwarming story!
Logan
Logan (age 6.5) loves cats and we've read the Mr. Putter series for a couple of years now. This is one of our favorites. Mr. Putter is sick and longs for the days when his mother "spoiled" (I hate that word, but that's what's in the book) him by fixing him soup and tea and bringing him adventure books. Enter his lovely neighbor Mrs. Teaberry and her good dog Zeke. These tender and funny stories celebrate friendship and kindness, and are some of the few books that portray aging as a part of life...more
Andd Becker
The story is delightful. The illustrations by Arthur Howard are superb. What makes the story of high interest is the interaction with neighbor Mrs. Teaberry and her dog Zeke.
Mr. Putter and Tabby are enjoying a cozy room with warm tea and warm muffins. They are watching the snow fall. But something is missing.
That something, apparently, is the presence of a neighbor's dog. Zeke comes over with a thermos strapped to his back. Chicken soup. He leaves, then returns with another thermos. This one...more
Jenna
Poor Mr. Putter catches a cold. When his neighbor offers to bring him some soup he tells her he doesn't want her to catch his cold. So he and his cat, Tabby, snuggle in together. Surprisingly, Zeke, the neighbor's dog shows up with soup and a good book. Mr. Putter, Tabby, and Zeke all settle in to read and wait for the soup to work its magic.

I had never read any of the Mr. Putter books, so this was a new experience for me. It was a short, easy read, but also enjoyable. I caught myself laughing o...more
Henry
MCL. Colds are no good.
Rowlak5
This is a great series for 1st and 2nd grade readers. Great stories and illustrations. This one, in particular, is a standout to me because of Zeke the dog and Mr. Putter's fond memories including adventure books helping him feel better through a cold.
Kristine Pratt
Poor Mr. Putter - he's sick. But has just the RIGHT kind of cold to really enjoy it. I recalled just being that sort of sick as a child and loving the time spent sick in bed. This recaptures all of that just perfectly. Loved it!
Amber Pangburn
This is about a man who got a cold and he didn't have any friends. His neighbor then helped by having the dog bring over soup and a comic book. I would use this in a classroom to help teach the students to help their neighbors.
Dolly
Sep 22, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens, pets
We love Cynthia Rylant's stories and the Mr. Putter and Tabby series is a fun one. We enjoyed this tale and thought it was hilarious that Zeke was the messenger, bringing soup and tea and comfort to Mr. Putter.
Alex Lawrence
These were the most fun books that i read when i came from Ukraine because they were fun and chalanging for me at that time. I remember reading 25 a week of these books. I probobly read at least a hundred or more.
Renee' Viness
The kids at our grandson's school just loved hearing this book, when I read it. They laughed and otherwise became involved in the story. It was a very enjoyable interactive book.
Christy
For use in schools and libraries only. When Mr. Putter catches a cold, his friend Mrs. Teaberry sends over some special treats to help him feel better.
Alaina Sloo
One of my favorite early reader series. Sweet, gentle stories that many kids love, perfect for kindergarten through 2d grade.
Joe
good review by Logan...and good point about aging. I like Arthur Howards drawings.
Dree
Not the best of the series, but still so sweet with fabulous illustrations.
John
Fun. Not quite as good as some others in the series.
Schmobes
Mr. Putter and Tabby do not disappoint. Great level 3.
Joy
I want a neighbor like Mr. Putter has in Mrs. Teaberry.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
I like reading all these books about Mr. Putter. J.C.
Kelli Shoemake
Great book about helping others.
Travis
Very cute!
Sarah added it
Sep 19, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
  • The Chicken-Chasing Queen of Lamar County
  • Brownie Groundhog and the February Fox
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • Lulu and the Duck in the Park
  • Elliot and the Pixie Plot (Underworld Chronicles #2)
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Frog and Fly
  • Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs
  • A Birthday for Bear: An Early Reader
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...
The Relatives Came Missing May When I Was Young in the Mountains Henry and Mudge: The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1) Old Town in the Green Groves: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Lost Little House Years