Start by marking “Skeleton Meets The Mummy (Big Book)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Skeleton Meets The Mummy

Steve Metzger

Skeleton Meets The Mummy (Big Book)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  16 reviews
This spooky new read-aloud story is perfect for Halloween!On Halloween night, Sammy has to make a quick trip through the dark woods before he can go trick-or-treating. But someone--or something--is following him. Scritch! Scratch! What could it be?Bold, vibrant illustations make this spooky story a perfect Halloween tale that kids will want to read again and again.
Published (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Skeleton Meets The Mummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skeleton Meets The Mummy

Dena (Batch of Books)
My daughter picked this story out of her Scholastic book club order catalog. She loves Halloween and she loves skeletons and mummies, so this one really appealed to her.

This is a really fun book to read. The author used a lot of onomatopoeia (sound words) to enhance the spooky experience of Halloween. The story was fun, exciting, and a little scary. But not too scary. I thought it contained the right amount of spook for the age group it's aimed at.

I absolutely loved loved loved the illustrations
Erica Rhodes
My kids got a kick out of this book. They loved all the sounds described in the story. The only down side is it was a bit too predictable. My four year old had it all figured out early on. That was a bit disappointing.
Rida
Really really cute! Adorable!
Stacey
Sammy is excited for Halloween, and trick-or-treating. But before he can go he needs to bring his grandmother some hot soup for her cold bones (it’s a family of skeletons) and his grandmother lives through the woods on a dark, windy night.
Adorable illustrations and easy reading. The words flow quite well with the story and illustrations. The illustrations are bright and colorful and the face expressions are the best. This is cute book, especially for Halloween and children who do not in anyway w
Kristen
This book had the traditional feel of a Halloween book that is supposed to "scare" younger children, but has a much different appearance. Instead of soft colors and realistic drawings, this book has angular shapes and vibrant colors. In Skeleton Meets the Mummy, Skeleton has to go out into the woods before he can go trick-or-treating but soon he senses something following him! This is a short but cute book to use at Halloween time. It was good, but not the best.
Lesley
Oct 13, 2013 Lesley rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 544
This books starts out like Little Red Riding Hood except the author uses a skeleton Sammy to take some soup to grandma's house. As he travels through the woods encounters alot of scary things but faces them along the way. Then he meets the scariest thing in the woods his friend Derek dressed as a mummy. Great book to teach students about facing her/his fears.

Published: 2010
Genre: Mystery, Halloween, adventure
Seher Patka
The Little Skeleton boy takes a walk through the forest to get to grandma's house before he goes trick-o-treating. On the way, he meets a mummy that frightens him. This book is perfect to include in your fall collection. It works on phonics, fluency, and has oversized words so children can follow along while you read aloud.
Mekia
great book! A little boy is sent by his mother on halloween to give his grandmother some soup. He must take the route through the woods, and when in the woods he hears some things that frighten him. When someone starts to chase him wearing a mummy costume, he eventually says that he's tired of running and solves the problem.
Joey Fong
This is agreat boko to read during October when Halloween is coming. It is part of the spooky, mystery genere that students will appreciate. THe story forces students to make prediction of the things "Skeleton" might encounter on the way to Grandma's house. fun book to read during free time as well.
Mary
This is an amusing story about two friends on Halloween. One decides to scare the other, and they both end up having a good laugh about it. It is a lighthearted story--I thought the ending was somewhat lackluster after the buildup of the beginning. The pictures are great, though!
Kim
Pre-K Halloween book, simply written, lots of words that sound like sounds, cute illustrations

themes: bravery, dark woods, friends, Halloween, mummies, skeletons
Bridget
Very cute illustrations and cute story about a little skeleton that is scared of his Halloween surroundings.
Brianna Dietz
This is a fun book to read during Halloween! Great for students to learn differences in appearances.
*Queen Diva*
Who knew that skeletons could be so adorable!!! Hahaha! The illustrations were super cute!!
Rachel
Like the shading on the illustrations, but other than that nothing really remarkable.
Debbie
Feb 02, 2013 Debbie is currently reading it
idc
Cary Roller
Cary Roller marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Kristi
Kristi added it
Nov 04, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Michelle N
Michelle N marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I grew up in Queens, NY in the 1950s with my “baby” sister, Lois. She is now a wonderful writer of young adult novels and nonfiction. My mother was born in Vienna, Austria, and my father came from Brooklyn – an interesting match! My best friends were Neil, Robbie, Krebs, and Paul. I’m still good friends with most of these guys. It was less hectic in those days – no computers, no emails, fewer TV c ...more
More about Steve Metzger...
Detective Blue Pluto Visits Earth! When The Leaf Blew In We're Going On A Leaf Hunt Five Little Penguins Slipping On The Ice