Start by marking “187 Pain and Bliss” as Want to Read:
187 Pain and Bliss

187 Pain and Bliss

Surviving a plane crash that claims the life of his mother, 10-year-old Axle Hunter

suddenly fi nds himself in the jungles of Thailand, wanders into an opium poppy

fi eld and enters an exotic realm far beyond the familiar--the world of the drug cartel.

Rescued and adopted by Chang So'Ming, commander of the poppy farm, Axle works

the fi elds and trains to become a Thai fi ghter
Published June 25th 2010 by Xlibris Corporation

To ask other readers questions about 187 Pain and Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 187 Pain and Bliss

Cecile
Jan 14, 2011 Cecile rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author, Mr. Halverson for review. The thoughts that are expressed are solely mine and mine alone. Now on the review...

This was another slam dunk for Mr. Halverson. Now I know most of you are thinking right now... This is not Cecile's normal reading habits and a book like this does not fit in her normal range reading material. But I read Mr. Halverson's first book and now I have read this one. And let's just say I can not wait to see the next Kane Silver adventure
Cheryl
Oct 06, 2010 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Axle Hunter was just ten years old when he lost his mother in a plant crash. Axle’s mother had won a trip. Together she and Axle was flying when their plane crashed in the middle of the ocean in Thailand. Axle was the only survivor. Axle travels many miles and comes upon an encampment. There he is met by Choy and Ling. Two of Chang So’Ming’s employees. Chang runs an opium farm.

When Change meets Axle he feels sorry for him and adopts him as his son. Axle has grown up into a man and great fighter.
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jun 30, 2011 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it it was amazing
I read the first book, Life After 187, last year and I loved it. So when the author contacted me regarding this next book in the series, I jumped with delight.
Then I did the unthinkable.
I moved and the book got packed away, only to be put at the bottom of my tbr pile.
One day I decided to arrange my tbr pile in a better order, and I'm so glad I did. When I found this book, right away I had to get started on it.
Then I couldn't put it down. I even fell asleep with it on my night stand. I'm not one
Sherrie
Dec 07, 2010 Sherrie rated it it was amazing
This is the second book from Wade J. Halverson that I have read. He's a very good writer, and this series of books is loaded with thrills, suspense and mystery. As Axle is devastated by the brutal deaths of his family, he is looking for some help. He heads to the one man that he can trust, Kane Silver. Kane has a business called Securities & Such. Along with Kane there is Valentinao and Si'Ling. Hank is the one that oversees them all, kind of like a dad. Kane, Valentinao, Si'Ling and Axle st ...more
Ziaria
Ziaria rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2010