Start by marking “The Wisdom of the Breath: Three Guided Meditations for Calming the Mind and Cultivating Insight” as Want to Read:

The answers to the most profound spiritual questions lie within us-but how do we gain access to our deepest wisdom? "Breathing is a gateway to insight," reveals Scottish-born teacher Bodhipaksa, "and meditation gives us the key." On The Wisdom of Your Breath, this master teacher guides listeners through breath-centered meditations for opening to the inner core of spiritual ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 120 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about The Wisdom of the Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wisdom of the Breath

Heidi The Hippie Librarian
The ideas that Bodhipaksa discusses here are not simple to understand, but he introduces them in such a way that I feel anyone can grasp their general meaning if they take the time to explore them. The meditations that are included are very good and feel natural to practice. You don't have to be a practicing Buddhist to benefit from the peace and tranquility that arise from these meditations.

Personally, I had some difficulty quieting the mind to get deeply into these practices but that's the pur
Grandmazen
May 31, 2013 Grandmazen rated it it was amazing
Love this so much! Have re listened numerous times, his voice is mesmerizing & calming. Very very helpful meditations!
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Dennis
Dennis rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Geoff
Geoff added it
Jan 12, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
محمد
محمد marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
ENOCH MAMO
ENOCH MAMO marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
I’m a Buddhist teacher and author living in New Hampshire, but originally from Scotland.

I got the Sanskrit name (which means “Wings of Enlightenment,” incidentally) when I joined the Western Buddhist Order in 1993, after 11 years of Buddhist practice. I practice at Aryaloka Buddhist Center, which is just down the road.

I run Wildmind, which has a mission to spread compassion and mindfulness through
More about Bodhipaksa...