Start by marking “Hokus Pokus” as Want to Read:
Hokus Pokus

Hokus Pokus (Sisterhood #9)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,264 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
There is no match for the Sisterhood - the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level - not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley's plot to frame their friends Judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture. They can't complain about their opulent digs ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hokus Pokus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hokus Pokus

Denise Gianelli
The Sisterhood is back again! A fun, light read with some good laughs.
Heather
Apr 23, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisterhood #9 Rules of the Game #2

I'm going to keep this super simple because yet again technology hates me and erased my first attempt at reviewing this.

*Old friend of Nellie, Myra, and Annie needed the Sisterhoods help.
* Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes being blackmailed by ex-son in law
* Sisterhood returns to the USA in Style...if you can rock and roll G-String Girls iconic G-Strings and pasties style.....
*Their nemisis Post reporter Ted Robinson is hot on their tail yet again
*With the FBI
Diane
Jun 23, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this Sisterhood Book. It is the ninth in the series but I have read them totally out of order and it doesn't matter. Each book stands on its own.

The participants of the sisterhood are characters that are well developed and each have their own separate and distinct personalities from Annie who is older and ready for any adventure to Katherine who appears to be harder and more grounded.

The seven friends who are also called "The vigilantes" take matters into their own hands when a severe in
Tara Kable
Oct 08, 2013 Tara Kable rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fern-michaels
I thought this book was hilarious! I mean there is g-string girls, and firecrackers in places they shouldnt be! Ha!! Im a little over Ted, but thankfully he wasnt as prominent in this book. All in all, another good addition to the series.
Debbie
Mar 30, 2008 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok I think I am done with the sisterhood books. They are getting really unrealistic and too violent for me. Too bad because I really kind of liked the first couple of books in the series.
Rhonda
Sep 07, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becky
Dec 08, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 9 in the Sisterhood series where the ladies who are now helping Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes who is being blackmailed by her ex son-in-law. Pearl has been doing a bit of her own underground, illegal brand of justice. Again the ladies are leaving their exile to come back to the US and hope not to be captured. Another great book in the series. The only negative I have for the book is that there are getting to be too many characters being added and to the Sisterhood. I personally e ...more
Kathy
Rhonda
Apr 01, 2008 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery and humor fans.
Judge Easter was not expecting the surprise visit from Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes at the time of night when everyone should be sleeping but that doesn't compare to what was told to her by her good friend Pearl.
Needless to say, after not much thought Judge Easter calls Charles Martin with a situation that can't wait to be fixed and there is not a wide window of opportunity in which to fix the problem.
On the otehr side of the world the Sisters are restless and itching to get back to the S
Amylou1977
Jun 11, 2008 Amylou1977 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NOT EVEN AN OCEAN CAN KEEP THE SISTERHOOD FROM HELPING A FRIEND IN NEED...There is no match for the Sisterhood-the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level-not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley's plot to frame their friends judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture They can't complain about their opulent digs on a remote, luxurious mountain top, but the ladies des ...more
Kathy Davie
Oct 26, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Ninth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series based in Washington D.C. although the ladies are currently in exile in Spain and revolving around a group of women seeking a more just justice than could be found in the courts.

The Story
Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes is in trouble. And she's not above blackmailing one of her oldest friends into helping her. When the judge confronts Nellie Easter with what she knows and what she needs, Nellie is appalled. She wants to help her friend. H
Doris
Aug 03, 2013 Doris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title caught my eye right away and the synopsis sounded intriguing. This package being provided by author Fern Michaels rounded off a good deal - I simply could not resist. However ...
Well, what I found rather disturbing was that the story was introduced as a Sisterhood ... only to be organised and controlled by men. That, somehow, did not quite make sense - to me anyhow. Yes, there is a sisterhood - in fact, most main players are women who do appear to have a say in the overall matters, but
Kayefex
Jul 23, 2015 Kayefex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Frankly, I felt this book was shabby at best. The plot was not terrible, but the dialogue and action were all completely fantastic. And by fantastic, I mean "of fantasy," not "good." I had a hard time suspending my disbelief at the juvenile and unprofessional antics of these alleged world-class operators. In addition, Fern Michaels should probably invest in a thesaurus. She used the exact same phrasings multiple times.
Susan
Aug 27, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
I enjoyed the book and most of the characters, although it was obvious I was missing some information about them. Perhaps I would have liked it more if I had realized it's a series and this was not the first book. The plot: I group of refugee vigilantes is called in to help take down blackmailers of a judge. The judge runs an underground railroad to help women and children escape violent men.
The problem is I can't figure out what happened to get the vigilantes on the run. And I don't understand
Sally
May 19, 2015 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the Vigilantes are asked to help a Supreme Court Justice, they have to find a way to get back in the US without being caught. And what those ladies won't do in order to pull off a ruse, with the help of Charles, and sometimes they have a lot of fun in the process!
Diane Wachter
PB-B @ 2008, 5/16/13. Defying the FBI, the sisterhood comes back to the U.S.A. to help a Supreme Court Justice who is being blackmailed. Stupid, unbelievable story. I did not like it.
Christine
Feb 23, 2016 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one a lot. It moved quickly, and was once again clever and satisfying. This Sisterhood series has me hooked. I like that each book can be read as stand-alone, but if you read them in order, you really appreciate the character growth. Such fun.
Sheila
Jul 08, 2015 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bonus Pokus

This book is funny and entertaining, I love the characters.. It almost wish I could join the vigilantes and some of the stuff they do.
Liz
Jul 10, 2014 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sisterhood was back at it again, this time helping a Supreme Court Judge and relocating to Pine Mountain in the states. Good action and some good laughs too.
Jodi
Jan 31, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Linda Farrell
Once again, quick, easy to follow, great plot but...the author is of another age, straining to be 'hip, up-to-date' and the strain shows. Reactions are way over the top with characters going ballistic over tiny things, just to show the writer has a grasp of today's language. Romance is thrown in, again with a far reach. There's always a 'tear in the eye' as their eyes meet, star crossed lovers...hmmm, no, that's wrong as I can't remember anything more than brief kisses taking place. I wish the s ...more
Pauline Burke
Feb 03, 2016 Pauline Burke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always like to go back to these characters, they are fun and entertaining, a bit unrealisic, but the bad guys always get their due.
Brenda Benoit
Aug 11, 2015 Brenda Benoit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the last couple of books in this series kind of disappointing me, this book was a welcome relief. It seemed with the last couple books the buildup to the mission was a lot more exciting than the actual mission. Not so with this book. Finally a mission that lasted more than a few pages like they did in the beginning of the series. Can't wait to read the next one to find out what Ted does next to try to bring the vigilantes down although I would love to see him back together with Maggie. Rea ...more
Roz Curney-Sherod
I really enjoyed this one! I'm interested to see where the Sisterhood goes from here with their membership.
Nikki
Jul 14, 2014 Nikki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series can have some hard to believe plot twists but the books are always entertaining.
Rflutist
I like the characters, but sometimes the violence goes beyond vengeance - too much so.
Marcia
Mar 14, 2014 Marcia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
THat was fun. I didn't realize it was a number 2 in a series but it was lighthearted and good escapsim for the daily commute.
Kristi Wiley Wiley
Book 9

Book 9 is everything I expected it to be. Love reading about the Sisterhood's latest antics. Book 10 is next on my to read list!!
Sara Smith
A lighthearted romp along with the usual revenge of course.
Heather
Apr 27, 2015 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
didnt finish it, not my cup o tea.
  • Vineyard Fear (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #4)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#3)
  • Random Acts
  • Gold Rush Brides: Emmy
  • My Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre Retold, #1)
  • Lord of the Abbey (Lords of Avalon #1)
  • Ricky (Mail-Order Brides Club #5)
  • Apparition Lake
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • The Bride Price (An African Romance, #1)
  • An Earl Like No Other
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • The Day is a White Tablet
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • Violet (Come By Chance Mail Order Brides #3)
  • Sara in Montana - A Christmas Wish
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8) (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Fast Track
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood, #11) (Rules of the Game, #4)

“get it open. He was light-headed with relief. He blasted” 0 likes