Start by marking “Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness” as Want to Read:
Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness

Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  235 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
He first burst onto the scene in the nineties, covered in gold face paint and exhibiting a one-of-a- kind flamboyant style that bewildered his foes and thrilled his fans. Inside the ring, Goldust is as tough as they come, known for using outrageous mind games and taking down his opponents with unparalleled ruthlessness. It’s no surprise, then, that wrestling is in his bloo ...more
Published December 14th 2010 by World Wrestling Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Cross Rhodes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Rhodes

Have a Nice Day! by Mick FoleyHitman by Bret HartA Lion's Tale by Chris JerichoFoley is Good by Mick FoleyUndisputed by Chris Jericho
Best Wrestling Books
57th out of 119 books — 96 voters
Have a Nice Day! by Mick FoleyUndisputed by Chris JerichoA Lion's Tale by Chris JerichoCheating Death, Stealing Life by Eddie GuerreroFoley is Good by Mick Foley
Wrasslin'
21st out of 49 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Bryson McCheeseburger
Jan 11, 2014 Bryson McCheeseburger rated it really liked it
A nice read about the rise and fall of Goldust in the world of wrestling. As a fan of his, I have to give the book a higher rating just for the fact that you know more and feel closer to him, but I can't give five stars as compared to other wrestlers' biographies this one is a little thin on details. Some of the story is told as if you already know the details and Dustin is just reminding you. The story is supposed to be more about his addictions and his fall, but he treats some of that as an as ...more
Mira Sun
Mar 25, 2012 Mira Sun rated it it was amazing
Mein erstes englisches Wrestlingbuch. Warum wurde es gerade Goldust? Weil Goldust einer der genialsten Charaktere ist, die es jemals im Wrestling gegeben hat. Er ist der Prince of Perversion und unter dem gold schwarzen MakeUp wirkt er wie ein sehr netter Mensch.
Ein großer Teil des Buches ist Dustins Bedauern und seine Drogenerfahrung. Ich weiß das einige Leser dieses “Gejammer” nervt. Es kann schon sehr anstrengend sein, aber sein Leben ist nun einmal so verlaufen. Es tut ihm jetzt leid, außerd
Justin Sylvia
I wasn't quiet sure what to expect from the "Bizarre One" known simply as......Goldust. I was intrigued to discover that in this book, Dustin Rhodes, the grandson of a plumber, the son of the American Dream Dusty Rhodes, & brother to "Dashing" Cody Rhodes went through a lot of hills and valleys to achieve what he has achieved in his personal life. From what i could tell, it damn sure wasn't easy trying to live in the shadow of a man that america cheered and looked up to. From his early days ...more
Matt Murphy
Dec 14, 2010 Matt Murphy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people struggling with addiction
Of every wrestling book that has been released, I've looked forward to none as much as CROSS RHODES. Dustin Rhodes grew up the son of a wrestling legend, quickly became a star, and transformed into one of wrestling's greatest characters during the WWF Attitude era; I thought he would have an amazing story to tell.

I ordered the Kindle version today (release day, 12-14-2010) and read the whole thing in about three hours. It wasn't because the content was so captivating that I zipped through it--t
Jon
Jan 08, 2012 Jon rated it it was ok
Starting with the negatives, the biggest flaw here is that this book reads like a rush-job, and I found myself skimming parts here and there because it was very clear where the story was going and there wasn't much purpose in reading closely. There isn't a lot of content; the print is double-spaced and about 16 point font, and every 5th page is a photo, and the thing still clocks in at only about 200 pages.

Wrestling is homoerotic and homophobic, whether or not most of the industry or the fans c
Bowie V.
Sep 16, 2014 Bowie V. rated it it was amazing
'Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness' is another in a long line of entertaining bios about WWE stars that reveals their triumphs and demons on their road to pro-wrestling glory. Again, it's another example of how only the strong survive in the wrestling world. Travel, injuries, and running hard take its toll on many of the wrestlers, and Dustin was no exception. THankfully, he kicked his mega-bad habit, and we still have him around.
Ben Kline
Mar 17, 2016 Ben Kline rated it liked it
A pretty good biography, but not nearly as good as most of the other wrestling biographies. Definitely lacking on wrestling and much more of a "daddy's issues" and "road to hell through drugs/alcohol and redemption" story than anything else. Still a quick and fun read overall.
Ashley K. Walton
Sep 30, 2013 Ashley K. Walton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
When i first started this book i thought it was going to be weird and creepy but it turned out to be something way better. I've always liked Goldust plus the whole Rhodes family, so when i first red this is thought it was going to be nothing but Wrestling but it turned out to be something that made me respect Dustin so much more than i already did. He worked his ass off for what he's become and unlike some people it wasn't handed to him because of his famous father. It made me respect Dusty Rhod ...more
Trey Nowell
Mar 24, 2015 Trey Nowell rated it it was amazing
Loved his honesty throughout this book, really impressed by his new outlook on life and it obviously has paid off. Never knew the struggles he was having.
Eric Kennedy-smith
Apr 10, 2016 Eric Kennedy-smith rated it it was amazing
Great autobiography for any wrestling fan! Couldn't put the book down! Very well written and informative.
Al Smith
Oct 28, 2014 Al Smith rated it it was ok
Stilted ghostwriting and barely any depth.
Cindy
Feb 01, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok
This is a prime example of a wrestling biography that is tossed together in probably three days, published the day after and all with the main goal of getting wrestling fans to fork over money.

This book is filled with vague details, quick stories and a bunch of blah blah drugs, blah blah blah, can't live up to my dad's rep. Blah blah.

Overall, huge disappointment.
Joseph Lopez
Nov 06, 2014 Joseph Lopez rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. Really gave a inside look of the ups and downs of wrestling. He tackles his addiction to pain killers and drinking and how he came clean. Also he talks about how he had to step out of the shadows of his Dad and become Goldust and how he is helping out the younger talent today in WWE.
Guin
May 05, 2011 Guin rated it liked it
The style of this book was interesting. It was more like sitting down with Dustin in his living room and listening to him tell the stories of his life and career than it was like reading a memoir or autobiography. I enjoyed it, but not everyone will like the stream-of-thought way it is written.
Eric Smith
Aug 02, 2012 Eric Smith rated it really liked it
This is a very good autobiography! If you are a wrestling fan you will for sure appreciate this book! Tons of insight and information. I read this book front to back within 2 hours and could not put it down! One of the best wrestler autobiographies out there in my opinion.
Jesse
Aug 31, 2011 Jesse rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome, he let you into his life & his struggle with addiction. If you are addicted to drugs alcohol etc. I would recommend you reading this. He expressed himself well. Really easy read.
Tim Dunn
Aug 07, 2011 Tim Dunn rated it it was ok
Pretty decent book, but too short a read and not enough back stories, very vague. There needed to be a lot more to it than this. Almost like a summary of what should be his actual book.
Randy
Jan 01, 2011 Randy rated it really liked it
A quick read. Not only peers into the life of a pro wrestling superstar but more importantly overcoming personal demons.
Benoit Bilodeau
Feb 21, 2013 Benoit Bilodeau rated it did not like it
Not too many insight into the world of wrestling, more a book about painkillers and vodka
Elina
Sep 23, 2011 Elina rated it liked it
Eye openning but it has no dates for anything. No timeline or concrete dates.
Barry
Sep 01, 2012 Barry rated it it was ok
great information, horribly written.
Stacey
Aug 04, 2012 Stacey rated it it was ok
Too short; skimpy on details.
Zenithar
Zenithar marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
J.E. Frederick
J.E. Frederick marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Rodolfo Lozano
Rodolfo Lozano rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Quincy Crow
Quincy Crow rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
  • Terry Funk: More Than Just Hardcore
  • The Road Warriors: Danger, Death, and the Rush of Wrestling
  • Walking a Golden Mile
  • Bobby the Brain: Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All
  • Countdown to Lockdown: A Hardcore Journal
  • Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
  • Hardcore History: The Extremely Unauthorized Story of the ECW
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • Wrestlecrap: The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling
  • My Life Outside the Ring
  • All By My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me
  • National Wrestling Alliance: The Untold Story of the Monopoly That Strangled Pro Wrestling
  • Heartbreak & Triumph: The Shawn Michaels Story