Start by marking “Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness” as Want to Read:
Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness

Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  20 reviews
He first burst onto the scene in the nineties, covered in gold face paint and exhibiting a one-of-a- kind flamboyant style that bewildered his foes and thrilled his fans. Inside the ring, Goldust is as tough as they come, known for using outrageous mind games and taking down his opponents with unparalleled ruthlessness. It’s no surprise, then, that wrestling is in his bloo ...more
Published December 14th 2010 by World Wrestling Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Cross Rhodes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Rhodes

Bryson McCheeseburger
A nice read about the rise and fall of Goldust in the world of wrestling. As a fan of his, I have to give the book a higher rating just for the fact that you know more and feel closer to him, but I can't give five stars as compared to other wrestlers' biographies this one is a little thin on details. Some of the story is told as if you already know the details and Dustin is just reminding you. The story is supposed to be more about his addictions and his fall, but he treats some of that as an as ...more
Mira Sun
Mein erstes englisches Wrestlingbuch. Warum wurde es gerade Goldust? Weil Goldust einer der genialsten Charaktere ist, die es jemals im Wrestling gegeben hat. Er ist der Prince of Perversion und unter dem gold schwarzen MakeUp wirkt er wie ein sehr netter Mensch.
Ein großer Teil des Buches ist Dustins Bedauern und seine Drogenerfahrung. Ich weiß das einige Leser dieses “Gejammer” nervt. Es kann schon sehr anstrengend sein, aber sein Leben ist nun einmal so verlaufen. Es tut ihm jetzt leid, außerd
Justin Sylvia
I wasn't quiet sure what to expect from the "Bizarre One" known simply as......Goldust. I was intrigued to discover that in this book, Dustin Rhodes, the grandson of a plumber, the son of the American Dream Dusty Rhodes, & brother to "Dashing" Cody Rhodes went through a lot of hills and valleys to achieve what he has achieved in his personal life. From what i could tell, it damn sure wasn't easy trying to live in the shadow of a man that america cheered and looked up to. From his early days ...more
Matt Murphy
Dec 14, 2010 Matt Murphy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people struggling with addiction
Of every wrestling book that has been released, I've looked forward to none as much as CROSS RHODES. Dustin Rhodes grew up the son of a wrestling legend, quickly became a star, and transformed into one of wrestling's greatest characters during the WWF Attitude era; I thought he would have an amazing story to tell.

I ordered the Kindle version today (release day, 12-14-2010) and read the whole thing in about three hours. It wasn't because the content was so captivating that I zipped through it--t
Jon
Starting with the negatives, the biggest flaw here is that this book reads like a rush-job, and I found myself skimming parts here and there because it was very clear where the story was going and there wasn't much purpose in reading closely. There isn't a lot of content; the print is double-spaced and about 16 point font, and every 5th page is a photo, and the thing still clocks in at only about 200 pages.

Wrestling is homoerotic and homophobic, whether or not most of the industry or the fans c
Bowie V.
'Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness' is another in a long line of entertaining bios about WWE stars that reveals their triumphs and demons on their road to pro-wrestling glory. Again, it's another example of how only the strong survive in the wrestling world. Travel, injuries, and running hard take its toll on many of the wrestlers, and Dustin was no exception. THankfully, he kicked his mega-bad habit, and we still have him around.
Ashley K. Walton
When i first started this book i thought it was going to be weird and creepy but it turned out to be something way better. I've always liked Goldust plus the whole Rhodes family, so when i first red this is thought it was going to be nothing but Wrestling but it turned out to be something that made me respect Dustin so much more than i already did. He worked his ass off for what he's become and unlike some people it wasn't handed to him because of his famous father. It made me respect Dusty Rhod ...more
Al Smith
Stilted ghostwriting and barely any depth.
Cindy
This is a prime example of a wrestling biography that is tossed together in probably three days, published the day after and all with the main goal of getting wrestling fans to fork over money.

This book is filled with vague details, quick stories and a bunch of blah blah drugs, blah blah blah, can't live up to my dad's rep. Blah blah.

Overall, huge disappointment.
Joseph Lopez
Pretty good book. Really gave a inside look of the ups and downs of wrestling. He tackles his addiction to pain killers and drinking and how he came clean. Also he talks about how he had to step out of the shadows of his Dad and become Goldust and how he is helping out the younger talent today in WWE.
Guin
The style of this book was interesting. It was more like sitting down with Dustin in his living room and listening to him tell the stories of his life and career than it was like reading a memoir or autobiography. I enjoyed it, but not everyone will like the stream-of-thought way it is written.
Eric Smith
This is a very good autobiography! If you are a wrestling fan you will for sure appreciate this book! Tons of insight and information. I read this book front to back within 2 hours and could not put it down! One of the best wrestler autobiographies out there in my opinion.
Jesse
This book was awesome, he let you into his life & his struggle with addiction. If you are addicted to drugs alcohol etc. I would recommend you reading this. He expressed himself well. Really easy read.
Tim Dunn
Pretty decent book, but too short a read and not enough back stories, very vague. There needed to be a lot more to it than this. Almost like a summary of what should be his actual book.
Randy
A quick read. Not only peers into the life of a pro wrestling superstar but more importantly overcoming personal demons.
Benoit Bilodeau
Not too many insight into the world of wrestling, more a book about painkillers and vodka
Elina
Eye openning but it has no dates for anything. No timeline or concrete dates.
Barry
great information, horribly written.
Stacey
Too short; skimpy on details.
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kyle Folsom
Kyle Folsom marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
  • The Road Warriors: Danger, Death, and the Rush of Wrestling
  • Terry Funk: More Than Just Hardcore
  • Walking a Golden Mile
  • Bobby the Brain: Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All
  • Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps
  • The Hardcore Diaries
  • My Life Outside the Ring
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • Wrestlecrap: The Very Worst of Pro Wrestling
  • Heartbreak & Triumph: The Shawn Michaels Story
  • Ric Flair: To Be the Man
  • All By My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me
  • It's Good to Be the King...Sometimes
  • Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story
  • Booker T: From Prison to Promise
  • Adam Copeland on Edge
  • Sex, Lies, and Headlocks: The Real Story of Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation
  • WWE Encyclopedia - The Definitive Guide to World Wrestling Entertainment