Start by marking “Beyond Midnight” as Want to Read:
Beyond Midnight

Beyond Midnight (Beyond Midnight #1)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Two travelers seek refuge in a secluded cabin only to discover that an ancient power is waiting for them...exotic dancers give the show of their lives when their club is overrun by a swarm of the dead...the search for a missing boy leads his father into a nightmare world hiding just behind our own...Beyond Midnight is a collection of tales ranging from the heartbreaking to ...more
Published September 30th 2010 by Ozment's House of Twilight Press

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Midnight

Stan Peal
What’s most notable to me about “Beyond Midnight” is that it evokes the great anthology shows I used to love as a kid: Night Gallery, One Step Beyond and the scary side of Twilight Zone… they could always deliver a scare, but did so with a variety of moods and tones – sometimes comedy, sometimes outright horror. Scott Dixon shows the same dexterity, making me laugh with one tale, then creeping me the hell out with the next. And his fat-free, plain-spoken writing style pulls me right into the rea ...more
Mindy/fangedmom
I just found out I won this book in the Goodreads first read program! Cannot wait to read it.

I received this book today in the mail! YAY!!

Overall, this book was pretty good. The short stories had some really creepy moments. I was a little spooked by about 2 of them. The author has a great way of really telling a story in a short time. def worth reading.

As with most short stories, I was left feeling incomplete on most of the stories. I was left confused at the end and wishing for a little bit mo
Erik
Dixon has an excellent grasp of the poetics of horror. He shares a gift with Gaiman and Barker: tapping the collective unconscious and weaving new creations that I could swear I know from before. Mr. Sliver in The Run is just such a creation. And like Sturgeon, he can fill a book with ten stories written in ten different voices. I'm very impressed. I can tell you that his facility with horror is matched by his sense of humor, and Mr. Dixon is a _very_ funny man.
Robbie Brokken
Beyond Midnight is one of those books that you have to read thru.. Each story was unique and just a bit off. Surprised, shocks and depth. This is a book of stories anyone will enjoy, not just those that love to be scared.
Glenda Morgan
So scary--vivid word pictures made my hair stand on end! Leave the lights on...read in the morning...read near people you love...just don't read it alone @ night!!!
Jenae Rencher
Nov 01, 2010 Jenae Rencher is currently reading it
I just won this on good reads first reads and am excited to read this. I am still in the mood for Halloween scary stories.
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Punk Farie
Punk Farie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Alexander Petkovski
Alexander Petkovski marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Lakeshia
Lakeshia marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
Nicholas Ozment
Feb 15, 2011 Nicholas Ozment rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2011
Brandy Reed
Brandy Reed marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2010
Jodie
Jodie added it
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
Landy
Landy marked it as to-read
Marcy Strahan
Marcy Strahan marked it as to-read
Silly
Silly marked it as to-read
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Diane Vinesett
Diane Vinesett marked it as to-read
Kira4Inu Kira4Inu
Kira4Inu Kira4Inu marked it as to-read
Tiffani
Tiffani marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2010