Start by marking “Other Sides: 12 Webfiction Tales” as Want to Read:
Other Sides: 12 Webfiction Tales

Other Sides: 12 Webfiction Tales

The advent of digital publishing has seen the rise of a new breed of writers: independent, experimental and unfettered by convention. This brand new anthology features a small sampling of these very writers, in a speculative fiction collection that will capture the imagination and dazzle the senses. The storytelling genius in this collection is most evidenced by its memora ...more
Published October 14th 2010 by Ergofiction (first published October 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Other Sides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Other Sides

Lauren Smith
I received a free copy of this book through First Reads

Other Sides is the first anthology to be published by Ergofiction, an online magazine and gathering place for readers and writers of webfiction. I’d not heard of webfiction before reading this, and in a slightly daft moment I thought it might be fiction about the internet. Not that that couldn’t be interesting, but no; webfiction, says editor Jan Oda after assessing the definition scuffle that naturally develops in any genre, is fiction “wri
Frances
Oct 30, 2010 Frances rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twelve short speculative stories in a neat, well designed (and free) package. Let me say, I was a teeny bit dubious. Fear not, the Other Sides is a worthy read that went far, far above my expectations.

The book brings together a group of webfiction authors and their incredibly diverse spec fic stories. It manages to provide a broad cross-section of genres and styles and still maintains a choesive feel as a book/theme.

I found the writing inside to be incredibly sophisticated and entertaining. Th
Jessica
Oct 17, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was first asked to review Other Sides, I had to do a double take. I honestly had never heard of Webfiction before. Of course that made me all the more determined that I would read it. You know me.

Now? Now I'm a proud member of the Webfiction society. There isn't enough to say about how amazingly written these stories are, and how easy they are to become obsessed with. You meet the characters in a small installment and suddenly there is a burning need to find out more about them! Webfictio
A.M.
Oct 06, 2010 A.M. added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm biased! This collection contains one of my short stories, "Belonging".
Vicky
I read this book for a challenge where I needed to read an anthology of short stories. I don't remember how I stumbled across it, but I'm almost positive I decided to read it because it was available for free on Goodreads. But I'm so glad I did.

Other Sides is a speculative fiction collection that includes fantasy, science fiction, vampires, time travel and more. Some are clever short stories and others are prologues or excerpts of the authors' bigger webfiction stories.

I definitely picked up a f
Kelly
Oct 28, 2010 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to get my hands on this via goodreads. It's not actually a book, but a collection of short stories from a number of authors.

We've all heard of bloggers who review books, but have you ever heard of blogs in which the blogger actually writes them? Me either!

The 12 short stories I read in this book were amazing! Every one of them so unique and completely different from the next.

At Ergofiction.com you can read tons of stories and participate in daily activities.

I highly recomm
Valerie
Nov 01, 2010 Valerie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, own, first-reads
I was sent this through Goodreads' First Reads program thing, which was awesome, as was the book itself! I've heard of webfiction before but don't know much about it; this collection definitely piqued my interest. The short stories were very unique, and the length of them ideal for leaving you wanting to read and know more about the characters and their tales. Each piece was set in a different, not-quite-normal (or insanely abnormal) world, and it was really refreshing to be able to dive into th ...more
Bex Aaron
A good sampling of the world of spec fic in webfiction. Spec fic is not my usual genre of choice, but these are compelling short stories, and a great example of the talented independent authors out there today.
MeiLin Miranda
Oct 07, 2010 MeiLin Miranda rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-writing
I'm in this along with 14 other writers of some of the best web serials around. Some of the stories are stand-alone (like mine); others are part of their serials (like Bercegeay and Cotrill's "The Peacock King"), all are worth reading.
Nancy Brauer
Oct 07, 2010 Nancy Brauer added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Full disclosure: I contributed the short story "Sixth of November" to this anthology. I'm fortunate to be in such august company!
Dumitru
Oct 28, 2010 Dumitru rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've really liked this one. Winning it on a giveaway was a treat, but reading it... I can sure say it was a real delight. It's been some time since I read something as refreshing as this. The stories go away from reality, everything is balanced and well described. I've just changed my opinion about thrillers.

Their book itself is just a compilation of short stories written by experimental writers... That's what I've come to understand at least from reading its description. Experimental or not, t
Gayla Drummond
Nov 02, 2010 Gayla Drummond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was invited to be a part of this anthology, and submitted a short from The Psionics, One for the Road. So of course, I'm biased and rather honored to be included among such great talent.

The other stories are top-notch tales that take the reader on an exciting ride into a wide range of worlds spun from fertile imaginations.

If not biased, I'd give it five stars. Since I am, four stars. =)
Lori
PDF version from author/editor
M. Jones
Oct 19, 2010 M. Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Extremely biased--I wrote the short story Junk Drawer for this anthology :D
Charissa Cotrill
Oct 06, 2010 Charissa Cotrill added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Added!
MCM MCM
Oct 06, 2010 MCM MCM rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gabriel Gadfly
Gabriel Gadfly rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2010
Capriox Bovidae
Capriox Bovidae rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2010
George Guba
George Guba rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2010
Christopher tm
Christopher tm rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2012
Inventrix
Inventrix rated it really liked it
May 07, 2012
Kayleigh
Kayleigh rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Elasmo
Elasmo rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2010
T.A. Noonan
T.A. Noonan rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2010
Nancy Brauer
Oct 24, 2010 Nancy Brauer rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Clare K. R.
Clare K. R. rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2011
Abuhameed hameed
Abuhameed hameed rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2010
Elena
Elena rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Colette Snow
Colette Snow rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2011
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
May 27, 2011
Goodreads Librari...: Book editions won't combine? 4 42 Oct 24, 2011 09:03AM
Goodreads Giveaway! (ends Oct 28 2010) 1 5 Oct 08, 2010 12:22AM
A.M. Harte is a London-based speculative fiction enthusiast and chocolate addict whose work includes the dark fantasy novel "Above Ground" and the zombie love collection "Hungry For You". She is excellent at missing deadlines, has long forgotten what 'free time' means, and enjoys procrastinating at http://amharte.com

Please get in touch if you would like e-review copies of any books.
More about A.M. Harte...