Start by marking “Best Android Apps” as Want to Read:
Best Android Apps

Best Android Apps

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
You can choose from thousands of apps to make your Android device do just about anything you can think of -- and probably a few things you'd never imagine. There are so many Android apps available, in fact, that it's been difficult to find the best of the bunch -- until now.

"Best Android Apps" leads you beyond the titles in Android Market's "Top Paid" and "Top Free" bins t
Published April 27th 2010 by O'Reilly Media

To ask other readers questions about Best Android Apps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Android Apps

I got an advanced e-copy of this book through netgalley (dot) com. I was excited to see which apps they picked for best apps. I have been using the Android platform since the first G1 phone was released through T-mobile. I now use a Nexus One. I go through new apps/games every couple months to see what is out there and, as I said, was curious to see how they went through the massive amount of apps. They do a pretty darn good job and the every day user should be pleased with this guide.

This is an
Ana Mardoll
Best Android Apps / 978-1-449-38255-1

My husband has had an Android phone for over a year now, and he follows the available apps pretty closely; I, on the other hand, am about to move from a Blackberry to a Android, so I was delighted to have the chance to review this book on behalf of the publisher.

I'm first delighted to announce that even though my husband predicted that he'd already have or know about all these "best" Android apps, we found quite a few even in the first chapter that he didn't
Nov 11, 2010 Garrett rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Android users
This was a fairly useful book for me (which is why I bought it rather than just skimming).

Unfortunately, with something like this, it is out-dated even before it is published. I was hoping there was a corresponding website to go with the book, but that was never mentioned.

They do have some good recommendations. I would have liked them to arrange it a bit differently instead of having basically just 2 sections (one for winners of a best apps competition and one for the ones they tried out arrange
Alexander Fontana
Double check the amount of privelges theses recommendations have.
Other than that - direct and to the point, viewed more for a smart phone than from a tablet viewpoint.
Randy added it
Sep 08, 2015
Charleno marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Sariah added it
Jan 12, 2014
Cate added it
Oct 31, 2013
Dave Sprint
Dave Sprint marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Jerald Blake
Jerald Blake marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Atih Nurlaili
Atih Nurlaili marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Ralph added it
Oct 16, 2012
Julia Pellionisz
Julia Pellionisz marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
Jon added it
Sep 30, 2011
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2011
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2011
Mark marked it as to-read
May 07, 2011
David added it
May 06, 2011
Melody Schreiber
Melody Schreiber marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2010
Economic Impact of Open Source on Small Business: A Case Study State of the Computer Book Market 2011 Unit Test Frameworks