Start by marking “Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance, #3)” as Want to Read:
Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance, #3)

Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  286 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
He won't rest until he claims his prize...

They are brash, they are brave, and when they see a chance to be a hero, they take it. They are the Men of Defiance, and they are not easily tamed...

To Leah Morgan's mind, the last thing her hometown of Defiance needs is another gunman stalking its dusty streets—especially one as sweet-talking and fine-looking as Jace Gage. Despite
Published August 1st 2011 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Leah and the Bounty Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leah and the Bounty Hunter

Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellComanche Moon by Catherine AndersonStubborn Hearts by Carol Ritten SmithUnder Starry Skies by Judy Ann DavisSing My Name by Ellen O'Connell
Historical Western Romance
39th out of 204 books — 133 voters
Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellAnnie's Song by Catherine AndersonComanche Moon by Catherine AndersonTexas Destiny by Lorraine HeathThe Texan's Wager by Jodi Thomas
Favorite Historical Western Romance Novels
177th out of 441 books — 873 voters

More lists with this book...

Keri
Jace Gage comes to Defiance to clean up the town, which is his specialty and he is very good at it. Leah knows that Defiance doesn't need another gunfighter bleeding on its crooked streets. The sheriff has just about ran all the good people of Defiance off. Leah can't leave her little town, as many people depend on her for her baking and hunting skills. Sparks fly right away between Gage and Leah. It takes along time for Gage to gain Leah's trust and for her to realize that Gage can protect her. ...more
Karen
Jan 28, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
Third book in the riveting series "Men of Defiance" by Elaine Levine

Jace, the Avenger, comes to clean up a town with a dirty sherrif & his outlaw gang. Severe mistrust of women as his first wife ambushed him and the second married at gunpoint.

Leah, has major wilderness skills, runs to the mountains when scared and a death bed promise to her mother makes her fear Jace.

Exciting adventure with with some rough & brutal consequences. Some parts run concurrently with events happening book 2
Libby
May 26, 2016 Libby rated it liked it
Liked Leah and liked Jace. Liked the story. There was one spot that always make me cringe though. Near the end, Leah and Jace run into Felicity an old lover of Jace's. She has what is basically a throw away line about being an expert on spending Jace's money. It's part of a conversation where she regales Leah with the knowledge that Jace and Felicity's love affair was legendary. I knew from the book that Jace and Felicity had been in a casual relationship for three years so it shouldn't come as ...more
TJ
4.5/5.0

If one loves John Wayne, shoot-em-up, steal the girl type Westerns, this one can't be beat!

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, online at: http://affairedecoeur.com/ - or hard copy, August 2011 issue.
Tina
Nov 20, 2011 Tina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All
It’s 1868 and Jace Gage, a bounty hunter, has come back to the town of Defiance. He’s back to clean up the town, a place he doesn’t like much, but he’s determined to do his job and do it right. The first time he spots Leah, she’s defending a young boy. Leah thinks Jace is a gunfighter and tries to stay out of his way. But Jace’s real job as a bounty hunter is to clean up corrupt towns like Defiance. Jace really has his work cut out for him this time and Leah is a distraction he doesn’t need. Des ...more
Stacey Pagan
Aug 28, 2011 Stacey Pagan rated it it was amazing
This novel, a series titled Men of Defiance, is one that will suck you in and not let go of you until the end! Although I’ve not read the other two novels, I’m totally in love with Levine! I fell in love with Leah and Jace right from the start!

Leah Morgan has led a difficult life in Defiance! She has witnessed on numerous occasions episodes of terrible acts upon her mother, leaving her scared and as skittish as a jackrabbit! The sheriff of Defiance and his group of followers are downright evil
Nora-adrienne
Aug 08, 2011 Nora-adrienne rated it really liked it
Leah and the Bounty Hunter
By Elaine Levine
Copyright August 2011
Publisher Zebra Historical Romance

To Leah Morgan's mind, the last thing her hometown of Defiance needs is another gunman stalking its dusty streets-especially one as sweet-talking and fine-looking as Jace Gage. Despite her warnings, the infuriating man seems determined to meddle in her life and risk his own, all for a town that can't be saved and a heart she locked away long ago.
Professional bounty hunter Jace Gage has cleaned up pl
Linda
Lyma S. Stalans
Oct 29, 2015 Lyma S. Stalans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looking back in time when there was such strong hero's to warm your heart with all the passion possible.

Young, beautiful Leah needed the truth in her life and healing that would enable her to open her heart fully to accept the love and passion offered by the famous " Avenger" Riding into her life taking over her heart, and life completely.
Jultri
3.5/5. Not bad but many of the actions of the characters did not quite make sense ( the justifications behind these were rather flimsy). Heroine fluctuated between tough, bad-ass,self-sufficient gal to over-emotional girlie in need of rescuing. These inconsistencies and poorly thought out motives did detract from the story.
Becky
Mar 05, 2015 Becky rated it liked it
Being a fan of historical books especially about Cowboys! This was an ok book, for me. The story line was good but at times it was hard to get into...sometimes the story just went right into the next issue and left you feeling rushed on the story. I felt a connection to the characters, and the story with them left you rooting for them. I still recommend this book and would read another from Elaine Levine.
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 13, 2014 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it
Typical western romance with hero chasing and shooting bad guys, five at a time, no problem. I liked how the heroine could survive on her own in the wild but both hero and heroine had overlong stubborn anti-relationship period. Gunslinger Jace comes to Leah's town to get rid of corrupt sheriff and his gang.
Alexia Chantel
Oct 22, 2011 Alexia Chantel rated it liked it
Classic western romance; gunfights, hidden gold, hired gunslinger, independent western woman.

Leah lives alone, well as alone as one can be with a large wolf as a constant companion. Self sufficient until Jace shows up in Defiance, he seems to be a catalyst and causes events that end her independence and threaten her life. Jace looks at Leah and despite his grim outlook on life he sees a chance to be happy. He is there for her when she needs help most.

A nice quick read, if you are in the mood fo
CJ -Doctor can you help me, 'cause somethin' don't feel right
I had been super excited to read this but this is a bit slow. It begins about halfway through Audrey's story so not only are we left hanging about Jace's condition until about 67% into the story.

It wasn't bad but it could have been so much better. I didn't need the beginning of their relationship but how it was at the end of the previous book.

Also I felt like Leah and Gage weren't as fleshed out as they could've been.

Not bad but unfortunately not my favorite (as I hoped it would).
Deidre
Oct 27, 2011 Deidre rated it liked it
I really would have liked to give this a 3.5 star rating because overall I did like the story but it just didn't flow smothly for me. At an emotional level it seemed the H/H were often at odds & acting out of character.

This is the first book by this author that I have read so I will try another before I decide if her books are for me. "I think I'm getting Nit-Picky in my old age"
Patricia Davis
Apr 20, 2013 Patricia Davis rated it it was amazing
You want a sexy gunslinger, well now, you got em. Leah and the Bounty Hunder was brilliant. The story delivered topics pertaining to womens issues of abuse and how men had power and ruled with a fist or a gun to evolve into a very endearing, heartwrenching tale of redemption and love. My star rating is a 5 stars all the way.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
He is a fast draw, good at what he does, has experienced betrayal and is finally able to envision a future with peace when he lays eyes on Leah

Read more http://www.nocturnereads.com/Leah-and...
Jess McDermott
Nov 16, 2015 Jess McDermott rated it it was amazing
The hits kept rolling with this one. There were so many twists, I was constantly surprised, and pleasantly so. Loved Jace and Leah, and boy did both of them need each other.
Greta Branas
Aug 26, 2013 Greta Branas rated it it was amazing
loved this book!! the 3 book is full of suspense. I highly recommend this book!!
Rihaneh
Mar 30, 2015 Rihaneh rated it it was amazing
Jace Gage and Logan are my favorite heroes
Marianne
A bit anti-climactic but still a decent read.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 15, 2014 Glenda Bettin rated it it was amazing
wow they just get better every book
Susinok
Aug 02, 2011 Susinok rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great trilogy! I loved Leah and Jase.
Sharon
Mar 22, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Love this series and this author.
Steffi
May 07, 2013 Steffi rated it really liked it
Series review coming soon...
Avi
Avi marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Sania
Sania marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Cait
Cait marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)
  • Give Me a Texas Outlaw
  • One Real Man
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
  • Lawless (Untamed, #2)
  • Fall from Grace
  • The Stranger
  • Rafe's Redemption
  • Reese (Rock Creek Six, #1)
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • The Devil's Daughter
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
"Elaine Levine is a wonderfully fresh and original voice in western romance.
RACHEL AND THE HIRED GUN is full of fast-paced action and powerful emotions. I loved it!"
-- Joan Johnston, New York Times bestselling author of A STRANGER'S GAME

"A pair of appealing, well-matched protagonists (with a bit of a history), a slimy villain, well-drawn secondary characters, and plenty of action make this rough
More about Elaine Levine...

Men of Defiance (5 books)
  • Rachel and the Hired Gun (Men of Defiance, #1)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • Logan's Outlaw (Men of Defiance, #4)
  • Agnes and the Renegade (Men of Defiance, #5)