Start by marking “A Race Against Time (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Race Against Time (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #2)

A Race Against Time (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective #2)

If I'm in the game, I play to win. So as captain of my team in the River Heights Biking for Bucks charity road race, my goals are to bring my team over the finish line first -- and to catch a thief along the way!
See, all of the money we raised before the race has been stolen -- and I know I can find it. With two days, practically no clues, and a bike race to win, I've go
Published March 1st 2004 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about A Race Against Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Race Against Time

بجماليون by توفيق الحكيمالحجاج  بن يوسف الثقفي طاغية بني أمية by منصور عبد الحكيمأهل الكهف by توفيق الحكيمحوار مع صديقي الملحد by مصطفى محمودالإسكندر الأكبر by مصطفى محمود
the best
19th out of 59 books — 25 voters
Model Undercover by Carina AxelssonCurse of the Arctic Star by Carolyn KeenePartners in Crime by Kim HarringtonRide a Dark Horse by Lynn HallThe Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Teen Detective Mysteries
26th out of 57 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Viviana Almendra Rehbein
Al fin leo algo de la famosa Nancy Drew, aunque esta autora no sea la original de los años 30. Ahora entiendo por qué es un icono y ha durante años, con diversos autores y epocas que en realidad ya me esta dando ganas de buscar las obras originales aunque sea obvio que no sera facil. Solo piensenlo, una mujer de los añod 30 resolviendo casos: sublime!!
Ruby
Aug 30, 2009 Ruby rated it liked it
The new Nancy Drew books have our favorite heroine in the midst of the Open Heart Fundraiser Race when strange things start happening. First, Ned's car ends up in a ditch, and his bike is cut. Then the Open Heart money is stolen under the police's nose. Strangest of all, is a man in red shorts who no one has seen before, and he was the closest to the money when it disappeared. Can Nancy find the clues? Read along and you can too!
Abbey
Jul 23, 2009 Abbey rated it really liked it
This was a cool mystery book, and I thought I should rate it 4 stars.
Mitchell Appleton
Dec 18, 2012 Mitchell Appleton rated it really liked it
A Race Against Time
Summary: Nancy Drew, an amateur detective in her town, is signed up for a race for charity with her friends. Just before the race starts, the money is stolen and no one knows who took it. Nancy decides it is her responsibility to solve the case, so she drops out of the race to pursue the thief. As she is trying to find the money before the race is over, her friends are trying to win it!
Commentary: The best part of the novel to me was when Nancy hides in a shed to escape from a
Maddie D
Apr 11, 2013 Maddie D rated it really liked it
I recently finished A Race Against Time by Carolyn Keene. This book is about Nancy Drew who is competing in a bike race with 3 of her friends to raise money for a charity. There has been thousands of dollars raised, but when Nancy finds out it has been stolen, she drops the race and solves the case. This book was very good because I loved how the author put so much description into the book when Nancy was trying to solve the case. For example: "I wasn't in the shed alone. Sssssssssss. I was ...more
Crestial Wintersmith
Jun 03, 2015 Crestial Wintersmith rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: juvenile reader
Recommended to Crestial by: Me my own
This is my very first Nancy Drew reading. The plots are so simple and there's hardly even a mystery at all. Nancy are self righteous and full of shit. Basically the whole 70% of the books were about the fundraising and who-sabotaged-our-equipment-drama then the last 30% were the challenges and it isn't a good one either. I mean, Snake?! Really bitch? You can create a self entitled badass heroine but yuck at a few snakes? You can make the villain more intimidating but you foolishly put him to ...more
Laura of Lurking
Jan 16, 2014 Laura of Lurking rated it liked it
In my last review of this series I was disappointed with the stereotypes shown in the main characters, and the way the writing spoke down to the reader (I may be older than the intended audience, but I think even they would have been insulted at times). I am pleased to say that is this book these problems are still present but to a far lesser degree. I was pleased to see a more robust plot with clues that could be added together to get the answer, if a bit too early in the novel.

Overall a good
Deanna
Oct 28, 2012 Deanna rated it did not like it
This is a new take on Nancy Drew written in the first person. The problem I have with this series is that the facts about Nancy, Ned, George, and Bess are not accurate with the original series of Nancy Drew and Nancy Drew files. The ages, descriptions, etc. are so different that I cannot stand this book series.
Eric Wood
Apr 26, 2015 Eric Wood rated it liked it
This book was good. Could have been more suspenseful and less slow,however. We never get to know if the crook will be caught when Nancy returns the stolen money to the bank and what motive he had. There are some other issues i had with this book, but overall it was good and deserves 3 stars.
Aurore
Not the best story of young detective I've ever read so far, though I still find it worth reading. The story is simple and not too challenging or breathtaking, it's about truth-loving and desire to solve problems around us, in our daily life. I love its simplicity.
Ami
Feb 13, 2011 Ami rated it it was ok
I had a hard time with this book. Nancy was almost self righteous. It actually got a little annoying. This story was predictable. Nancy was in danger and hiding from the bad guy then she escapes and saves the day.
Stephanie
Jan 10, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, children, crime
Actually one of the more interesting plots I've come across in this series of Nancy Drew books. I enjoyed reading it all the way -I actually couldn't put it down and stayed up way later than I should have just to finish it and find out how Nancy solves it and brings the perpetrator to justice.
Jerry
Nov 25, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

Just what I've come to expect from this franchise...which, in this case, isn't a bad thing.

Score: 4/5
Julie_ian_curtis
This fails in title as there is the exact same title in the original series wtf?? Should be called bike race stuff
Annanya Pandey
May 19, 2013 Annanya Pandey rated it really liked it
The author has brought up a new character who has been shown against Nancy since they were in school along with Nancy's boyfriend who plays a major role in this book.
Jessica
Nov 12, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nancy-drew
this book was my very first nancy drew book and it was so good that I read other nancy drew book. if this book hadn't been good i don't think i would have continued reading nancy books
Julie
Jul 23, 2015 Julie added it
Always loved Nancy Drew as a young girl and this series is equally fun and easy to red. TSCPL bingo box - checked. #checkitout
Prashansa
Mar 31, 2011 Prashansa rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
Smashing! Nancy is really brave to find the stolen money as well as the theif. 3 cheers for her and 3 rotten eggs for Deirdre for wishing to win by cheating.
Komal Patel
Komal Patel rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Parwati Singari
Parwati Singari rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Ellie
Ellie rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
Monique
Monique rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2009
Erin Jenson
Erin Jenson rated it liked it
May 30, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Alsie
Alsie rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2010
Tanya
Tanya rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Jack-e
Jack-e rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Danae
Danae rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2013
Alice Lovett
Alice Lovett rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Anastasia
Anastasia rated it liked it
May 21, 2013
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Thrill Ride (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #4)
  • Ghost Light on Graveyard Shoal (American Girl History Mysteries, #21)
  • Mystery of the Dark Tower (American Girl History Mysteries, #6)
  • Whistler in the Dark (American Girl History Mysteries, #16)
  • Danger at the Wild West Show (American Girl History Mysteries, #19)
  • Enemy in the Fort (American Girl History Mysteries, #13)
  • Voices at Whisper Bend (American Girl History Mysteries, #4)
  • Nancy Drew: A Novelization of the Hit Movie

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Without a Trace (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #1)
  • False Notes (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #3)
  • High Risk (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #4)
  • Lights, Camera... (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #5)
  • Action! (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #6)
  • The Stolen Relic (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #7)
  • The Scarlet Macaw Scandal (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #8)
  • Secret of the Spa (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #9)
  • Uncivil Acts (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #10)
  • Riverboat Ruse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #11)