Start by marking “You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen Series, #2)

You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  416 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Everything is on the line for aspiring editorial diva Dancy Ames when she's fired by her publisher. Could this be the time to risk it all on her writing career--and maybe even love?Dancy Ames has an enemy: Jack Quinn. The man who swoops in, steals her dream job at Lane Publishing, and fires her, saying she just doesn't have what it takes to be an editor. Now that she's une ...more
Published February 13th 2008 by FaithWords (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about You Had Me at Good-bye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Had Me at Good-bye

I absolutely ADORED this book!! I fell in love with all of the characters and actually got teary-eyed at the end of the book because I was so happy for Dancy. With the constant reference back to Proverbs 3:5&6 made what I was going through while reading this book all the more easier to get through. A GREAT read! I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good clean read with a fairytale ending.
Kat
I started reading this book not realizing it was #2 in the series, but nonetheless, it was a good read!
Books by Bateman are perfect to read when you are sick. Light and fluffy.
Lindsey
Did you see that I gave this book five hearts? I loved it! Seriously, I didn't even know I could enjoy chick lit this much. Usually I start getting bored toward the middle or end, but this was totally different - I think I'm sold on Tracey Bateman's chick lit!

You Had Me At Goodbye is the second book in the wonderful Drama Queen series, which features three roommates and best friends, Tabby (an actress), Laini (an aspiring interior designer), and Dancy (a writer/editor). I enjoyed the first book
Delia
Dancy Ames is a spoiled little New York rich girl with her future all laid out bright and shiny before her. She has good friends and a job she loves, which provides a nice little salary in addition to her wealthy Daddy’s credit card, which she uses to purchase all the little “necessities” not covered by her salary. And just to brighten the picture, there’s a coveted promotion on the horizon.

But then handsome Brit Jack Quinn takes a job at Lane Publishing, and Dancy’s plans take a swift nosedive.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is the first book I read by Tracey Bateman and after reading it, I want to find her other books.

This is a trilogy and this particular book is the 2nd one. It is about 3 friends, Tabby (a soap actress), Dancy (a book editor) and Laini (a former accountant and interior designer wannabe). This book focuses on Dancy.

Dancy is an editor for a NY company, is the daughter of rich parents (that own a $14 million condo) and has a brother Kale that is a doctor. Many changes happen to Dancy including l
Heather
Apr 20, 2008 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: New York, publishing, family, trust, love, God
Dancy has grown up as a Fifth Avenue princess in NYC. Her father is a surgeon, her mother is a socialite extraordinaire and her big brother is making a name for himself as a doctor too. Dancy loves designer clothes and her job at a publishing house.

But things aren't as perfect as they might seem on the surface. Dancy's parents (who have been split for AGES) are getting back together and she isn't sure it's a good idea.PLUS they are giving the childhood home Dancy has always loved to her brother
Ane Mulligan
Bateman is one of the best at her genre. While I can quickly get tired of reading about twenty-something girls looking for love, You Had Me at Good-bye kept me turning pages. Bateman’s humor is right on the money and she adds twists worthy of the best mystery writer. Her fresh plot avoids clichés and I laughed out loud numerous times, garnering glares from my husband who was watching TV. Even if you aren’t a regular chick lit reader, you’ve got to read You Had Me at Good-bye.
Summary: Dancy Ames loves books. She is an editor for a publishing company is even working on her own novel. When Jack Quinn, her brother's best friend, sweeps in and takes her job, Dancy is at a loss for what exactly to do next. Should she work on her book, keep working for free at the little coffee shop, or just mooch off of her rich parents who are reuniting? Add a long lost half brother and a brother who is getting her dream condo, and Dancy's life is pretty much in turmoil. Will she surrend ...more
Leya
I found it very quick to read. I read in two days, actually two afternoons. The story was fast paced, it had quirky humor, the characters were likable and I absolutely loved the dialogue. It was a fun read! And going back to the genre, Christian Fiction, it didn't overpower the storyline, it did have the occasional dialogue or passage, but I found that it added to the story.

I really enjoyed Dancy's need to be involved in her half-brother's life, and her utter disappointment in her parents behavi
Tanya
A good light hearted story about a girl who is trying to figure out what to do with her career. Along the way she has to deal with parents who have odd expectations, a new teen brother and romance in an unexpected place.
Kristine Stoddard
I could not put this book down! I was so hooked! Edge of my seat entertaining. So great, I would recommend this book to anyone, but with how hooked I was I'd suggest reading during the day. I was silly and started reading it before bed and didn't finish until four in the morning :D
Anita
This contemporary novel set in New York City was a very enjoyable, easy read. Dancy Ames is a "spoiled, rich girl" from Manhatten, but not all is golden in Dancy's life. Her over bearing mother and cheating father have decided to reconcile after a fifteen year separation. Dancy is forced to go on vacation from her job as a editor for a month, and her boss just happens to be her brother's best friend and makes her heart rate increase every time he's near.
I liked how Dancy came into her own, and
Jessie Cumpson
Pretty good book. A lady is an editor loses her job. What will she do. Involves a romance also. Do not want to give to much away.
Kimberly Erskine
You Had Me at Goodbye had a really cool message that if you trust in God he'll always show you the way. Even when it feels like things are falling through, they really aren't. Those things just weren't meant to be, but by trusting in God you will find what's meant to be. I could really relate to this story and I guess that's why I loved it so much. It was religious, but not overly preachy religious. The religion was kind of hidden in, like how it is in another one of my favorite books, The Penny ...more
Abbie
Jun 17, 2008 Abbie rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: religious chick-li readers
Shelves: chick-lit
Was a light read that Jason picked out based on the front cover for me. It was alright but had a lot of religious kinda talk in it which made sense when I checked the back of the book later...writen by a really christian lady...website for faithbooks.com, etc. Not my kinda thing, but it was okay...very predictable storyline.
Olivia
This is a refreshingly clean book. There is no sex, no sleeping around, not even bad language. I didn't realized the author was a Christian author when I picked it up. She does add some bits in about the bible which (because I am also Christian) I appreciated. I found it a refreshing easy read.
Joanna
I finished reading this book this morning and this afternoon I am still thinking about it. A sign of a good book in my opinon. A cute christian book, with romance and a cute british guy, what more could you ask for. A great book for a quick read or even a book to read at the beach.
Lyndi
Lynda
I did not enjoy this book as much as the Claire series. Dancy is a rather spoiled whiny character who does improve throughout the book. Claire was more "real".
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I thought this was a very fun read. It wasn't too overdone on the religious side and I like the main characters. It was a good romance read.
Katie
Light summer reading - breezy book that's better for your brain than watching tv but obviously nothing that will change your life.
Judie
Maybe it's 2.5 stars. I think young girls would like a book about living and working in New York City and finding true love.
Spring Clark
This was a fun book. I really liked reading a chick lit style book that was clean, yet not too preachy.
Tealen
This one is a good, fun, lighthearted romance. I enjoyed it all. Can't wait until the Library gets #3.
Janet
A light read, but fun. It was written in the firt person and reminded me of a blog.
Lynda Rodriguez
good for a no brainer, it got a little corny at the end but it didn't make my head hurt
Susan
Easy read, somewhat entertaining, but the characters seemed incomplete.
Aubrey
It was alright. Kind of shallow and vague but it wasn't horrible.
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • A Girl's Best Friend (Spa Girls, #2)
  • Faking Grace
  • Norah's Ark
  • Single Sashimi
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • Escape to Morning (Team Hope #2)
  • Daring Chloe
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • Bon Appetit (French Twist #2)
  • The Book of Jane
Tracey Bateman is also published as Tracey Cross, is the Christy award-winning author of more than thirty titles and has nearly a million books in print. She lives in Missouri's Ozarks with her husband and four children.
More about Tracey Bateman...

Drama Queen (3 books)
  • Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
Love Finds You in Wildrose, North Dakota Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1) Thirsty That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3) Leave It to Claire (Claire Everett #1)