Start by marking “Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)

Running Blind (Heroes for Hire #3)

The mission trip to Mexico was supposed to be an adventure. But the thrill turns sour when Jenna Dougherty and her roommate Magdalena are kidnapped. A head injury leaves Jenna temporarily blind, with no hope of escaping or helping her friend...until Nick Jansen arrives. The ex-marine brings Jenna safely home to doctors who restore her sight--but she opens her eyes too late ...more
Published November 9th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Running Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running Blind

Sep 07, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing
Running Blind by Shirlee McCoy ISBN:978-0-373-44416-8 Third book in Heroes for Hire.

Out of all the books so far this was the most intense. Jenna Dougherty,her brother Kane's story was in Running Scared, has survived her battle with leukemia. It has been two years and so she has traveled with her friend to Mexico on a medical mission to help others. Men break into their motel room and take Magdalena and when Jenna tries to fight them, they take her as well. She is held captive in a dark place whe
Mar 07, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Heroes for Hire
Book 3

Place: Mexico - Houston, TX. - Washington

Hero: Nikolai Jansen (natural brother of Morgan Alexandria-Sharo, from book 1, "Running for Cover"). He's ex-military, retired after being injured in the line of duty. Now, he works for Kane Dougherty as a Private Investigator. His latest case was a favor to find his sister, who's disappeared while on a mission trip in Mexico.

Heroine: Jenna Dougherty (sister of Kane Dougherty - from Book 2 "Running Scared"). She's survived cancer two
Natasha  Briggs
Nov 25, 2014 Natasha Briggs rated it it was amazing
Jenna has had to face some hard times in her life, but yet she still tries to stay strong and trust in God's power. She battled leukemia and won that fight. Once she got her life back in order she went to Mexico with her friend Magdalena.They both worked in the medical field and this would be Jenna's first time accompanying her to Mexico. Jenna was having a great time till a few armed men broke into their hotel room and kidnapped them both.

When Jenna woke she was being dragged out of a hostage s
Akari Yuuya
Apr 30, 2013 Akari Yuuya rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teen and adults
No offense to anyone who might not agree with me. I am left with questions after I read this book. Yes, I was captivated by the sypnosis when I first saw it. But my demands aren't met by the first chapter. I was expecting a start with Jenna and Magadalena maneuvering their way in Mexico. I think it should start with the two of them having expectations for the trip then bam they were suddenly kidnapped. Second, I was expecting a good action scene when they discovered about John. But that didn't h ...more
Beth - ;)
This was the third book of the Heroes for Hire series. Book one was Morgan's story; she had been adopted from another country as a child and was still looking for her brother and sister. Book two had recurring characters but not Morgan and no mention of her search. However, in book three, also with recurring characters, Morgan's brother has been found but there is no mention of how or when. I found this very confusing. Morgan and Nikolai are still looking for their sister, but there does not see ...more
Oct 28, 2011 Cathy rated it it was ok
Uninspired book from the Love Inspired series.
A young woman is kidnapped along with her BFF, a doctor, in Mexico. She is rescued by an agent sent by her brother but her friend is later found dead.
Convinced that her friend is not the drug-trafficing baddie everyone now believes (including her widower and the DEA), she sets out to find the truth with the help of her rescuer.
Naturally she falls for the rescuer, survives at least 5 attempts at silencing her, helps to unmask the real culprit, yada ya
Jenna and Nikolai have both been "broken by love" and neither are ready or willing to try again. But fate, and God, have other plans for them. Jenna's brother has asked Nikolai to go to Mexico looking for his sister. Nikolai finds her bound and gagged and blinded. She's unwilling to leave with him without her friend, Magdalena. But with the kidnappers walking in on them at any moment, Nikolai is determined to rescue Jenna despite her protests. When they get back across the border, the adventurou ...more
Nov 28, 2010 Mara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
This is number 2 in the The Heroes for Hire series, I read this one first not realzing that the first book was in my shelf too! LOL So many to read!

I truly enjoyed the journey of Jenna and Nick, from Jenna's rescue in Mexico to proving her best friend Magdelana was NOT a drug runner. I have to admit that I knew who was behind her death and the attempts on Jenna long before the end of the book but I still enjoyed the journey. It is a pretty fast read and did not need to have read book 1 first. T
Mar 16, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Wow, Running Blind started fast and never slowed!! But even with all the action, there was plenty of time to get to know and love the characters, and watch their growing attraction for each other. Which, by the way, I loved Nikolai's approach to it -- stop trying to pretend it's just there and get it out in the open. :-)

I really enjoyed Shirlee's writing, and the way she handled the romance. It wasn't overdone, just the right amount mixed in with the suspense and action. I will definitely be get
Literary  Chanteuse
May 12, 2016 Literary Chanteuse rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Not having read many Steeple Hill Love Inspired books I was a bit skeptic about their suspense line however this book was very good. You are thrown right into the action on the first page first paragraph. A really good story that kept me hooked. There was a love connection between the hero and heroine as could be expected but it played a minor role and didn't not dominate the story. The christian references were kept minimal as well and were injected tastefully also.
May 11, 2014 Marsha rated it really liked it
This story was a predictable thriller/love story. However, still it was an enjoyable, light read. There is lots of action as our main character Jenna's life gets threatened several times after she survives a kidnapping in Mexico, where her good friend is killed. Who did it? Why? And will she fall in love with her protector?
Allison Kohn
Jan 06, 2014 Allison Kohn rated it it was amazing
Taking a mission trip to Mexico should have ended with a feeling of satisfaction for two young women - one a doctor and the other physical therapist - but it didn't. Even after the rescue, someone was trying to kill her. But who? that is the mystery in this fast paced suspense story of two strong people thrown together in a fight for life and truth.
Jan 21, 2016 Janet rated it it was amazing
The Running Blind by Shirlee McCoy is a LOVE Inspired suspence riveting inspirational book that was a good book:)
It is about a mission trip that took a turn for the worse that 2 best friends went over to in mexico. :(
Mary Baker
Mar 01, 2015 Mary Baker rated it liked it
“This is a good, safe, fast read which is what I needed after reading two heavier books in a row. I enjoy Shirlee McCoy's suspense series; they provide good escape and are better than what's on television. I also like to be able to read these books in an uninterrupted evening.
Jun 07, 2011 Jan rated it really liked it
It was a fast paced, quick read. Though the story line was a bit "typical", i thoroughly enjoyed it. The main character was a victim, but she refused to be a victim. She was true to herself and loyal to those she cared for most deeply.

a great summer read!
Cathy Doman
Oct 30, 2011 Cathy Doman rated it really liked it
This was a very good book, full of suspense and lots of twists and turns. I could relate to the main characters and their desire for truth and right to prevail. Also, the romantic side to the story was very sweet, not forced. All in all, a very satisfying read!
Feb 15, 2012 Jodi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
A woman from work gave this book to me to read. It's a quick read but not my type of book. Story was good but I don't think I'd pick up another Love inspired Suspense.
Charline Bonham
Aug 12, 2015 Charline Bonham rated it really liked it
Part of the 'Heroes for Hire' series. Have loved each one and want to finish the entire series.
Always one of my favorite authors.
Oct 05, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
As usual, McCoy has content and constant action. She doesn't give away the answers until the end. Believeable story which is well written.
Jul 15, 2012 Judine rated it really liked it
I like the concept of Jenna's kidnapping and Nikolai's rescue, but I thought it would have been more interesting if Jenna's blindness had lasted a bit longer in the overall plot.
Tina Crabtree
Tina Crabtree rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2014
Vicky Dierker
Vicky Dierker rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Kelly rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Talia rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
Valerie rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Randi rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Anika rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Mary Robinson
Mary Robinson rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 26, 2015 05:57PM
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • What Sarah Saw (Without A Trace #1)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Face of Danger
  • Witness on the Run
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Vanishing Act
  • The Christmas Rescue
  • Mission: Out of Control (Missions of Mercy, #2)
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)

Heroes for Hire (9 books)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)

“occurred to Jenna that she might still be in danger. Not while” 0 likes