Start by marking “Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3)

Running Blind (Heroes for Hire #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The mission trip to Mexico was supposed to be an adventure. But the thrill turns sour when Jenna Dougherty and her roommate Magdalena are kidnapped. A head injury leaves Jenna temporarily blind, with no hope of escaping or helping her friend...until Nick Jansen arrives. The ex-marine brings Jenna safely home to doctors who restore her sight--but she opens her eyes too late ...more
Published November 9th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Running Blind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running Blind

Natasha  Briggs
Jenna has had to face some hard times in her life, but yet she still tries to stay strong and trust in God's power. She battled leukemia and won that fight. Once she got her life back in order she went to Mexico with her friend Magdalena.They both worked in the medical field and this would be Jenna's first time accompanying her to Mexico. Jenna was having a great time till a few armed men broke into their hotel room and kidnapped them both.

When Jenna woke she was being dragged out of a hostage s
Michelle
Heroes for Hire
Book 3

Place: Mexico - Houston, TX. - Washington

Hero: Nikolai Jansen (natural brother of Morgan Alexandria-Sharo, from book 1, "Running for Cover"). He's ex-military, retired after being injured in the line of duty. Now, he works for Kane Dougherty as a Private Investigator. His latest case was a favor to find his sister, who's disappeared while on a mission trip in Mexico.

Heroine: Jenna Dougherty (sister of Kane Dougherty - from Book 2 "Running Scared"). She's survived cancer two
Judy
Running Blind by Shirlee McCoy ISBN:978-0-373-44416-8 Third book in Heroes for Hire.

Out of all the books so far this was the most intense. Jenna Dougherty,her brother Kane's story was in Running Scared, has survived her battle with leukemia. It has been two years and so she has traveled with her friend to Mexico on a medical mission to help others. Men break into their motel room and take Magdalena and when Jenna tries to fight them, they take her as well. She is held captive in a dark place whe
Akari Yuuya
Apr 30, 2013 Akari Yuuya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teen and adults
No offense to anyone who might not agree with me. I am left with questions after I read this book. Yes, I was captivated by the sypnosis when I first saw it. But my demands aren't met by the first chapter. I was expecting a start with Jenna and Magadalena maneuvering their way in Mexico. I think it should start with the two of them having expectations for the trip then bam they were suddenly kidnapped. Second, I was expecting a good action scene when they discovered about John. But that didn't h ...more
Mary Baker
“This is a good, safe, fast read which is what I needed after reading two heavier books in a row. I enjoy Shirlee McCoy's suspense series; they provide good escape and are better than what's on television. I also like to be able to read these books in an uninterrupted evening.
Marsha
This story was a predictable thriller/love story. However, still it was an enjoyable, light read. There is lots of action as our main character Jenna's life gets threatened several times after she survives a kidnapping in Mexico, where her good friend is killed. Who did it? Why? And will she fall in love with her protector?
Beth - ;)
This was the third book of the Heroes for Hire series. Book one was Morgan's story; she had been adopted from another country as a child and was still looking for her brother and sister. Book two had recurring characters but not Morgan and no mention of her search. However, in book three, also with recurring characters, Morgan's brother has been found but there is no mention of how or when. I found this very confusing. Morgan and Nikolai are still looking for their sister, but there does not see ...more
Cathy
Uninspired book from the Love Inspired series.
A young woman is kidnapped along with her BFF, a doctor, in Mexico. She is rescued by an agent sent by her brother but her friend is later found dead.
Convinced that her friend is not the drug-trafficing baddie everyone now believes (including her widower and the DEA), she sets out to find the truth with the help of her rescuer.
Naturally she falls for the rescuer, survives at least 5 attempts at silencing her, helps to unmask the real culprit, yada ya
Katie
Wow, Running Blind started fast and never slowed!! But even with all the action, there was plenty of time to get to know and love the characters, and watch their growing attraction for each other. Which, by the way, I loved Nikolai's approach to it -- stop trying to pretend it's just there and get it out in the open. :-)

I really enjoyed Shirlee's writing, and the way she handled the romance. It wasn't overdone, just the right amount mixed in with the suspense and action. I will definitely be get
Mara
Nov 28, 2010 Mara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: series
This is number 2 in the The Heroes for Hire series, I read this one first not realzing that the first book was in my shelf too! LOL So many to read!

I truly enjoyed the journey of Jenna and Nick, from Jenna's rescue in Mexico to proving her best friend Magdelana was NOT a drug runner. I have to admit that I knew who was behind her death and the attempts on Jenna long before the end of the book but I still enjoyed the journey. It is a pretty fast read and did not need to have read book 1 first. T
Suzanne
Jenna and Nikolai have both been "broken by love" and neither are ready or willing to try again. But fate, and God, have other plans for them. Jenna's brother has asked Nikolai to go to Mexico looking for his sister. Nikolai finds her bound and gagged and blinded. She's unwilling to leave with him without her friend, Magdalena. But with the kidnappers walking in on them at any moment, Nikolai is determined to rescue Jenna despite her protests. When they get back across the border, the adventurou ...more
Literary  Chanteuse
Not having read many Steeple Hill Love Inspired books I was a bit skeptic about their suspense line however this book was very good. You are thrown right into the action on the first page first paragraph. A really good story that kept me hooked. There was a love connection between the hero and heroine as could be expected but it played a minor role and didn't not dominate the story. The christian references were kept minimal as well and were injected tastefully also.
Allison Kohn
Taking a mission trip to Mexico should have ended with a feeling of satisfaction for two young women - one a doctor and the other physical therapist - but it didn't. Even after the rescue, someone was trying to kill her. But who? that is the mystery in this fast paced suspense story of two strong people thrown together in a fight for life and truth.
Jan
It was a fast paced, quick read. Though the story line was a bit "typical", i thoroughly enjoyed it. The main character was a victim, but she refused to be a victim. She was true to herself and loyal to those she cared for most deeply.

a great summer read!
Cathy Doman
This was a very good book, full of suspense and lots of twists and turns. I could relate to the main characters and their desire for truth and right to prevail. Also, the romantic side to the story was very sweet, not forced. All in all, a very satisfying read!
Judine
I like the concept of Jenna's kidnapping and Nikolai's rescue, but I thought it would have been more interesting if Jenna's blindness had lasted a bit longer in the overall plot.
Jodi
A woman from work gave this book to me to read. It's a quick read but not my type of book. Story was good but I don't think I'd pick up another Love inspired Suspense.
Stephanie
As usual, McCoy has content and constant action. She doesn't give away the answers until the end. Believeable story which is well written.
Sami
This was a very sad book, plus, the killer was sort- of revealed from the beginning...
Jessica
It's a great book. The suspense kept moving throughout the entire book....
Shadow
A great Inspirational Suspense short story
Jessica Vandewarker
Intersting Plot. Not that great of literature.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Heroes for Hire
Michelle
a very enjoyable read.
Bailee Thomas
Best book ever!
Wanda Campbell
Wanda Campbell marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Sharon Green
Sharon Green marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
  • Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Witness on the Run (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #246)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma #2)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2)
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #214)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1)

Heroes for Hire (9 books)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)
Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection) Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1) Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6) Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8) Navy SEAL Rescuer (Heroes for Hire, #7)