Start by marking “The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)” as Want to Read:
The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)

The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Not just an
Otherworldly...
an Unusual.

Fern is not like other girls. She has strange and vivid visions and has the ability to teleport—anywhere, anytime. Fern is an Otherworldly, a special kind of vampire that lives in the human world. What's more, Fern is one of the Unusual Eleven, a group of Otherworldlies all born on the same day with extraordinary powers, prophesied to...more
Published July 5th 2011 by HarperTeen (first published June 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Siren's Cry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Siren's Cry

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayNightshade by Andrea CremerVanish by Sophie Jordan
best "eye" on the cover
278th out of 656 books — 1,505 voters
Bloodlines by Richelle MeadForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Cool Summer Books 2011
76th out of 80 books — 221 voters

More lists with this book...

Mizuki
May 01, 2014 Mizuki marked it as to-read
Do Not Finish, although I skipped the later parts of the book and read the ending, but the ending has nothing too outstandingly redeeming about it so my patience simply ran out.

What a pity, the author's ideas about vampires are interesting, but the characters and the plots aren't exercised well (not at all!), and the girl-on-girl-hating is insufferable.
Emily
I liked Otherworldlies, but it didn't need a sequel. Also, what does it mean to "clothesline" someone? I have never heard that before in my life.
Cherrylea
Again, Jennifer Anne Kogler is a really great writer. I find that she has something many authors forget about - storytelling skills. It isn't enough to have a great plot line or some really juicy romances with sensual scenes - you have to be able to put it across well, which is what she can do.
This book is the sequel to Otherworldlies, in which Fern finds that she is a vampire, and is also one of the very special ones. In this book, Fern gets visions of another one of her kind, who is in grave d...more
Ravenous Biblioworm
Rating: 2/5

Unbeknownst to me, there is actually a book prior to this one and The Siren’s Cry is the second novel of the series. It’s no one’s fault but my own… that I didn’t check to see if it had any others before it and I relied on the book to tell if it had one before it or not because usually there’s a page that lists other books by the author or lists previous books in the series. With that all said, this book could hold its own weight as a single book. The prologue gave enough details to t...more
Pamela Kramer

reddit

'The Siren's Cry' is the sequel to 'The Otherworldlies' by Jennifer Anne Kogler, and the story carries on with a fascinating main character and an interesting take on vampires.

Fern is an Otherworldly, a human-like creature with special abilities including drinking blood -- which she doesn't do. More importantly, she is one of 11 teenagers born on the same day with special powers.

The first book goes into detail about Fern's powers and how she learns about her ado...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I found myself really into the book as soon as I started it. I adored the Otherworldly and the way it is written. I have never come across a book like this before. Fast pace, gripping, and very engaging, I am in love with this author, Ms. Kolger. The book is not at all what I was expecting. Instead it exploded in front of my face leaving me blindsided!

I loved the characters in this book. They were all unique and so fresh! I can't begin to tell you how much I really liked this book. I love that M...more
Haley
Fern is on her way to Washington D.C. as a class trip when she has a vision of a boy trapped in a cage. She suspects he might be another of the Unusual 11, like her. Ferns get stuck rooming with her enemies Lee and Blythe, as well as the 10-year-old genius, Candace. This makes it more difficult for her to teleport to the boy and help him. What is the secret plot the man holding the boy has for both Fern and the boy Mile Zapo?
The book was pretty fun. It’s just that it didn’t seem like a YA book b...more
Wondering.... Is there going to be a third book?
Kathy
I read the first book The Otherworldlies to see if it would be good for my kids to read and I got hooked. Siren's Cry was a good sequel the characters are great and it was a fast read. I was glad to see that Fern has a potential boyfriend in this one and also her 2 nemesis' Blythe and Lee were put in there place by some of the other students taking a stand against the bullying. So yeah it was a good sequel and hopefully there will be another book.
Rasma
I couldn't remember much from the first book because it was so long ago, but was able to keep track of it okay. At times I felt like I was reading a snail's thought process. It was just okay, not terrible. I am not going to look for the next book in the series I think it is too young for me anymore. I would recommend this book for middle-schoolers maybe they will understand it better, I had to read the end to force myself to read the whole book.
Amanda Masters
I actually liked this book better then the first it was more action packed and Fern seemed to face more challenges. The bad guys were creepier and the dangers worse. I really liked Candice and her unusualness....lol...I like unusual people...lol...and the food fight epic! this book was totally awesome! and I couldn't put it down I was up till 1:00 just so I could finish it!
Soumyaj
This book is the sequel to The Otherworldlies. If you have not read that book,read it first. But for those of you who have, this is a great sequel, with just as much impact (and maybe more) as the first book. The characters are amazing, full of definition and distinctive traits. The plot is thick but clear. This story is edgy, captivating, and a must-read.
Janine Moore
Tracy
This series is a great read for preteens and up. It is refreshingly innocent. Yet it has lots of suspense and action. Fern is a well developed character that the reader can connect with. Candace is annoyingly fun. I look forward to the next book in this series. (This is the 2nd book)
Jay
Loved it once again. Gotta love the different take on Vamps with the Otherworldly spin and all the different sh.. they can do as apposed to the regular vamp stories. Hope it gets even deeper into the lives of Otherworldlies as it continues
Allie
I gave this book five stars because I thought it was a perfect continuation of the first book 'Otherworldies' and I loved how jennifer kogler tied in age-old myths to modern life.
Vienna

This book is about just as entertaining as the first book. You should definetly read if you like vampires and stuff, along with super powers.
Erika
I really couldn't get into this as much as the first one. It started off very sloppy and just blah. Pretty much that is how it ended too.

~Erika
Heather
Good Book! Loved reading about sights I know in D.C. This character and author has a great series. Good for middle and high school. Clean Read.
Bethe
poohed out about halfway through this one, read enough to order it for school, a sixth grader today was excited to see it.
Reeses
Oct 30, 2011 Reeses rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Honestly can't decide if this books was better than the first....still pondering.
lilly bear ♡
Feb 08, 2011 lilly bear ♡ marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read this one. And how yummy is that cover? :)
Myranda
Wow... really phenomenal! Can't wait for the 3rd!!!!!
Ginny
I tried...but it's not going to work :(
Aryea
A definate must have and read.
Felicia
It was very interesting and magical.
Ash44442222
This book is great!
Moonlit
Moonlit marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
  • Power Of Un
  • The Runaway Dragon
  • The Girl Behind the Glass
  • Look Both Ways (Midnight Twins, #2)
  • The Eternal Sea (Everlasting, #2)
  • Breath of Angel (The Angelaeon Circle, #1)
  • Star of Stone
  • The Ugly Princess and the Wise Fool
  • The Elephant's Tale (Animal Healer, #4)
  • Beauty and the Beast: The Only One Who Didn't Run Away (Twice Upon a Time, #3)
  • My Summer of Pink & Green (Pink & Green, #2)
  • The Panther Mystery (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #66)
  • Future Imperfect (Future Imperfect, #1)
  • Middleworld (Jaguar Stones, #1)
  • Undercurrent (Siren, #2)
  • Creative Thinkering: Putting Your Imagination to Work
  • The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Radio Fifth Grade
Jennifer Anne Kogler lives in California, where she was born and raised. She graduated with a degree in English literature from Princeton University in 2003. Her first novel, RUBY TUESDAY began as her senior thesis in college. Her most recent novel, THE OTHERWORLDLIES, is a 2011 Truman Award Nominee. Jennie has two books coming out in 2011: a sequel to The Otherworldlies, THE SIREN’S CRY (due in J...more
More about Jennifer Anne Kogler...
The Otherworldlies (The Otherworldlies, #1) The Death Catchers Ruby Tuesday