Start by marking “Northern Encounter (Harlequin Blaze, #575)” as Want to Read:
Northern Encounter (Harlequin Blaze, #575)

Northern Encounter (Alaskan Heat #2)

Native guide Clint Sisnuket is one of the hottest guys in Alaska! But he's managed to keep a close watch over his battered heart...until he meets Tessa Bellingham. In the independent videographer, Clint finds the sexual soul mate he'd been dreaming of.Too bad she's got "temporary fling" written all over her.

Tessa's in town to record native culture...but she can't seem to t
Published October 19th 2010 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Northern Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Northern Encounter

Lynette
Dec 16, 2010 Lynette rated it liked it
It's been awhile since I read a Harlequin Blaze book. From what I remember about Blaze's is that they are all about sexy situations. I don't know if that has changed, but NORTHERN ENCOUNTER did not feel like what I remember a Blaze book being. In fact, if I were to pick a HQ/SIL line that I thought NORTHERN ENCOUNTER would fit in it would've been something like Harlequin American with its hometown values, community feel, and small town setting. As I began reading, it so wasn't what I was expecti ...more
Liz Mulherin
Mar 27, 2015 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing
Good series so far
Mia Adorable
Nov 12, 2010 Mia Adorable rated it liked it
Shelves: men-in-uniform
A surprisingly cool book. Not at all really romantic, especially for a HQ Blaze book, BUT I do like the strong characters.

Based in Alaska, Clint is a wilderness guide and is prepared to guide his newest client, a videographer, TS Bellingham. It turns out, Mr. Bellingham is a she. A gorgeous one at that.

Sparks fly as they meet and passion heats up as their trek the Alaskan wilderness. The challenge is that Clint is a Native and Tessa is not.

In the end, their love conquers the prejudice ...
♡Kimberly♡
Jun 17, 2016 ♡Kimberly♡ rated it it was amazing
She says "Why don't you climb in? I'd hate for you to catch a cold"

He says " Honey, with you naked in front of me , I could stand outside and not be cold"

Hahahaha I freaking love how corny it is!!!

Plus the alpha Wolf pissing on their tent is rockin lol

I loved this book!!! I got a little choked up at the end. Love doesn't see race or sex :)
Hbeebti
Sep 21, 2014 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Good story. Loved hearing about Alaska and the Natives there. Enjoy the slow progress of them falling in love . Even when they denied what they were feeling. But there was instant attraction which they did not act on right away. I need to check out if there are other books to this one.
Donna
Nov 18, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this a lot. I thought the romance was well executed and both Clint and Tessa were likeable and believable. The thread about the cultural prejudices was not over done and the secondary plot involving Merrilee et al fit in well. The ending was also very well done.
Maureen Osborne
Oct 12, 2010 Maureen Osborne rated it liked it
What a surprise. I enjoyed this book very much and look forward to reading more of the author's works. Her characters are complicated and she describes Good Riddance, Alaska with such care.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Three and a half stars really. A spicy little read but I didn't feel it stood up to some of the other Ms LaBrecque's books I've read but it wasn't bad either. Set mainly in Alaska.
Robin *loves sexy books*
I liked this but I didn't feel the chemistry between the main couple as much as I did in the first book. But it's a great little story to go along with the first.
Tricia
Jul 01, 2012 Tricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, alaska
Book two in Jennifer LaBreque's Alaska Series. Just as good as the first one. A pleasure to read!!!
Wminbc
Jan 03, 2011 Wminbc rated it it was amazing
I loved this three book series! Makes me want to see Alaska!
Jennifer Himes
Mar 04, 2013 Jennifer Himes rated it it was amazing
i loved this book couldnt put it down
Kate
Tracy Elizabeth
Dec 24, 2012 Tracy Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Could have been better
erna
erna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Amy Svitak
Amy Svitak marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Alia
Alia rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Denise
Denise added it
Jun 02, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Oswald Omoruyi
Oswald Omoruyi marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Keithandmelantha Wedemeyer
Keithandmelantha Wedemeyer rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Maya Koski
Maya Koski rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Dawn Barber
Dawn Barber marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Bekah
Bekah added it
Jan 15, 2016
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Irene Calver
Irene Calver marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Rebel
  • Taking Care of Business
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)
  • The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552)
  • Breathless Descent
  • Touch and Go
  • The Real Deal (Harlequin Blaze, #573)
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dermot (The Mighty Quinns, #19)
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Night Maneuvers
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...

Alaskan Heat (6 books)
  • Northern Exposure
  • Northern Escape (Harlequin Blaze, #581)
  • Northern Fascination