Start by marking “Life Lessons from Fathers of Faith: Inspiring True Stories about Latter-day Dads” as Want to Read:

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
What is your favorite childhood memory of your father? How has he influenced who you are today?

Rich with unforgettable recollections, engaging anecdotes, and timeless wisdom, spending time with Fathers of Faith is like sitting down with a group of friends who have remarkable tales to share about their fathers. Woven within these compelling and eloquent reflections of fath
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Life Lessons from Fathers of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Lessons from Fathers of Faith

B.
Nov 27, 2010 B. rated it it was amazing
I was drawn to this book because I was interested in reading about the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve, plus LaVell Edwards, Doug Wright, Bruce R. McConkie and many other notables. (There are at least 100 stories, maybe more.) However, after I read the stories from those people that I was familiar with, I then started reading stories from some of the other "not-so-famous" fathers, and was pleasantly surprised to find so many amazing stories. One guy would willingly endure being a Japan ...more
Stacey Starley
Jun 01, 2012 Stacey Starley rated it liked it
After reading Life Lessons from Mothers of Faith, I was a little disappointed. The previous book is written primarily by the children of each mother. A good portion of Father's is contexted phrasing regarding prominent leader fathers. I did love Mike Winder's essay and that was worth the rest of the book right there. Also I did quite enjoy Viriginia Pearce's relaying the Mountain Meadows experience she had with her father. These were truly beautiful but the Mother's book had such diversity right ...more
Michael
Nov 01, 2010 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion, non-fiction
Really enjoyed reading about LDS people and how their fathers had an affect on their lives. It gave me a great chance to think back on how my father influenced me in everything that I do. The best part is my dad is still around and I enjoy talking to him and learning from him still. I even feel lucky enough to have a father-in-law that teaches and influences my life as well.

I am sure that there are any number of people that Winder and Toyn could have asked to write down something regarding fathe
Brigitte
Feb 06, 2011 Brigitte rated it really liked it
Finished the book this morning. What a great collection of honest down to life stories about fathers and father figures. The stories were so varied and honest. There were stories you could tell that the author had to really work hard to figure out what made the person they were writing about so important to them. In those instances, I could tell that it the experience of writing about that person was a journey in itself was a healing and positive experience. There were stories written by famous ...more
Karen
Feb 08, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
Skimmed thru it because it was due back at the library. 1/3 of the people I didn't know. It seemed to be a who's who of LDS Utah Dads. I enjoyed reading about the men I knew of...
There is one poem in there that I absolutely love and plan on sharing with my father this year for Father's Day. It's by Janice Kapp Perry and is called "My Father's Faith."
Spencer F.
Apr 04, 2011 Spencer F. rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed these short 2-4 page narratives about outstanding fathers. It caused me to think of my father and his contribution to my life and is an encouragement for me to be a good influence on my children. I highly recommend this to anyone.
Rick
Feb 27, 2011 Rick rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I asked for this for my birthday and got it for Christmas some 3 weeks later. I enjoyed the diversity of experiences that are in the book.
Monta
Jul 28, 2011 Monta rated it liked it
I'm reading this one to my mom. She's loving it. I'm certainly liking it more than I expected. There are actually some pretty good stories.
Kim
May 03, 2012 Kim added it
enjoyed listening to this book on CD; fascinating to learn about how these "fathers of faith" influenced their children
Suzana
Sep 13, 2012 Suzana rated it it was amazing
Very touching, inspiring. Made me think of what lessons my own father taught me. Well worth the time to read.
Scott
Jan 31, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Lot's of varied accounts of different types of father / child relationships.
Rachel
Jan 03, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
I listened to the audio version and found each story to be inspiration and uplifting.
Amanda
Apr 26, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This book is huge but really good! I would buy it.
Beth
Sep 21, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
I wasn't able to finish this book all the way. But I rounded up, it would've been closer to 3.5. I appreciated the stories that were newly written and not taken from other sources and pieced together. There are a couple of stories that were very well written where the authors shared real life, personal experiences with their fathers or Father figure. These were some unforgettable stories.
Emma Abild
Emma Abild marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Ryan Bowlby
Ryan Bowlby rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Brook Hayes
Brook Hayes rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Shellee
Shellee marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Jenn
Jenn rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Jaron Dunford
Jaron Dunford rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
K
K marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Brycecoy
Brycecoy rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Prince
Prince marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Camala
Camala marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Olivia Felix
Olivia Felix marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Melissa Cox
Melissa Cox marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014