Start by marking “Black Butler, Volume 06” as Want to Read:
Black Butler, Volume 06

Black Butler, Volume 06 (黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji - Black Butler] #6)

4.56  ·  Rating Details ·  8,119 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
The cheer of the holidays has passed, but the Noah's Ark traveling circus has been making the rounds, bringing fun and joy to children of all ages. However, as the ringmaster's cries fade away, a disturbing trend begins to surface in the wake of the colourful entourage. Children seem to disappear whenever the circus packs up for its next destination, and there are no clues ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Yen Press (first published January 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler, Volume 06, please sign up.

Q At about episode 15, the plot diverges from the manga. There is a Book of Circus and Book of Murder Anime adaptation out though which are taken from…moreAt about episode 15, the plot diverges from the manga. There is a Book of Circus and Book of Murder Anime adaptation out though which are taken from the manga.

Otherwise everything after episode 15 in season 1 is anime original.(less)

Yvensong
I find, as I read further into the series, that I am appreciating the tiny notes and nuances more and more, even though they are difficult to read with these old eyes. They are like the fine lines in a piece of artwork. You can enjoy the work of art without studying the the parts that make up the whole, yet the elegance of those parts are worth noting.

This volume takes us out of the streets of London and into the internal life of a circus. A circus that may hold the key to several missing child
Anna
Sep 24, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, september-2016
YASSSSS Noah's Circus arc!
Miss Ryoko
Mar 30, 2011 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Okay, there really is no way to say this without sounding like a creep, so I'm just going to say it... DAMN Ciel looks sexy as HELL on the cover XD Haha, thank you Japan for making us all creepers :-p

I really liked the circus theme of this volume (and no surprise, the circus crew is a bunch of sexy bitches too). Of course, it had a good balance of seriousness and hilarity that I enjoy while reading this manga series. I can't wait to they all come out in the US and I buy them all so I can read th
Nerdish Mum
Sep 03, 2015 Nerdish Mum rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the art as usual was stunning. I think I'm going to enjoy this story arc within the series, I like the idea of the travelling circus and I look forward to finding out what exactly is going on with the missing children. Sebastian is such a great character, I wish I had a butler like him minus the whole demon thing.
Claire
Nov 27, 2015 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, manga
Sebastian and cats! Hilarious!

All I can picture is this:
Maria Kaye
Jan 19, 2015 Maria Kaye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New content that wasn't in the anime. Finally ^-^
Fatemeh
Jun 06, 2016 Fatemeh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
این داستان سیرک رو دوست دارم.
+ چه عجب شیل یه تحرکی نشون داد از خودش :|
MissAnnThrope
17 January 2013

Ciel is sent on a mission to uncover the mystery of missing children in Black Butler, Vol. 6 . The children coincidentally disappear around the same time that the traveling Noah's Ark Circus arrives in town, so Ciel and Sebastian must go undercover to solve the case.

The mystery and humor was nicely balanced in this volume. I enjoyed Ciel's humbling training a little too much. I like to see him brought down a few notches because he always has a stick up his butt.

This volume was qu
Lanie
I do so love Ciel & Sebastian. :D Ciel is such a little brat, but with some very good reasons & Sebastian is just so bad ass, but so very polite while he does it. Is it weird to think a cartoon is sexy? Cause he really really is. :) loved seeing Ciel so far out of his element. Poor little guy, don't know how to do anything for himself. & having such a hard time. & that flash back! :,( my heart hurts for him! But maybe doing some actual physical work will be good for him? Probably ...more
Yue
I have always been attracted to circuses, so a circus + Sebastian + the grim reaper definitely deserves a 5 star rating. Sebastian is so natural as a member of the circus. And poor Ciel, it was so funny to watch him forced to be independent, not knowing how to cook, perform or dress! And I was not expecting the grim reaper in the same tent as Sebastian, nice surprise!

This was a very funny volume, I was laughing out loud several times. Wow, Sebastian between a girl's legs... Lucky girl! And when
Rena
Jul 07, 2014 Rena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, manga
I take it all back. Any and every foul word I ever uttered or thought while reading this. I take every single piece of it back right now. I absolutely love the Phantomhive servants! Ciel is clever and cold, but I adore him none the less. Sebastian is... growing on me. Hard to really learn to like a demon. But back to the servants. Most FANTASTIC beings ever!!!! Even if the mysteries are not your cup of tea. Read this simply for the shock value of the true potential of the Phantomhive servants. T ...more
Kelsey Hanson
The plot of this volume is a bit more exciting than the last volume. I'm glad that it's back to Ciel and his butler solving mysteries again. It ended in an exceptionally evil cliffhanger. I found this one a bit harder to follow due to some of the drawings which feature lots of movement, but overall it seems like the series is starting pick up again.
Danielle
Jan 11, 2015 Danielle rated it really liked it
I devoured all six volumes that the library owns in four days. This ends in a cliffhanger. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW??

Fay
Mar 08, 2015 Fay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga Lovers 'Round The World
Recommended to Fay by: Lindsey D.
Manga's end way too quickly...

I loved the illustrations of all the circus characters. Mmmmm I just eat it up like, like, some kind of magical cereal. I can't wait reading more of this circus segment of the B.B. series.

* -1 star for swearing ;)
Aurora
Apr 15, 2013 Aurora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is it just me or does Ciel's dad (whose face I've been DYING to see) looks like Sebastian? Cause I honestly thought it was Sebastian when I read that page.
Alois
i loved it
Christina
Sep 04, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
I love all the characters and cant wait to read more. Fabulous.
Cindy III
It was very interesting. I really liked the situation for Ciel, in this volume.
Tasha
Jan 28, 2015 Tasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, graphic-novel
Creepy
Thara Mitha
Dec 06, 2016 Thara Mitha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want a good manga to keep you up all night, this is defiantly for you. It's filled with supernatural creatures and events to keep you up all night long. It has a great plot, characters, back stories, and arcs to keep you on the edge of your seat. The story takes place in Britain in the Victorian era and includes supernatural creatures such as demons and grim reapers. If your into the more dark and demented stories, this is defiantly your cup of tea. As the character Sebastian would say, t ...more
Alyssa Pritzl
Nov 15, 2016 Alyssa Pritzl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I watched Book of Circus and once I finished it I knew I had to pick up the manga. I loved everything about Book of Circus and this did not disappoint!
Aera
Jan 10, 2017 Aera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the circus aspect of this volume, as well as the addition of a certain reaper. Sebastian is such a show-off at times, and I love it. I'm excited to see how the ending of this plays out compared to what was in the show.
Rowena Abergas
Nov 05, 2016 Rowena Abergas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue ensues at the end of this fateful volume. The circus ark is my personal favourite, what with the fine array of new characters, the mysterious disappearance of many children at night, and a beautiful, beautiful tiger ("With such round eyes...").

The sixth volume of Black Butler is the starting point of a new ark, the Circus Arc. The events between Volume 6 through 8 have also been adapted into the third series of the Kuroshitsuji anime called "Book of Circus".

In this volume, Queen Victori
Chivitouille
Sep 07, 2014 Chivitouille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga, 2014

Este tomo empieza con el arco del circo de Noah, que por lo visto estará lleno de personajes variopintos muy interesantes.
Esta vez Ciel tiene que investigar la desaparición de niños y parece ser que el circo de Noah puede estar relacionado, puesto que por donde ha pasado los niños han ido desapareciendo, en este caso tratan de averiguar si hay alguna conexión entre los dos o es simple casualidad.
Para esto tienen la oportunidad de ver una de las funciones y es aquí donde Sebastián se verá involuc
E.S.
Dec 30, 2016 E.S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-read
Oh Ciel, u so whiny sometimes.

Sebastian, as always, continues to be a badass in everything that he does.
May 17, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: type-manga
Review posted 10/13/2011 at Owl Tell You About It.

This was a great volume. I loved the circus, though I'm not certain if that was because it was cool itself or because I just finished The Night Circus and was simply trilled with the idea of a circus. Still, this circus isn't much like Le Cirque des Rêves. But it does has it's own quirks, and there are definitely some secrets behind the first-string cast. It's definitely entertaining to see Ciel in a situation where things are not handed to him.
Karissa
Nov 26, 2015 Karissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 6th book in the Black Butler series. I absolutely loved this addition to the series (I thought it was much better than 4 and 5 were).

Children are going missing and their disappearances are linked to a traveling circus. Queen Victoria asks Ciel to look into this traveling circus and figure out what is going on.

This was an incredibly fun and entertaining volume in this series. We get some wonderful scenes with the Undertaker (who I absolutely love).

We also get some very hilarious scene
Jappreet
Dec 14, 2016 Jappreet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
ciel...............
K.
Ah, the circus. Tightrope walking, fire eaters, knife throwing, dangerous wild anim-

oh.

So Sebastian and Ciel infiltrate a circus on the Queen's orders in search of a large number of missing children. Ciel has to pass an "entrance test" to prove that he is worth taking on and Sebastian, wonder butler that is he, is all too happy to help Ciel keep his balance on the tightrope.

And then a wild reaper appears! As quite possibly the world's worst "spy". I legit snorted aloud when I saw this panel, th
dani! ❀
Since we're onto the circus arc and I have no clue what's going to happen next, I'm back to reviewing this. I can see why everyone was so disappointed that the circus arc wasn't adapted, because wow, this is amazing so far! Obligatory praise of Ciel looking gorgeous on the front cover here. And the inside cover. And, um, every panel.

The balance in this arc between humour and relaxed scenes, and drama and exposition is perfect. It's a nice change of pace from the last arc (did someone say curry?)
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 09
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 04
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15)
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.
More about Yana Toboso...

黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji - Black Butler] (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Black Butler, Volume 01
  • Black Butler, Volume 02
  • Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3)
  • Black Butler, Volume 04
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)