Start by marking “The Companion Bible ” as Want to Read:
The Companion Bible

The Companion Bible

4.84 of 5 stars 4.84  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This popular study Bible is now available in an enlarged type edition. Notes and helps by E. W. Bullinger include 198 appendixes, explanations of Hebrew words and their uses, charts, parallel passages, maps, lists of proper names, calendars, and helpful timelines.
Hardcover, Large Print, 2154 pages
Published August 12th 1999 by Kregel Publications (first published April 9th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Companion Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Companion Bible

Samantha
I read my Bible through every year :), but I especially like the Companion version. If you haven't heard of it, I think you should look into it! As always, I highly recommend reading through the Bible every year or even in a period of 6 months or less. It is well worth it and yes, somewhat challenging at times. Contains a total of 66 books- 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New Testament

Update April 2011:
I finished The Bible on April 23rd.
With the 90 day plan, I should have finished on the
Merko
KJV Bible with the best Appendix explaining the antharopolgy I have ever seen
Mom
I started my studies of the Bible in the original languages in 1998. However, even though I have studied all books of the Bible, it is a continuing process. Each time I study one of the books again, I learn new things, understand things that I did not see in a prior study and continue to grow in the Word every day. I highly recommend this Companion Bible as it reveals more truths through the comments in the side margins and the indexes in the back. If you are interested, have any question or wou ...more
Susan
Sep 11, 2007 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I have learned so much from this english version because it refers back to the original hebrew and greek texts. It clarifies the meaning of certain words and phrases. It lets you know how the same verse was written in other texts such as the Septuagint among others. It has an appendix full of information that you cannot learn simply from reading the text. I study it almost daily and have learned more from my own study than any church ever taught me.
MyVa
Jul 16, 2009 MyVa added it
Don't be fooled by the title "The Companion" Bible. This King James, authorized 1611, version, is not a commentator Bible. The side margin gives in-dept understanding of the Hebrew and Greek language structure.
This version does NOT include comments/interpretation of the author (which I dislike with a passion).
But, don't stop there...look at the definition (of the Hebrew or Greek) word for yourself in the Strong's Concordance.
Samantha
The Bible is the best book there is... and even though I've read it through many, many times, I find it can never be exhausted. I am always learning and growing through it. I especially recommend the Companion version as it contains wonderful side notes and appendices to help you understand as you read. This is especially helpful for those who are fairly new to reading the Bible.
Belinda Dickerson
Bullinger, an 1800's linguist, who helped Ginsburg with translation of the massorah footnotes which are included, that lock in the scriptures. Chapters are outlined. A great study tool for the student (novice/educated) who seeks in-depth study of the scriptures.
Jaclynn
I learned again this year the importance of reading even just a little of God’s Word everyday. It comforts me, lifts me up, is a way for me to send praises forth to the Lord, and most of all helps me understand Him better and draws me closer to my Maker.
Simona
The only reason l give only 3 stars is because the print is so tiny.
I did buy the large print btw.
You are best of reading his Bible online.
Aaron Ascencio
If someone ask me have you ever read the bible I could say yes. And that's probably all I want out of reading this book. Hail Satan.
Dan Haley
One of the most valuable study tools around! Mr Bullinger is exhaustive in his appendices and research.
Bruce R
Graet Bible!
Sue
best Bible
Jaap
Jaap added it
Jun 21, 2015
Eric Schneider
Eric Schneider marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Calos Gasbriel
Calos Gasbriel marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Godilifetwoaol.Com
Godilifetwoaol.Com marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Deidre Sowerby
Deidre Sowerby marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Tomas
Tomas marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Lisa Combs
Lisa Combs marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Adrian
Adrian marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Lynette Kennedy
Lynette Kennedy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Number in Scripture: Its Supernatural Design and Spiritual Significance Figures of Speech Used in the Bible: Explained and Illustrated The Witness of the Stars How to Enjoy the Bible The Apocalypse or "The Day of The Lord"