Start by marking “Surviving in an Angry World: Finding Your Way to Personal Peace” as Want to Read:
Surviving in an Angry World: Finding Your Way to Personal Peace

Surviving in an Angry World: Finding Your Way to Personal Peace

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The premise of this book is that learning to let go of anger—and ultimately forgiving the offender—will transform the foundation of every kind of relationship we have. Stanley defines anger as "a strong feeling of intense displeasure, hostility, or indignation as a result of a real or an imagined threat or insult, frustration, or injus ...more
Published October 5th 2010 by Howard Books (first published September 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Surviving in an Angry World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surviving in an Angry World

Chuck Claunch
I thought this was a great book. It helped me a lot in terms of dealing with the anger issues I was having. If you're a Christian and ever find yourself having a short fuse, whether it's with loved ones or a stranger in traffic, this book will help you. Stanley is very organized in his approach to the various types of anger one can feel and the various methods to deal with it. I highly recommend this book!
Strawberryblonde
Another awesome book by Dr. Stanly! He helps you identify the source of anger that either you or those you know are experiencing. He teaches you the biblical path to forgiveness from those who have hurt you.

We live in a world that is filled with angry people. We all get angry and we must learn how to control that anger and Dr. Stanly uses scripture to help us. He clearly has so much wisdom and I learn a ton whenever I read his books.

This book will guide you through the process of finding the p
Gunner McGrath
This book seems to be aimed primarily at people who don't have much experience with the Bible, as a lot of its information and advice is fairly remedial, though it does contain occasional snippets of wisdom that I'd not heard elsewhere. Not a great book, but not a waste of time either.
Jim
I realized through the reading of this book that I've really allowed anger to run fairly rampant in my life. This book was very convicting and also very eye opening and freeing.
Brendyn
This was a great book to help develop better tactics towards not being angry about everything and to approach things in a Christ like way.
Steve
In todays world evryone seems to be over stresed and uptight! Dr. Stanley provides insight and good practical ideas to find peace.
Ingrid
Great points made. Helpful advice for dealing with and letting go of anger. Explains how anger affects other aspects of your life.
Major Doug
Listened to this book: not worth the time + the narrator was bad
Valentin
A great source of information and advice.
Bill Main
Great work on forgiving!
Jason Silverthorne
Jason Silverthorne is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2015
Jarrett Clay
Jarrett Clay marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
NileReader
NileReader marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Ryan Wong
Ryan Wong is currently reading it
Dec 01, 2014
Winnie
Winnie marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Shugabooga
Shugabooga marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Jacob Micola
Jacob Micola is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2014
Mirna Herrera-colombo
Mirna Herrera-colombo marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Jennifer Seabolt
Jennifer Seabolt marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Correy Scally
Correy Scally marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource