Start by marking “Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Dead Eagles” as Want to Read:
Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Dead Eagles

Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Dead Eagles (Encyclopedia Brown #12)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  447 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Solve some more puzzling mysteries with super sleuth Encyclopedia Brown! Leroy Brown is back in the "Encyclopedia Brown "series. As Idaville's ten-year-old star detective, Encyclopedia has an uncanny knack for trivia. With his unconventional knowledge, he solves mysteries for the neighborhood kids through his own detective agency. But his dad also happens to be the chief o ...more
Published May 15th 2008 by Puffin Books (first published 1975)

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Dead Eagles

Jason
Thanks to this book, I'm going to start using the expression, "Cut the 'balloon juice'" whenever someone is spewing hot air.
Amy
We've been giving the boys some reading assignments because they're very good readers, but they won't stretch themselves if they don't have to. We assigned this book this past week for Drystan (almost 6 years old.)

We have an old copy of this book from when Seth was a kid, and I don't know if they've updated it. Drystan could read most of the words, but some of the context was dated enough that he struggled to understand it. For example, one of the stories hinged on something that had to do with
Tessa Herrmann
I could see how this book would be a lot of fun for children. The mystery's are short enough and to the point for them to understand. They are fun and entertaining! I would have around forth or fifth graders read this book!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I recommend Encyclopedia Brown. I was 8 when I first encountered this series. I loved it. It was recommended by a boy that I liked. What I liked about these books is that it taught me how to think before making wild guesses. Each book had several cases which were easy to read and follow for a child. I recommend this to any parent looking for helping their child to use logic and deductive reasoning. Great on how to look at relevant facts at a child's level.
Alex
My dad and I are re-reading these "together" from across the country. This is the second one we've read.

Once again, I find myself unable to rate these without my childhood bias. I'm giving this 3 stars for nostalgia's sake, but this one was not my favorite. All of these books had solutions that make no sense, but this one had a LOT of them.
Sharon
I've not been much of a mystery fan as an adult, but I loved this series, and read the ones in our library several times.
Kyle
Encyclopedia Brown...not as awesome as I remembered. But fun to make fun of.
Sahil (w7)
It was an excellent story book.
Mike
Read this with the kids.
Cws
Marg
Marg added it
Apr 17, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Quinan
Quinan marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Ruthann
Ruthann marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
  • The Great Brain Is Back (Great Brain #8)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • The Case of the Snowboarding Superstar (Jigsaw Jones, #29)
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch
  • Detective Stories
  • The Mystery of the Purple Pool (The Boxcar Children, #38)
  • Blaze and the Mountain Lion
  • Buffalo Bill
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery on the Deep Blue Sea (Bobbsey Twins, #11)
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...

Encyclopedia Brown (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Gets His Man (Encyclopedia Brown, #4)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Saves the Day
  • Encyclopedia Brown Tracks Them Down (Encyclopedia Brown, #8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Shows the Way (Encyclopedia Brown, #9)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #10)
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1) Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2) Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Cake! (Encyclopedia Brown, #15 1/2) Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5) Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)