Start by marking “Nietzsche, Volumes One and Two” as Want to Read:
Nietzsche, Volumes One and Two

Nietzsche, Volumes One and Two

A landmark discussion between two great thinkers, vital to an understanding of twentieth-century philosophy and intellectual history.
Published March 1st 1991 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Nietzsche, Volumes One and Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nietzsche, Volumes One and Two

سید مسعود حسینی
پایان جلد اول.
هیچ یک از کتاب های هایدگر را نتوانسته ام بار اول به خوبی بفهمم. قطعا آن بخشی را که نیاز دارم باید یک بار دیگر بخوانم.
اما بد نیست خلاصه ای بسیار موجز از محتوای کتاب به دست دهم.
۱. نام کتاب نیچه است و هایدگر می کوشد فلسفه ی او را توضیح دهد.
۲. از نظر هایدگر فلسفه ی نیچه را عمدتا باید در "اراده به سوی قدرت" جستجو کرد.
۳. پرسش فلسفه در تاریخ متافیزیک غربی این بوده است:موجود چیست؟ نیچه پاسخ می دهد:اراده به سوی قدرت. وجود چیست؟ بازگشت جاودان همان.
۴. اگر وجود موجود، اراده به سوی قدرت است، م
Adam
May 22, 2010 Adam rated it it was amazing
Unfolds his ideas such a simple fashion, makes you wonder wherein lay the difficulty in some of his other main works.

Interesting comparing it to Mindfulness [Besinnung], which was written in the middle of this Nietzsche series, for therein he expresses some seemingly divergent sentiments. The amount of anger and energy in Mindfulness he levels against deriving being as mere beingness, that is the being of existing and stable beings(?), directly at odds with how, herein, "Being" (to use DFK's sim
Adam Stein
I completely disagree with Heidegger's interpretation of Nietzsche, particularly his lack of attention to Nietzsche's social and cultural philosophy (which is essentially how I read him...Heidegger's later analysis of Nietzsche's confrontation with nihilism, which I haven't read yet, sounds much more like Nietzsche to me), but it is nonetheless a beautiful and provocative book on its own merits, especially where Heidegger discusses Nietzsche's unthinkable thought, his crucial unpublished texts, ...more
Leonard Houx
I have wanted to read this book for years. Then I did. It was pretty good.
Siavash
Mar 01, 2013 Siavash rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Almost half way thru. I've read some of Heidegger a smaller books before, and know much of his concepts from being and time. He's usually not easy to read or understand and his translations make it every harder. But this book is surprisingly better. I think its partly because its adopted from his lectures, which would make total sense. Heidegger hated writing stuff down. There was fluency in the immediacy of speech that lost itself when the mind was forced to cough up with words to explain what ...more
Äsruþr Cyneaþsson
Dec 26, 2016 Äsruþr Cyneaþsson rated it it was amazing
An excellent seminar work on Nietzsche. The focus here is upon the doctrines of 'Will to Power' and 'Eternal Recurrence'. Heidegger's analysis provides a real worth as to the relation of such to Entelecheia, Hereclitean flux and the process of Becoming. Heidegger's language is as dense as ever, yet is here presented in an illuminating form. For the student of Nietzsche, here is an invaluable insight into his core concepts.
Pascal Christeller
May 13, 2016 Pascal Christeller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: philosophy
I am so lucky that I got to read this book, what a rewarding experience. Along side the first two volumes I read the Will to Power and Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the two pieces that Heidegger focuses on in the work. The will to power as art, the will to power as the eternal recurrence. Being. Some good stuff. As a counselor, I am so glad I am reading this work and getting familiar with 'the thought of thoughts'. Now on to the next two volumes!
Tonydowler Dowler
Feb 29, 2008 Tonydowler Dowler rated it really liked it
It has been said that this is the book that gave Marin Heidegger the divine madness that characterizes his work. It's based on lecture courses that Heidegger created early in his career. This isn't my favorite Heidegger book, but it is indeed fascinating. I don't recommend this as an introductin to Heidegger's work.
Barış Özgür
Sep 21, 2015 Barış Özgür rated it really liked it
nietzsche's apology season one.
Michelle Stang
Didn't rate the book as the failing might be on my part. I was halfway through the book when I realized that I couldn't remember a single thing I had read. Just too dense for me?
Charles
Jul 13, 2009 Charles rated it really liked it
I don't really agree with Heidegger on his interpretation of Nietzsche, but it's sure a lot more pleasurable to read him writing about this than it is to try and slog through his original work.
Tony
Nov 13, 2007 Tony rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
Really breathes great new life into Nietzsche while containing a great deal of the maturation of Heidegger's though en route from a very prolonged engagement with Kant and Aristotle.
Brent Harney
Brent Harney rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2012
FREDRICK
FREDRICK rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2017
G Man
G Man rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2015
Nick Mendoza
Nick Mendoza rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2007
Hamed Babaei
Hamed Babaei rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Saeed Razmjoo
Saeed Razmjoo rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2014
Andrew Glynn
Andrew Glynn rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2010
Feelixus Xu
Feelixus Xu rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2012
Antonio
Antonio rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2010
Sigrid Quist
Sigrid Quist rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Gerhard Ens
Gerhard Ens rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Pınar Engincan
Pınar Engincan rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Minel Ağca
Minel Ağca rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Abigail
Abigail rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2014
Elham Sarikhani
Elham Sarikhani rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2013
Alexandra Biering
Alexandra Biering rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2012
Daniela Branco
Daniela Branco rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2008
Goodreads Librari...: Add German Edition of this book 3 17 Aug 05, 2016 07:52PM
  • Nietzsche: A Philosophical Biography
  • Untimely Meditations
  • Spurs: Nietzsche's Styles/Eperons: Les Styles de Nietzsche
  • Being-In-The-World: A Commentary on Heidegger's Being in Time, Division I.
  • Nietzsche and the Vicious Circle
  • Nietzsche and Philosophy (European Perspectives)
  • The Affirmation of Life: Nietzsche on Overcoming Nihilism
  • The Cambridge Companion to Nietzsche
  • The Encyclopaedia Logic: The Encyclopaedia of Philosophical Sciences 1 with the Zusatze
  • On Nietzsche
  • The Star of Redemption
  • Nietzsche's Zarathustra: Notes of the Seminar Given in 1934-1939 C.G. Jung
  • Practical Philosophy
  • Political Theology: Four Chapters on the Concept of Sovereignty
Martin Heidegger (1889–1976) was a German philosopher whose work is perhaps most readily associated with phenomenology and existentialism, although his thinking should be identified as part of such philosophical movements only with extreme care and qualification. His ideas have exerted a seminal influence on the development of contemporary European philosophy. They have also had an impact far beyo ...more
More about Martin Heidegger...