Start by marking “The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line” as Want to Read:

The Trust Edge reveals the unique characteristic of the greatest leaders and organizations of all time--Trust. Today, more than ever, people are looking for resources to develop better relationships, achieve personal satisfaction, and contribute in meaningful ways. The Trust Edge unveils the dramatic results developing trust can bring to any business, organization, or ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Summerside Press

To ask other readers questions about The Trust Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trust Edge

Mark
Nov 18, 2012 Mark rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, businessing
I brought this book after I saw that it received ~*glowing*~ reviews on amazon. But, once I actually read it. I was less than thrilled. I don't where to start. There were genuinely helpful bits of advice. But, I felt the book was really lacking in meat. It seemed like the author would just pinball from topic to topic with out giving a true rationalization for his thoughts. Also, the biblical interjections were rather unnecessary.
Paulette
Sep 14, 2016 Paulette rated it liked it
You have to dig deep into this book to pull out the good stuff...I mean, at least halfway! The relationship information is worth reading and really inspired me.
Gayle
Nov 05, 2011 Gayle rated it liked it
Horsager gives the reader a lot to think about. However, I find some of his tips for implementing the eight pillars a bit underwhelming and unrealistic to carry out. In the real world of meeting after meeting every day, many of his tips aren't practical to put into practice. Organizations must change their culture -- more than these pillars -- to allow employees to put these practices into place successfully. In fast-paced organizations, this may happen, but certainly not overnight and not by ...more
Carey Radican
Jul 23, 2013 Carey Radican rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very easy read and clearly outlines the Trust Pillars of Clarity, Compassion, Character, Competency, Commitment, Connection, Contribution, and Consistency make up the foundation of leadership.

People trust the clear and mistrust the ambiguous and put faith in those who care beyond themselves. People notice those who do what is right over what is easy and have confidence in those who stay fresh, relevant, and capable. People believe in those who stand through adversity and want to fol
JP
Jun 27, 2015 JP rated it really liked it
What I like about this book is how it reaches a deeper level than the typical business book (and to be fair, it's more about leadership and character, which extend beyond business). The Trust Edge is about leading by establishing strong relationships, and keeping them. Horsager explains ten pillars of trust and how to apply them. He also shares plenty of inspiring quotes, useful case stories, and thought provoking questions worth a few moments reflection at the end of each chapter. It would be ...more
Roman Pindela
Feb 02, 2016 Roman Pindela rated it really liked it
David Horsager writes with understanding of the topic. He talks about trust from different perspectives. He also underlines the enormous importance of trust in a life not just of a person, but of an enterprise or of a team. I appreciate his quality advices that often refer to simple examples. He often quotes famous people, which in general I hate, but David does it with elegance and moderation. Trust me - it's a good book.
Lynn
Nov 02, 2015 Lynn rated it liked it
David Horsager was a speaker at a conference I attended, so I knew the info would be good. I didn’t hear any brand new concepts, but I really liked all the reminders. Interesting that he thinks we can have a perfectly clean desk and less than 10 pending e-mails at the end of every day. If that happens for me for more than one day, you will all hear me yelling and doing cartwheels down Nicollet Avenue!
Misty Harper-anderson
There many things that I liked about this book. However, I felt that he topic-hopped too often. My interest would be peaked and then, bam!, new topic. I also felt that the last two to three chapters could have been combined into one.

All in all, I did learn something as I read it and appreciate that.
Christine J
Nov 04, 2015 Christine J rated it it was amazing
Leadership book that speaks into the basic issues of integrity and character. Extraordinary and practical insights into oft overlooked or misidentified problems in organizations that stem from the most basic issues of consistent character. Leaders of all types could benefit greatly from spending time with David Horsager's book.
Thomas Umstattd Jr.
May 31, 2012 Thomas Umstattd Jr. rated it it was amazing
This is a great book on doing business well. It applies the theme of building trust to every aspect of business life and even has some great advice on personal productivity. Lots of helpful case studies.
Shannon
Mar 09, 2014 Shannon rated it liked it
Good read - Enjoyed. This book was enjoyable, but as most books you need to be ready for it. Any book read out of a season your going through has the ability to be better or worse depending on where you are and what you personally need. All in all a good read.
Victor Panggabean
Sep 11, 2015 Victor Panggabean rated it really liked it
good book, easy to understand and very actual.. the author also discuss how trust also works in this information age..
J. Schmidt
Dec 27, 2014 J. Schmidt rated it really liked it
This is a highly readable book on that factors that build and destroy trust. Each chapter has a summary of key points at the end of the chapter. There is a good list of resources for further reading.
Jeff
Mar 07, 2013 Jeff rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jeff by: Dick Metzger
A decent read with lots of practical examples reinforcing the need for developing and maintaining trust. 8 pillars are a constructive way to build trust.
Wyatt Johnson
It's a decent book, but here's the problem... it's all common sense! If you need the help in this book, you're probably not going to listen to it.
Lela
Jun 19, 2016 Lela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I did not completely finish this book (from the library), but I appreciated what I read in that the author presented important ideas on the value of trust and honesty.
MaryKathryn
MaryKathryn rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Francisco Macias
Francisco Macias rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Jeremiah Rice
Jeremiah Rice rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
Jenny Cockrell
Jenny Cockrell rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Bruce-erin Toninato
Bruce-erin Toninato rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Lisa Jaenisch
Lisa Jaenisch rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Kedra
Kedra rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Todd Buegler
Aug 11, 2015 Todd Buegler rated it it was ok
My reaction was 'meh.' It all felt like basic, common sense stuff...not much new thinking.
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Karina Waktola
Karina Waktola rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2013
Davisotoney
Davisotoney rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
+27-710597476 Bums// Hips/// Boobs & PENIS ENLARGEMENT GARVIN HERBAL 1 1 Apr 26, 2016 03:32PM
  • The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas
  • Forecast: What Extreme Weather Can Teach Us About Economics
  • Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More
  • The Power of Ambition
  • Executive Toughness: The Mental-Training Program to Increase Your Leadership Performance
  • Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It: No Schedules, No Meetings, No Joke--the Simple Change That Can Make Your Job Terrific
  • Resonant Leadership: Renewing Yourself and Connecting with Others Through Mindfulness, Hope and Compassion
  • Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success
  • Traction
  • The Curmudgeon's Guide to Getting Ahead: Dos and Don'ts of Right Behavior, Tough Thinking, Clear Writing, and Living a Good Life
  • Hope Is Not a Strategy: The 6 Keys to Winning the Complex Sale
  • Sketching: The Basics (2nd printing)
  • The Future of Management
  • Dangerous Men and Adventurous Women: Romance Writers on the Appeal of the Romance
  • The Leadership Pipeline: How to Build the Leadership-Powered Company