Start by marking “Plenty Good Room” as Want to Read:
Plenty Good Room

Plenty Good Room

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
When child care worker Tamara Britton is asked to temporarily take 14-year-old foster child Sienna Larson into her home, she agrees--but only because it's temporary. Soon, Tamara finds the outspoken, churchgoing teenager to be almost more than she can bear. Yet, despite herself, Tamara begins to open her heart as well as her home. Now, through the bond she forms with Sienn ...more
Published October 15th 2007 by Walk Worthy Press (first published April 20th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Plenty Good Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plenty Good Room

Nancy
Oct 23, 2011 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
I enjoyed the book. I worked as a child welfare worker, so it was of interest to me. The case worker is black, and takes on a teenaged girl with an attitude, when no placement can be found for her. This act changes both of their lives. The caseworker learns to love, and to open herself up for new experiences. As the story progresses, we learn that the caseworker was once a runaway, and had gone through many of the same experiences as her foster daughter. They learn to love and trust each other.
Tracy Darity
Aug 16, 2011 Tracy Darity rated it really liked it
Plenty Good Room by Cheri Paris Edwards is a story about love, redemption, and self-discovery. Thirty-something Tamara Burton is a Social Worker living a very simplistic and boring life. That is until she answers a knock at the door late one night and agrees to do a friend/co-worker a favor. The story explores the harsh realities of children born to unstable and unfit parents; and the people who selfless deeds provide them with a safe haven. The reader gets a glimpse inside the life of a foster ...more
Wanda
Awesome story and beautiful message. My only complaint is it felt like the writer was trying to put too much in the book so some issues were unresolved by the ending and it left me with questions.
Glenda
Oct 07, 2012 Glenda rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book. As a social worker, I could really relate Tam and understand Sienna. The characters were fun and reminded me of people in my own circle. I questioned Lynette's true friendship at times and thought it interesting how Jay didn't recognize his own feelings until Mr. Perry came along. I just loved Mrs. Jackson - she was so real. The story was predictable at times, but at the end I thought I could really see a sequel to this book.
Carole McDonnell
Nov 04, 2007 Carole McDonnell rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of African-American mainstream fiction
I liked the book. It was about community, self-searching, and how things often work together for good.
Kim
Couldn't listen any longer. Back to the library.
Bernie
Bernie is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2016
Arthi
Arthi marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Renee Y
Renee Y marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Kesenia Hodges
Kesenia Hodges marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Malcaj
Malcaj marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Stush
Stush marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Natsai
Natsai marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Sheryl Boyce
Sheryl Boyce marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Marita Teague
Marita Teague rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Shawn
Shawn rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Chemere Berry
Chemere Berry marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Twala
Twala marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 21, 2015
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cheri Paris Edwards is the author of "Plenty Good Room" and the "The Other Sister." Edwards' work has been praised by Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. She is originally from the Midwest and makes her home now in North Central Texas along with her toy poodle Mocha.

Edwards has a Masters in English Composition and Rhetoric from Texas Woman's University. She is a Teaching Fellow at The University of N
More about Cheri Paris Edwards...