Start by marking “Plenty Good Room” as Want to Read:
Plenty Good Room

Plenty Good Room

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When child care worker Tamara Britton is asked to temporarily take 14-year-old foster child Sienna Larson into her home, she agrees--but only because it's temporary. Soon, Tamara finds the outspoken, churchgoing teenager to be almost more than she can bear. Yet, despite herself, Tamara begins to open her heart as well as her home. Now, through the bond she forms with Sienn ...more
Published October 15th 2007 by Walk Worthy Press (first published April 20th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Plenty Good Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plenty Good Room

Nancy
I enjoyed the book. I worked as a child welfare worker, so it was of interest to me. The case worker is black, and takes on a teenaged girl with an attitude, when no placement can be found for her. This act changes both of their lives. The caseworker learns to love, and to open herself up for new experiences. As the story progresses, we learn that the caseworker was once a runaway, and had gone through many of the same experiences as her foster daughter. They learn to love and trust each other.
Tracy Darity
Plenty Good Room by Cheri Paris Edwards is a story about love, redemption, and self-discovery. Thirty-something Tamara Burton is a Social Worker living a very simplistic and boring life. That is until she answers a knock at the door late one night and agrees to do a friend/co-worker a favor. The story explores the harsh realities of children born to unstable and unfit parents; and the people who selfless deeds provide them with a safe haven. The reader gets a glimpse inside the life of a foster ...more
Glenda

I really enjoyed this book. As a social worker, I could really relate Tam and understand Sienna. The characters were fun and reminded me of people in my own circle. I questioned Lynette's true friendship at times and thought it interesting how Jay didn't recognize his own feelings until Mr. Perry came along. I just loved Mrs. Jackson - she was so real. The story was predictable at times, but at the end I thought I could really see a sequel to this book.
Carole Mcdonnell
Nov 04, 2007 Carole Mcdonnell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of African-American mainstream fiction
I liked the book. It was about community, self-searching, and how things often work together for good.
Kim
Couldn't listen any longer. Back to the library.
Alstondl
Alstondl marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sherri
Sherri marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Ztyu
Ztyu marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Heather Chargois
Heather Chargois marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Paul Davis
Paul Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Lethea
Lethea marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Carla X
Carla X marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Bridget Msbridget
Bridget Msbridget marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Tee
Tee marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 28, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
V.
V. marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Racquel Watson
Racquel Watson marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Cheri Paris Edwards is the author of "Plenty Good Room" and the "The Other Sister." Edwards' work has been praised by Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. She is originally from the Midwest and makes her home now in North Central Texas along with her toy poodle Mocha.

Edwards has a Masters in English Composition and Rhetoric from Texas Woman's University. She is a Teaching Fellow at The University of N
More about Cheri Paris Edwards...
The Other Sister Something about April Think I'll Call it Morning Walk with Me The Heart Never Lies