Start by marking “Dreaming” as Want to Read:
Dreaming

Dreaming (Bewitching and Dreaming #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  663 ratings  ·  37 reviews
EVERY WOMAN LONGS TO FIND THE HERO SHE HAS SEEN IN HER DREAMS ...

Ever since she was a spirited hellion of a child, Letitia Olive Hornsby has been certain that Richard, the dashing and disreputable son of the Earl of Downe, is the white knight of her dreams. So certain, in fact, that Letty, now fully grown and unexpected beautiful, plans to save Richard from himself ... by
Published August 24th 2010 by BelleBooks, Inc. (first published June 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dreaming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreaming

Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
When I read this book the first time, directly after Bewitching, I found it to be a bit annoying. But recently I went back and reread Bewitching and I thought I'd revisit this book, mainly because I remembered I loved the ending so much. It definitely improved on second reading (that's never happened to me before!) and I found that I ended up enjoying the whole book way more than the first time. I still love the ending; one of the sweetest I can remember. I couldn't help be be enchanted how it e ...more
riverine
I fell totally in love with this book! I really like the author's style, the way she described and narrated the details. And the characterization! Even I myself fell in love with the hero in the story. I can also relate to the heroine's feelings towards the hero. I always love happy endings and this book just put a smile on my lips. In fact, I have read the book 3 times already:)
Holly
Eh, this wasn't horrible. I felt bad for her but it was hard not to think of her as this desperate, pathetic creature. I wish she made him work for it at the end. But it would not have been in keeping with her character if she suddenly played it aloof. Silliness aside, I found this enjoyable. (it would've been nice if Belmore's brother had been mentioned.)
Texndahlin
Funny in an innocent, innocuous fashion. Although at times, his disdain for her, and her constant attraction for disaster did get a bit old, which ruined a bit of the chemistry for me. Love scenes were a bit "normal" nothing too out of the ordinary. But all in all an enjoyable read, lighthearted and funny.
Mandi Schreiner
I thought this book was absolutely adorable. I might even have to give it 5 stars. I'm sure some will think the heroine is TOO innocent and naive. But it all worked for me. There are smugglers, pirates, a very cranky hero and a little magic. I just loved so much. I'll write a full review soon.
ChloeLeeNH
This was just too ridiculous... Unfortunately I was just ready to throw it down and not pick it up again... she was just too clutzy and innocent... and it just got annoying... I was hoping for better especially with the recommendations I got with it. I guess not my cup of tea!
Moira
Actually, my rating's closer to 3 1/2 stars, only because I read the kindle edition which had annoying typos throughout and because overall the story was tad conventional BUT I was surprised into liking Letitia. She initially comes across as being extremely 'blonde' despite her chestnut-hair. The first part of the novel is one mishap after another, a kind of slapstick muddle-up that very nearly made me categorize her as too-stupid-to-live. Yet. Yet, her genuine love for the victim of her disaste ...more
Michele
I don't know how many of you have read any of Jill Barnett's books-I have read them all and love every single one of them!! I Know you know how I feel about reading on my computer-but when I saw that this book was on sale (not sure if it still is)-even though I had read it before--I could not resist,her books-all of them are that good.

Try and picture me laughing till tears ran down my eyes while sitting and reading on my computer--that's what Jill Barnett's books do to me and Dreaming was no exc
Lynda
This was the first book I read of Ms. Barnett's. And I was totally hooked.
Linda
Devon, England, 1815: DREAMING is about a young woman who loves a man who appears to have no redeeming qualities. Letty Hornsby is a sweetheart who grew up without the motherly guidance that was necessary for privileged young ladies. When she was presented two years before, her season was a disaster. She meant well except accidents and Leticia seem to go hand in hand.

Bitterness could be Richard's middle name. All he wanted was to become a soldier though we were never told why. As a second son, h
Crystal
Our h wasn't just inept; she was a walking disaster. Ahahahahahahah! The poor H was trying to avoid her every opportunity he could. Then they were both captured by smugglers.

There's tripping, then there's…tripping over the dog, kicking the gun you were supposed to pick up, causing it to discharge, inadvertently shooting the H in the arm *and* the oil lamp behind him, which ignited some powder kegs and blew a hole in the side of the ship. Ooops. It was the smuggler with his eyebrows burned off th
Maharet
Laetitia Horrnsby.Impallidì e incurvò una spalla,quella che lei gli aveva casualmente slogato.D'istinto si toccò con la mano l'occhio destro,quello che lei gli aveva fatto nero con una palla da cricket.Contrasse un piede,ricordando il dolore provato
quando glielo aveva pestato ballando e, più di recente,ci era passata sopra con il calesse.Sentì un istintivo,urgente bisogno di porre tra sé e lei il maggior numero di chilometri possibile.No,pensò,non chilometri.Continenti.

Con il romanzo su Joy mi
Amy
Why do female protagonists always have to be clumsy? I'm not usually one to be annoyed by the literary equivalent of slapstick, but I've seen a lot of "oh she's so clumsy, it's endearing" lately and it's kind of annoying. Give me a less-than-beautiful-with-perfect-curves romance heroine who has grace and poise. I guess that's not why we read romance novels, though. Letty's clumsiness does factor into the plot quite a bit, so it's somewhat understandable in that respect.

Dreaming was humorous, an
Lindsey Pena
This is the second book by Jill Barnett that I have read and there aren't many authors that can have me feeling so many emotions. So far Jill's books have made me laugh and cry. It takes a great author to invoke emotions and I am glad I started reading Jill Barnett.
Lena Donan
Horšie štyri, ale aj tak... po 200ke sa to poráchalo, samozrejme. Dovtedy som sa smiala, bavila a užívala si grotesku, ktorú Barnettová pripravila. Skrátka a dobre, hneď by som to editorovala, keby som mala tú moc :)
Letty has been in love with Richard since the day they met....Richard does not feel the same about his catastrophe causing, ridiculously naive neighbor. Then they are kidnapped by smugglers and Richard slowly realizes the problem was him not being able to see Letty's appeal...

Oh please, the girl was a hazard to his health and absolutely mind numbingly annoying. I finished it but i gave up when the pirates who saved them from the smugglers turned out to be matchmakers.

Maybe some of this was lost
Autumn
A sequel to Bewitching, this follows the romance formula faithfully, and is a great vacation read
Brenda
This review is from: Dreaming (Kindle Edition)
In the beginning, I thought this book was really funny, and looked forward to reading it. Unfortunately, the funniness turned into slapstick humor which was not what I was looking forward to reading.

I thoroughly enjoy humor in the books that I read whether it is mystery, romance, or whatever. This one was just too over the top for me personally, so I gave up about half-way through it and read something else.
Vanessa
This was a light read, cute, funny, and sometimes intense (sexually). I liked it b/c it was a quick, cute story and I needed something to carry me away from mundane life for a moment. And it was a continuation of Enchanting, which I REALLY liked! But honestly, it wouldn't kill the people that put this stuff into ereader format to proofread on occasion. Good grief, y'all. Punctuation isn't that hard.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Did not finish.

I found the heroine too naive and too annoying. I kept on reading hoping she would gain some maturity or selfrespect.The hero was obviously so not interested in her that it was painful to read about her making herself a spectacle for him.

Then they get caught by smugglers... No I am sorry,when I read a historical romance I expect a bit of imagination but this was ridicilous.
Federica
Finalmente un po' di risate

Ho letto una decina di paginette e mi viene da ridere: questo è gratificante visto il periodo che sto passando...
Proseguendo, risulta scontato che Letty,soprannominata da Richard,Disastro, ne combini di tutti i colori.
Quando riappare Joy con il marito e la zia strega,l'atmosfera diventa un po' più frizzante.
Alla fine tutto è bene quel che finisce bene!
Mor
Romanzo noiosissimo!

Non ha nulla a che fare con il primo: Joy la strega.

Il romanzo di Joy era carinissimo essendo molto fantasy e spassoso; questo è irriconoscibile sia per lo stile dell'autrice che per la trama che esula dalla serie.

Una vera delusione!
Nita Eyster
adorable
Heroine is annoying in her over the top infatuation, and ability to create trouble. The Hero's disdain for her goes on way,way, way too long. But the dialogue is snappy and the situations are new. Good, fast read.
Emily
I devoured this after reading Bewitching and while I didn't love it AS much, it was still an enjoyable read and one that goes on the keeper shelf. Knocked it down a star because, at times, I cringed on behalf of the heroine.
Katherine Lorenzo

As the continuation of "Bewitching" it's fun to watch Letitia Hornsby develop into a full character. The storyline is rather lame although it does get very humorous in places. A fun book to read at the pool.
Danette Steward
Actually, the first and last quarter of the book was good. The middle dragged. I really didn't see the "connection" or the "romance" between the h/h until the end.
Sawleha
I loved this book.It was full of humour and adventure with a touch of magic and of course a happily ever after.
❥ Azzurra
Carino, si. Con battute divertenti e personaggi interessanti. Ma molto semplice e leggero.
Per distrarsi.
Kim
Certainly not realistic but I enjoyed the characters and found the story fun and different.
Reem
wish i had known that it wasn't rated G when I had read it.
  • Red Roses Mean Love
  • One Perfect Rose (Fallen Angels #7)
  • One Forbidden Evening (Grantham, #2)
  • Lily
  • The Matchmaker (Maker, #1)
  • Midsummer Moon
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Blame It on Bath (The Truth About the Duke, #2)
  • The Wind and the Sea
  • Silent Melody (Georgian, #2)
  • What a Scoundrel Wants (Medieval, #1)
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • One Night Of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Tapestry
  • Nobody's Angel
  • A Well Favored Gentleman (Fairchild Family, # 2)
  • My Darling Caroline
FACEBOOK Jill Barnett Books
Jill Barnett was born and raised in Southern California, in the kind of idyllic coastal town the Beach Boys made famous. But as a young girl she spent plenty of summers on her grandparents’ farm in Texas.

A gap in jobs in her mid-thirties sent Jill back to college and working toward her Masters degree. “I intended to finish school and teach, perhaps write college textboo
More about Jill Barnett...
Bewitching Wicked (Medieval Trilogy, #3) Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy, #1) Wild (Medieval Trilogy, #2) Imagine

“I can’t walk away from someone I love without saying ‘I love you’ one last time. I’ve known how very
much I’ve loved you for a long time. You think I’m a child and I know nothing about the world or about
love. But I know about love. I know about loss. And I know about loneliness, and goodbyes, and about
never being able to voice those feelings again.
“Perhaps you’ve said those words, Richard, and don’t mean them. But I never have.”
0 likes