Start by marking “Dreaming” as Want to Read:

Dreaming (Bewitching and Dreaming #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  790 ratings  ·  46 reviews

Ever since she was a spirited hellion of a child, Letitia Olive Hornsby has been certain that Richard, the dashing and disreputable son of the Earl of Downe, is the white knight of her dreams. So certain, in fact, that Letty, now fully grown and unexpected beautiful, plans to save Richard from himself ... by
Published August 24th 2010 by BelleBooks, Inc. (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dreaming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreaming

Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
When I read this book the first time, directly after Bewitching, I found it to be a bit annoying. But recently I went back and reread Bewitching and I thought I'd revisit this book, mainly because I remembered I loved the ending so much. It definitely improved on second reading (that's never happened to me before!) and I found that I ended up enjoying the whole book way more than the first time. I still love the ending; one of the sweetest I can remember. I couldn't help be be enchanted how it e ...more
Monty Cupcake
Bewitching was a better book. Dreaming was humorous, but I'm mad Richard never had to win Letty. He says super hateful evil things to her & she still comes back. Not cool.
Actually, my rating's closer to 3 1/2 stars, only because I read the kindle edition which had annoying typos throughout and because overall the story was tad conventional BUT I was surprised into liking Letitia. She initially comes across as being extremely 'blonde' despite her chestnut-hair. The first part of the novel is one mishap after another, a kind of slapstick muddle-up that very nearly made me categorize her as too-stupid-to-live. Yet. Yet, her genuine love for the victim of her disaste ...more
I fell totally in love with this book! I really like the author's style, the way she described and narrated the details. And the characterization! Even I myself fell in love with the hero in the story. I can also relate to the heroine's feelings towards the hero. I always love happy endings and this book just put a smile on my lips. In fact, I have read the book 3 times already:)
Eh, this wasn't horrible. I felt bad for her but it was hard not to think of her as this desperate, pathetic creature. I wish she made him work for it at the end. But it would not have been in keeping with her character if she suddenly played it aloof. Silliness aside, I found this enjoyable. (it would've been nice if Belmore's brother had been mentioned.)
Funny in an innocent, innocuous fashion. Although at times, his disdain for her, and her constant attraction for disaster did get a bit old, which ruined a bit of the chemistry for me. Love scenes were a bit "normal" nothing too out of the ordinary. But all in all an enjoyable read, lighthearted and funny.
Mandi Schreiner
I thought this book was absolutely adorable. I might even have to give it 5 stars. I'm sure some will think the heroine is TOO innocent and naive. But it all worked for me. There are smugglers, pirates, a very cranky hero and a little magic. I just loved so much. I'll write a full review soon.
This was just too ridiculous... Unfortunately I was just ready to throw it down and not pick it up again... she was just too clutzy and innocent... and it just got annoying... I was hoping for better especially with the recommendations I got with it. I guess not my cup of tea!
I don't know how many of you have read any of Jill Barnett's books-I have read them all and love every single one of them!! I Know you know how I feel about reading on my computer-but when I saw that this book was on sale (not sure if it still is)-even though I had read it before--I could not resist,her books-all of them are that good.

Try and picture me laughing till tears ran down my eyes while sitting and reading on my computer--that's what Jill Barnett's books do to me and Dreaming was no exc
This was a light read, cute, funny, and sometimes intense (sexually). I liked it b/c it was a quick, cute story and I needed something to carry me away from mundane life for a moment. And it was a continuation of Enchanting, which I REALLY liked! But honestly, it wouldn't kill the people that put this stuff into ereader format to proofread on occasion. Good grief, y'all. Punctuation isn't that hard.
This was the first book I read of Ms. Barnett's. And I was totally hooked.
Paranormal Romance
From the first second the heroine laid eyes on the hero, she knew she loved him. Even in her naïve and innocent manor, she loved the man with every single inch of her being. Too bad she's like a curse to him. She horribly clumsy and so scatter brained that she's been the bane of his existence for years. He's done everything in his power to stay out of her reach but when they are kidnapped by smugglers after witnessing the crime, the hero is suddenly forced to be in her company. The heroine is co ...more
Devon, England, 1815: DREAMING is about a young woman who loves a man who appears to have no redeeming qualities. Letty Hornsby is a sweetheart who grew up without the motherly guidance that was necessary for privileged young ladies. When she was presented two years before, her season was a disaster. She meant well except accidents and Leticia seem to go hand in hand.

Bitterness could be Richard's middle name. All he wanted was to become a soldier though we were never told why. As a second son, h
Our h wasn't just inept; she was a walking disaster. Ahahahahahahah! The poor H was trying to avoid her every opportunity he could. Then they were both captured by smugglers.

There's tripping, then there's…tripping over the dog, kicking the gun you were supposed to pick up, causing it to discharge, inadvertently shooting the H in the arm *and* the oil lamp behind him, which ignited some powder kegs and blew a hole in the side of the ship. Ooops. It was the smuggler with his eyebrows burned off th
Kim Power
Somewhat of a disappointment

I was really looking forward to this book after Bewitched, but I found the plot more contrived, Letty is loving, but a bit wet and a bit of a stalker, and Downe behaves pretty scurrilously at times. I didn't find his conversion convincing. For me, the only times the book really picked up was in scenes involving Alex and Joy, and those about Seymour's romance, thou it is tucked in as something of an afterthought.
Can someone remind me the name of Letty's dog, please? Because I badly wanna adopt him. Hehe. Anyway, I feel so sorry about Letty's undying love towards Richard. I somehow pity her for falling inlove with such an arrogant and rude guy. I know its really disgusting to love somenone whom the love you ever wanted couldn't be returned. What maddened me more was the fact that Richard played with Letty's feelings despite her genuine love for him. I just found Richard so heartless for using Letty to le ...more
Laetitia Horrnsby.Impallidì e incurvò una spalla,quella che lei gli aveva casualmente slogato.D'istinto si toccò con la mano l'occhio destro,quello che lei gli aveva fatto nero con una palla da cricket.Contrasse un piede,ricordando il dolore provato
quando glielo aveva pestato ballando e, più di recente,ci era passata sopra con il calesse.Sentì un istintivo,urgente bisogno di porre tra sé e lei il maggior numero di chilometri possibile.No,pensò,non chilometri.Continenti.

Con il romanzo su Joy mi
T.M. Cromer
One of my all time favs!

There is something incredibly poignant and yet super sweet about this story. I've read it a good half dozen times and it still takes me on a roller coaster of emotion. Jill Barnett has a way with words. You laugh, you cry, you love. Her characters are flawed, and it makes them perfect.
Why do female protagonists always have to be clumsy? I'm not usually one to be annoyed by the literary equivalent of slapstick, but I've seen a lot of "oh she's so clumsy, it's endearing" lately and it's kind of annoying. Give me a less-than-beautiful-with-perfect-curves romance heroine who has grace and poise. I guess that's not why we read romance novels, though. Letty's clumsiness does factor into the plot quite a bit, so it's somewhat understandable in that respect.

Dreaming was humorous, an
Lindsey Pena
This is the second book by Jill Barnett that I have read and there aren't many authors that can have me feeling so many emotions. So far Jill's books have made me laugh and cry. It takes a great author to invoke emotions and I am glad I started reading Jill Barnett.
Lena Donan
Horšie štyri, ale aj tak... po 200ke sa to poráchalo, samozrejme. Dovtedy som sa smiala, bavila a užívala si grotesku, ktorú Barnettová pripravila. Skrátka a dobre, hneď by som to editorovala, keby som mala tú moc :)
Letty has been in love with Richard since the day they met....Richard does not feel the same about his catastrophe causing, ridiculously naive neighbor. Then they are kidnapped by smugglers and Richard slowly realizes the problem was him not being able to see Letty's appeal...

Oh please, the girl was a hazard to his health and absolutely mind numbingly annoying. I finished it but i gave up when the pirates who saved them from the smugglers turned out to be matchmakers.

Maybe some of this was lost
A sequel to Bewitching, this follows the romance formula faithfully, and is a great vacation read
This book is the sequel to Bewitching. Loved both books enormously. This one is hilarious, super sweet, at times very hot.
Bewitching is a paranormal, kind of fairy tale romance. This one is a 'regular' romance.
If in doubt? Don't! Just read it.
This review is from: Dreaming (Kindle Edition)
In the beginning, I thought this book was really funny, and looked forward to reading it. Unfortunately, the funniness turned into slapstick humor which was not what I was looking forward to reading.

I thoroughly enjoy humor in the books that I read whether it is mystery, romance, or whatever. This one was just too over the top for me personally, so I gave up about half-way through it and read something else.
DK Hoffman
This book is a hoot! Main character is really cute and funny.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Did not finish.

I found the heroine too naive and too annoying. I kept on reading hoping she would gain some maturity or selfrespect.The hero was obviously so not interested in her that it was painful to read about her making herself a spectacle for him.

Then they get caught by smugglers... No I am sorry,when I read a historical romance I expect a bit of imagination but this was ridicilous.
Finalmente un po' di risate

Ho letto una decina di paginette e mi viene da ridere: questo è gratificante visto il periodo che sto passando...
Proseguendo, risulta scontato che Letty,soprannominata da Richard,Disastro, ne combini di tutti i colori.
Quando riappare Joy con il marito e la zia strega,l'atmosfera diventa un po' più frizzante.
Alla fine tutto è bene quel che finisce bene!
  • Red Roses Mean Love
  • One Forbidden Evening (Grantham, #2)
  • The Matchmaker (Maker, #1)
  • Lily
  • Tiger's Eye
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • What a Scoundrel Wants (Medieval, #1)
  • Midsummer Moon
  • Once a Rake
  • Bridal Favors (Bridal Stories, #2)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Once an Angel
  • The Whisky Laird's Bed (The Rake Patrol, #2)
  • My Darling Caroline
  • The Secret Pearl
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • Angel Rogue (Fallen Angels, #4)
  • Tapestry
FACEBOOK Jill Barnett Books
Jill Barnett was born and raised in Southern California, in the kind of idyllic coastal town the Beach Boys made famous. But as a young girl she spent plenty of summers on her grandparents’ farm in Texas.

A gap in jobs in her mid-thirties sent Jill back to college and working toward her Masters degree. “I intended to finish school and teach, perhaps write college textboo
More about Jill Barnett...

Bewitching and Dreaming (2 books)
  • Bewitching

“I can’t walk away from someone I love without saying ‘I love you’ one last time. I’ve known how very
much I’ve loved you for a long time. You think I’m a child and I know nothing about the world or about
love. But I know about love. I know about loss. And I know about loneliness, and goodbyes, and about
never being able to voice those feelings again.
“Perhaps you’ve said those words, Richard, and don’t mean them. But I never have.”