Start by marking “Die Mächte des Feuers (Drachen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Die Mächte des Feuers

Markus Heitz

Die Mächte des Feuers (Drachen #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  286 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Seit jeher haben sie ihren angestammten Platz in der Fantasyliteratur -- die sagenumwobenen Drachen. Kaum ein Autor, der etwas auf sich hält, kommt ohne die mythischen Feuerspeier aus, und in den phantastischen Welten wimmelt es nur so vor Drachenreitern, Drachentötern und -bändigern. Auch in Markus Heitz` Roman spielen die schuppigen Ungeheuer die Hauptrolle, doch vor ein ...more
Paperback
Published February 2010 by Piper (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Die Mächte des Feuers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Mächte des Feuers

Elena
Jan 29, 2016 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still one of my favorite books by Markus Heitz and way better than the sequel. The worldbuilding is awesome and I love most of the characters, especially Vouivre. He's my problematic fave. I've had my problems with Silena the first time I've read this book but she has grown on me over time.
However the plot is a bit slow sometimes, tends to repeat itself eventually and there's a lot of running, fighting and things that could've been prevented if someone would've just used their brain.
But overall
MarijkeAurelia
What a beautiful end!!! Need the next one!!!
Ann
The title roughly translates as "Powers of Fire", but unfortunately there's no official English translation of the book that I'm aware of.
Markus Heitz is a rather popular German fantasy author with a clear writing style and a knack for underlying humor in his characters. He's wrote - among other things - books starring Ork soldiers as the heroes and a six novel high fantasy series about politically warring kingdoms in a magical world: "Ulldart" (which is actually also a good read, though not a b
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
Not one of his best books, but still a nice book to read. The story goes about Selena and she's the last 'heir' of St. Joris. She fights against dragons in the air and she's very good at it.

Then everything starts to change. There's a dragon who wants the ultimate power and he'll do anything to get that. Even killing his own kind, the eldest dragons in the world.

Well, you get what you expect from Heitz. A lot of action, bloody fighting, betrayal and dead people/dragons. But there's more. A soft t
Edwin Kort
May 17, 2014 Edwin Kort rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, fantasy
Was een redelijk verhaal. niet echt boeiend maar ook weer niet zo dat ik het weg wou leggen.
Marjanne Overpelt
Niet echt het niveau van de dwergenboeken, maar een lekker vakantieverhaal vond ik het wel.
Adastra
Nov 07, 2014 Adastra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: low-brow, deutsch
I didn't find it as brilliant or captivating as my last Heitz, but it's a fun read. Heitz has as always very well researched the folklore and history surrounding this story and turned it into a unique universe of dragons among us.
Kim
Dec 06, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I initially picked it up just reading the title, and knowing is was Heitz's. Normally, I'm not so into Fantasy-adaptions of history, but somehow this really worked for me.
Flo Mair
Spannend und actionreich inszeniert Heitz seine Geschichte um Drachen und Gargoyles. Gute Unterhaltung in Form einer etwas anderen Fantasy als man sie von Tolkien und Co. gewohnt ist.
Buchstabenjunkie
Wer lachen möchte, sollte dieses Buch lesen. Wer Angst vor Drachen wünscht, lest bitte dieses Buch. Wer Spannung allgemein will, ist mit diesem Buch genau richtig!
Karen
Oct 23, 2010 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicht wundern, das ist auch mal wieder Weiterbildung für die Arbeit... ;-)
Dhoulmagus
Aug 25, 2011 Dhoulmagus rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dropped
The beginning was very promising but it turns into an uninteresting story.
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
MJay
MJay rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Turicil
Turicil marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Tobias
Tobias rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Rose
Rose added it
Jul 06, 2016
paperplanes
paperplanes marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Thomas Löwe
Thomas Löwe marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Ashati
Ashati added it
Jun 25, 2016
Steffen Häuser
Steffen Häuser rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Nightfox
Nightfox rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Boekenwurm Saskia
Boekenwurm Saskia marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Ikarus
Ikarus added it
Jun 13, 2016
Tommy
Tommy added it
Jun 11, 2016
Simar
Simar rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Thomas Görlich
Thomas Görlich rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
  • Elfenlicht (Die Elfen, #3)
  • Thor (Die Asgard-Saga, #1)
  • Die Trolle (Die Trolle, #1)
  • The Alchemist in the Shadows (The Cardinal's Blades #2)
  • Legion of Thunder (Orcs: First Blood, #2)
  • Lycidas (Uralte Metropole, #1)
  • De thuiskomst: Het Rijk van de Ouderlingen
  • Die Seiten der Welt (Die Seiten der Welt, #1)
  • Die Karte der Welt (Die Karte der Welt, #1)
  • Dead Moon
Markus Heitz is a German fantasy, horror and science fiction author, most famous for his five-book Dwarves saga.
More about Markus Heitz...

Drachen (3 books)
  • Drachenkaiser (Drachen, #2)
  • Drachengift (Drachen, #3)