Start by marking “100 Bullets, Vol. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets, Vol. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow

100 Bullets, Vol. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow (100 Bullets #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  3,077 ratings  ·  48 reviews
100 bullets is created by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso.
Published July 1st 2002 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets, Vol. 4

Watchmen by Alan MooreV for Vendetta by Alan MooreThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanThe Absolute Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil GaimanThe Walking Dead, Book One by Robert Kirkman
Graphic Novels That Rocked My World
138th out of 300 books — 146 voters
The Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil GaimanFables, Vol. 1 by Bill WillinghamThe Complete Persepolis by Marjane SatrapiMaus, I by Art SpiegelmanFables, Vol. 2 by Bill Willingham
Great non-super hero Graphic Novels
72nd out of 443 books — 122 voters

More lists with this book...

Brooke
At this point, I'm wishing that I hadn't returned the first three books to the library, because I would love to go back and re-read them now that more of the story is coming together. I especially want to re-read Mr. Shepherd's scenes, since I thought he and Mr. Graves were working together before - now it's clear that their interests aren't exactly aligned, and I'm wondering how that information colors those earlier scenes. I think that this will be one of those series that is even better the s ...more
Dave
Great illustration, good tight stories (as I like 'em--Hard and Boiled!)
Erik
In this fourth volume of the Harvey and Eisner-winning series 100 Bullets, Azzarello continues many of the plot-lines that have been developing since the earlier volumes. What is becoming more apparent are the two opposing forces (or “camps”) at work in this deliciously intriguing crime noir universe. Or more specifically, Mr. Shepherd versus Agent Graves. A duality that reminds me of what I love best about Lost and, a long time ago, Twin Peaks.

While most of the story-arcs in this series contin
Kevin Mann
Best collected volume i have read of the series so far. I have read 1, 2 , 4 & the finale. I like 4 the best. The variety here really helps the writing compared to other volumes. I enjoyed the multi-parted arcs on benito, megan and dizzy. The "best of" retelling of the premise by the faux frenchman american ex-patriot didnt bother me either, (mr branch) it was a good move,and i enjoyed the one-Pages by famous guest artists. Some other reviews didnt like the baseball one-shot, but i loved it, ...more
Daniel A.
Jun 30, 2014 Daniel A. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of well-crafted comics who don't mind a long haul
So, now I begin to see what Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso are doing with 100 Bullets.

In this—100 Bullets, Vol. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow—the (obviously) fourth volume of Azzarello and Risso's award-winning crime/noir comics series 100 Bullets the threads of the story begin to come together, even as yet other threads separate and obfuscate yet further. I honestly don't have a huge amount to say on this volume—after all, it is the fourth volume of thirteen—other than that like the previous volume
Cameron
This is the first volume in the series I bought - it caught my eye at a second hand shop. After a short flick through I decided to at least read volume 1 before getting to it. I am very glad I did read the sereis in order.

Every series needs a break to pull things back together and set up the next round - so I won't begrudge the writers an off day. I reckon that if I had been buying month by month I could have got a bit bored in this period - hooray for trade paperbacks and jumping on the bandwa
Joseph
In this volume, the story of the Minutemen unfolds. We become introduced to some of the players involved with events that happened in Atlantic City; which culminates in the death of a member of the Trust.

Shepherd looks into someone that will be revived as a Minuteman; only he lacks the kind of code that was used to reactivate Cole Burns.

We see that Graves has been playing his 'game' for quite sometime in a story about an event in Dallas.

We're also introduced to Jack, a former junkie that's look
Dufour
Some absolutely GREAT stories in this volume, set off by Mr. Branch's expose on an outsider's dangerous view into the Trust, the Minutemen, and the whole shebang that's unfolding in 100 Bullets. We also meet a couple of supposed former Minutemen in heroin addict Jack and, my favorite character of the series, Wylie Times... who has a strange and not-so-chance encounter with someone you might recognize from the first volume. Also, Agent Graves' plans begin to come to fruition as we see him move ag ...more
Robert Wright
Don't know how I managed to miss these for so long.

OK, I do. I had an expensive comic habit in the past that didn't allow for adding many new titles.

Well, thanks to the public library, I have finally discovered and been converted into a fan.

Really appreciate how the originally seemingly episodic nature of the story arcs have started to come together into a larger story.

My only regret is that Azzarello was not given this much space to develop his other series, Loveless. Still, in some ways 100 Bu
Neil Pearson
This is my favourite volume of the "100 bullets" series as it has a mixture of all the things that make the comic great. We finally get a lot more information on the Trust and why Agent Graves and the minutemen exist. It also becomes clear that the people receiving the 100 bullets are pawns in a far bigger game than they realise and this is brilliantly revealed in Azzarello's take on the JFK assassination. This volume also introduces Jack and Wylie Tymes, two very distinct characters that play a ...more
Angel
The plot thickens in this volume. We learn more about The Trust, and there are still so many open questions. I definitely have to go find the next volume. Or maybe I have read back a bit. We get to see Dizzy again, and Graves is still at work. The stories in this volume were excellent, with a nice blend of poignant (the baseball player's story, for instance) and a bit of dark humor now and then. This is definitely a series I will continue, but as I said, it leaves questions open, which means I m ...more
Andy
Mar 05, 2008 Andy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: noir comics, crime comics
Shelves: comix-novel
Brian Azzarello makes 100 Bullets a crime crazy 3-ring circus. While Agent Graves talks to Cole Burns on a park bench some gang bangers are fixing to blow each other away over a drug deal gone bad, meanwhile Dizzy is running across the Mexican border with Wiley, Branch is in some run-down Parisian hotel with a gorgeous but crooked hooker, Benito is gambling in Atlantic City, the next in the bloodline to head Daddy's crime dynasty and Megan is running after him like a sexed-out harpy, and watch o ...more
Calvin Daniels
such a great series. Excellent instalment
One Flew
I love how Azzarello manages to keep the suspense and direction of the series fresh and unpredictable. The intrigue builds without hampering the story. My only minor complaint is how badly Azzarello murdered the poker scene, which was riddled so many errors that the story didn't make sense. I'm surprised that a editor didn't fact check those scenes because they were, to anyone who knows anything about poker, just awful.
Scott
Love the author's other works and I've heard great things about this series, but honestly, starting out with volume 4 left me feeling very confused. Some series are easy to pick up midstream, like any of the Punisher Max volumes for instance. This one, not so much. I may regrade it later after trying from volume one, but for now, 3 stars, because this one left me somewhat uninterested in more.
Brian Longtin
True noir -- where bad people meet bad ends, no matter what how they try to avert it -- can happen in any corner of the globe, with any kind of person of any culture or class. This series gets that right with a bullet, and adds in an extra layer of intrigue with this volume as a wider conspiracy working behind the scenes starts to come more to the forefront of the story. Can't wait to keep reading.
Martin
By far this was the hardest of the series for me to read. I had liked the first 3 volumes, but this one tested my patience. Only my determination to read the entire series & see for myself if the hype surrounding it was justified kept me going until, finally (as it is one of the thicker volumes), I was done with it. It didn't seem to be moving along as fast as the preceding (or even subsequent) volumes.
Porkpie
Intriguing premise - Mystery Man gives various down-and-outs a gun and 100 unmarked bullets to revenge themselves on their enemies with. Evocative art choices and good dialogue throughout, but at the end of the day I couldn't work up the energy to get too involved in this title. A little too Tarantino-esque for my taste, but he's got a zillion fans for his movies and the same folks will cotton to this.
Zoli
Brian Azzarello's great story continues with another volume that tells us more about the Trust and Agent Graves' background - but once again, only some more pieces are added to the story. Along the way two characters are introduced or appear again in two intense but great story lines, leaving me wondering where this is headed to. I'm really glad I picked up this series once more.
M
The crime cartels get a chance for the spotlight in Azzarello's fourth volume. As we look at the various driminal heads mixed up in Graves' conspiracy, the true gem shines as an elderly ball player is given his chance to make amends over the death of his Hollywood starlet. Hints of Marilyn Monroe abound, but pay attention to Graves second reason for visiting the hospital...
Frank
How does this series keep getting better!? I expected this series to start loosing steam soon but it seems to only be getting started and you got to love it. I thought I wouldn't continue to read this series after the first wo books but this series grabs you and doesn't let go. One of the best written comics ever, just for how realistic the dialogue is.
Josh
Aug 15, 2009 Josh rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
I think this one's the beefiest of the 13, 100 Bullets installments, but much to my chagrin, it turns out that it is not a single, 12-issue story arc. It's a bunch. It's still good, and obviously fits into what the over-all story is, but it wasn't the meat I was looking for. But I still enjoy this series, and am curious to read through it to completion.
Matt
Seriously? Criminals whose hobbies are drinking, smoking, and gambling and they look like models? How does that work?
The heroin addict who's built like a bouncer and the black belt who looks like a character on the Big Bang Theory?
Nevertheless, dialogue is tight and the pathos grabs you.
Felix
The plot around the thirteen families of the Trust and the Minutemen thickens. I begin to see why people praise this book. Still, I just can't find the stuff of genius here, though it definitely is plain good fun and I intend to stay for the rest of the ride.
Jdetrick
One of my favorite trades for this series, as it dives head first into the mythology and begins to lay down some answers for how The Trust works and what's really going on. I also think that Rizzo does some of his best work on the series in these issues.
Joseph
Not my favorite of the series, if only for containing two of the weaker installments of the series. Mr. Branch's recap of what's going on, while helpful, feels more than a little forced and fake, while the Joe DiMaggio story feels completely out of place.
Julie
The plot line is starting to come more together in this volume. The trust is being revealed little by little and more is coming into light about Shepard vs. Graves. So far this series is great and I can see why it won an Eisner award.
Desiree
My mind is blown!! There is so much going on in here I can hardly keep up. I loved the stories. I love the background about the Minutemen and the Trust. What wouldn't Graves do?! I can't wait to find out.
Shannon Appelcline
This volume has a lot of stories, covering the gamut from so-so to very good. Despite the weaker offerings, it comes out pretty good on average and really starts to show how 100 Bullets will fit together.
Sharon
We finally get some more info on The Trust and what's led up to today. Now, on to see where we're going next...
  • Scalped, Vol. 6: The Gnawing
  • DMZ, Vol. 6: Blood in the Game
  • Criminal, Vol. 2: Lawless
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 8: Dirge (Transmetropolitan, #8)
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 5: Smoke, Smoke (Ex Machina, #5)
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B
More about Brian Azzarello...

100 Bullets (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 8: The Hard Way
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 9: Strychnine Lives
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 10: Decayed
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 11: Once Upon a Crime
Joker 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Blood 100 Bullets, Vol. 2: Split Second Chance 100 Bullets, Vol. 3: Hang Up on the Hang Low

“You can forget ya keys or ya wallet, the first girl ya kissed, hell- even my birthday, but you'll never forget me.” 2 likes