Start by marking “Your Management Sucks: Why You Have to Declare War on Yourself . . . and Your Business” as Want to Read:

Like a mirror, Your Management Sucks reveals important truths that you may deal with . . . or choose to ignore or put on the back burner.

Everyone manages someone or something . . . your own life and career, an administrative assistant, hundreds or thousands of people. How well or poorly you manage has a profound impact on your personal success.

Mark Stevens makes the compe
Published May 9th 2006 by Crown Business (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Your Management Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Management Sucks

Alberto Lopez
Jul 16, 2016 Alberto Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very insightful.
May 28, 2008 Jbock rated it liked it
This book is strong on motivation and ideas, but a bit over the top in some areas. Mark Stevens can come off as pretentious at times.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in continuous personal improvement.
Michelle Lach
Dec 19, 2013 Michelle Lach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting take on management and motivation. Many examples that give way to good perspective. Though nothing notably astounding, this book is like having a great talk with a wise mentor.

Sep 12, 2008 Tina rated it it was ok
I guess my biggest problem with this book was the pompous, arrogant guy that wrote it. Yeah, you're great-you have solved all of the problems for all of your clients. I did get a few tidbits from it.
May 10, 2010 Cheree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this right after I quit a job with a terrible manager. The book made me feel better in confirming that I was working under someone who had no idea how to manage.
John Seno
Jul 29, 2011 John Seno rated it it was ok
The title is not particularly comforting :-)

I must go through this book again, filled with refreshing ideas & perspectives on business management."
Jason Paulateer
Dec 14, 2013 Jason Paulateer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the spirit of Marcus Buckingham's "First Break All The Rules", Stevens challenges us to wage war on conventional wisdom!
May 03, 2008 Thomas rated it liked it
After finishing this book, I was convienced that my management sucks, but based his criteria I suck too.
Oct 19, 2012 Matt rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read about some very modern management ideas. It makes you think.
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Egidijus Vitkauskas
Egidijus Vitkauskas rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2016
Derrick Quandt
Derrick Quandt rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2016
Chaoticreader marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Luis Pertusa honrubia
Luis Pertusa honrubia marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Damaris Galindo
Damaris Galindo rated it liked it
May 25, 2016
ONWELUZO MICHAEL rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Lia marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Ivan Nikolic
Ivan Nikolic marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Jerome Terry
Jerome Terry marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Dave rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Michelle Bullock
Michelle Bullock marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Ieda Bispo
Ieda Bispo rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Brandon rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Amy Deloach
Amy Deloach rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
John rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Liam rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Brian rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Allanjpatterson rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mark Stevens, a popular media commentator on a host of business matters including marketing, branding, management, and sales is known for delivering business insights with blunt truths and unconventional wisdom. Steven’s wildly successful blog, Unconventional Thinking, is ranked among “Top 10 Marketing Blogs in the World.”
More about Mark Stevens...