Your Management Sucks: Why You Have to Declare War on Yourself . . . and Your Business

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Like a mirror, Your Management Sucks reveals important truths that you may deal with . . . or choose to ignore or put on the back burner.

Everyone manages someone or something . . . your own life and career, an administrative assistant, hundreds or thousands of people. How well or poorly you manage has a profound impact on your personal success.

Mark Stevens makes the compe...more
Published May 9th 2006 by Crown Business (first published 2006)

Jbock
This book is strong on motivation and ideas, but a bit over the top in some areas. Mark Stevens can come off as pretentious at times.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in continuous personal improvement.
Michelle Lach
An interesting take on management and motivation. Many examples that give way to good perspective. Though nothing notably astounding, this book is like having a great talk with a wise mentor.

Tina
I guess my biggest problem with this book was the pompous, arrogant guy that wrote it. Yeah, you're great-you have solved all of the problems for all of your clients. I did get a few tidbits from it.
Cheree
I read this right after I quit a job with a terrible manager. The book made me feel better in confirming that I was working under someone who had no idea how to manage.
John Seno
The title is not particularly comforting :-)

I must go through this book again, filled with refreshing ideas & perspectives on business management."
Jason Paulateer
In the spirit of Marcus Buckingham's "First Break All The Rules", Stevens challenges us to wage war on conventional wisdom!
Thomas
After finishing this book, I was convienced that my management sucks, but based his criteria I suck too.
Matt
A very enjoyable read about some very modern management ideas. It makes you think.
Kassia
Kassia marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Roshan
Roshan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Rajesh Pabari
Rajesh Pabari marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Andrey
Andrey marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Tim Murphy
Tim Murphy marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Ardi Ardianto
Ardi Ardianto is currently reading it
Oct 29, 2013
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Christian Whamond
Christian Whamond marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Barry Tikkanen
Barry Tikkanen marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2012
Chris Varnei
Chris Varnei marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Your Marketing Sucks King Icahn: The Biography of a Renegade Capitalist God Is a Salesman: Learn from the Master Your Company Sucks: It's Time to Declare War on Yourself Extreme Management: What They Teach at Harvard Business School's Advanced Management Program