Start by marking “Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)

Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Carrie Benton's got the best job in the world working as a reporter for the Weekly News Journal. Chupacabra picnicking at the Jersey Shore? Check. Aliens in the White House? Absolutely. Bigfoot stalking the forests of northern Pennsylvania? Well, okay . . . but Bigfoot is so Left Coast.

Tim Sattizahn can't believe his luck. The six-foot redhead who crashed into his forest d
Published September 8th 2010 by Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Size Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Size Matters

~E~ Riverina Romantics
4.5 Stars
4 out of 5 for Hotness.

Size Matters was exactly the type of book I needed when I started reading it.

It was written with a great voice, was smooth and easy to read as well as being funny enough to have me chuckling - out loud I might add, which doesn’t happen too often - and had the perfect amount of steam.

To be honest I was a bit dubious about how the book was going to turn out when it started with the heroine having sex with a complete stranger, without even knowing what he looked li
Laurie Garrison
Have you ever thought Bigfoot could be sexy with his massive size? (Not me for sure;) and don’t forget the size of the feet Oh my, ! You ladies know what they say about the feet size, so yes! Size Matters. This book was refreshing sexy creative and fun. You get a Bigfoot, a Yeti and a Fairy. I do hope Stephanie writes more. This is a quick read, but don’t let that fool you. The author doesn’t leave anything out. So if your in need of a quick hot paranormal read around 80 pages, this one just mig ...more
Kathleen
I very seldom give a short book a 5 star rateing, I feel if this book would have been longer that is exactly what I would have rated it. I REALLY liked this short story A LOT so I'm making my rating a 4 1/2 stars! If you like paranormal stories with a big hulking yummy man and a smart and whitty heroine not to mention SCORCHING HOT love scenes then I would suggest you give this book a try. I'm sure glad I did. BTW Size really did matter for it gave the heroine extreme pleasure :)
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: Especially when she wrapped one hand around his cock and realized her fingers didn’t meet. Thank you, Goddess of…well, whatever goddess handled huge guys with accessories to match.

Carrie Benton loves her job working for the Weekly News Journal. So what if they cover crop circles and big foot sightings, serious journalism bores her and she has fun covering these types of stories. Speaking of big foot, she finds herself in a massive snow storm trying to get out to a site where big
Kim B
3 Stars

Because sometimes a girl just needs a little light PNR to make her evening.

I enjoyed the nature of this story ... we weren't living in a world where everything paranormal was an accepted fact. And it wasn't some alternate type reality. No ... it was the real world, where a tabloid journalist who chases Bigfoot stories for a living, actually runs into the real thing ... only he's not at all what you'd expect.

It was a fun read. Lighthearted and humorous. The charcters were engaging. There w
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

The blurb of this book is what caught my eye, there are loads of books about vampires, shifter, faeries, angels, demons etc but really how many PNR/erotica books to you see about Big Foot? NONE! This is the first one I have seen!

So I finally got the book and can exclusively tell you that Big Foot.... is a guy called Tim! Now this may seem disappointing but it isn't, all 7ft of Tim is just plain hot, and not only hot but really sweet as well. I found myself really liking him and couldn'
Vanessa theJeepDiva
This is a very short, very steamy hot sexy read. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. Plenty of sexy good smut in these few pages. I needed a smutty read. I had gone through a smutless reading drought that included a few too many virginal historical, young adults who was keeping their pants on and Zombie books. Not only did this book provide me with a good dose of hot steamy sex, but it contains plenty of plot and some conflict for our lovers to overcome.
Carrie is a newspaper reporter, well she rep
Janna
Genre & Keywords:
M/F, Paranormal, Shapeshifter, Big Foot

Why I read it:
I received a review copy from the author

My opinion in short:
Size Matters is a fun read, not only is it sexy as hell, it also made me laugh out loud several times. This novella has all the ingredients I love, packed in an incredibly small amount of pages. It has humor, very steamy scenes, a kick-ass heroine, an uber hot and strong male protag, sweetness, magic, a little bit of conflict, an interesting supernatural world a
Susi
Wow...this book was something special. It took me completely by surprise. I knew I would like it like I did every other book written by Ms Julian but I wasn't prepared for this. You ask why? I finished a book yesterday at 12:30 AM and was a bit giddy and couldn't sleep. So I thought read a bit of this book before sleep and yes I did find sleep after I finished it. I couldn't stop. My eyes dropped close once or twice but I had to finish it.

I won't tell you anything about the story itself. It's a
Ellie
I didn't like the writing style here. Somehow the plot wasn't exactly straight forward, in a subtle way, in a way that I did not appreciate.

The plot is slightly cheesy (he's bigfoot) but it didn't need to be and it could have worked, especially with the fact that his "friends" come over. But it was still cheesy. And the hero had an annoyingly low confidence level.

Didn't really like it, even though it has a cover that suggests I'd be all over it.... darn!
Sophia (FV)
Carrie Benton works for a newspaper that reports the news that other newspapers tend not to cover. Things like alien sightings, Lock Ness monsters, and Big Foot. She’s a fun girl and she enjoys her job. But when her boss sends her out in the middle of a snow storm to take photos for story on recent Big Foot sightings she ends having an accident. As luck would have it, big guy Tim Sattizahn, who owns a camping and wildness business, happens upon her and takes her back to his cabin. When Carrie re ...more
Paranormal Haven
Carrie Benton is a reporter for the Weekly News Journal. The types of stories she covers involve headlines with the words aliens, ghosts and chupacabra in them. Her latest assignment lands her in the middle of a snow storm and after a car accident, in the arms of a very handsome and very big man. Tim Sattizahn can't get enough of the tall redhead he just saved. She is everything he wants in a woman except for the fact her boss sent her out looking for bigfoot. A topic Tim knows all about since h ...more
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
Ok, let me first start off with how much I enjoyed this short story. I love when books revamp classic themes like….Bigfoot. Carrie works for the Weekly New Journal where she often investigates such things as Chupacabras near the Jersey Shore and other Sci-fi-esk stories. Her next leads her into the Pennsylvania forests to investigate a possible Bigfoot sighting. After her car decides to take a dirt nap she runs into Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome, Tim Sattazahn. The tension between the two of them p ...more
LynnMarie
Claudette's Review

This is the second book I’ve read by this author and certainly won’t be the last. I was thoroughly entertained by this novel’s humour and the character of Carrie Benton the journalist sent out to write a story about Bigfoot. The first either the reader or ‘Bigfoot’ sees or hears of her, she is stomping through the snow and enthusiastically cursing her boss, her colleague whose illness is the reason she’s the one stuck in a remote part of Pennsylvania with a broken car, the sno
Suzan
I enjoyed it. I liked that 'Bigfoot' is actually a clan of red haired giants who perpetuated the bigfoot legend to profit from it and are related to the yeti clan who again perpetuated the Yeti myth, not to mention he's friends with a fae and they refer to themselves as the fringe which is appropriate as they remain on the fringe of society hiding what they are from humans. He's actually a shifter who transforms into a red bear and his cousin transforms into a white bear. His secret is out when ...more
Colette
This is one of those books that I saw so many positive reviews for that after reading yet another glowing one from Fiction Vixen I decided enough was enough. I had to read this book and see what all the fuss was about. I am so glad that I did. It was the best $4.95 I've spent in a long time! Once I started reading this book, and couldn't stop. I had it read in 45 minutes flat.
It's rare that a book captivates me from the first sentence, but this one did. It had me laughing and feeling all tingly
Christi Snow
My Review:
Vanessa, the Jeep Diva, has been reviewing a bunch of Stephanie Julian books this week (go check out her reviews, they're really fabulous) and we got to chatting about this book yesterday. So, last night when I was in the mood for something a little bit different than the book I was reading, I pulled this one out of my Kindle TBR pile. It was a perfect change of pace. This book is just pure fun...and makes me hope that it's kind of true.

The premise is fun and entertaining (read the St
Blackravens Reviews
Tamara’s Review:

Are you looking for a story full of sizzling sex and undeniable humor? Then Size Matters is the perfect solution.

Ms. Julian has created a wonderful novella that has plenty of both. I absolutely adored Carrie. This author has created such a character in her that if Carrie had been a real live person I’d want to have her as my best friend. Not only is Carrie feisty and out-going, she such a down to earth woman that nothing seems to faze her. Not even the fact that her lover, Tim tu
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
I really enjoyed this novella from Ms. Julian. It’s a quick read full of fun and smokin’ romance. The mythology is very original - I can’t say that I’ve ever read a “Bigfoot romance” before. As corny as it may sound, the story is actually very smart and well written. I enjoyed the pop-culture references (especially since I’m a sci-fi geek) and the thoughtful dialogue between Carrie and Tim.

Although it’s a shorten-length story, the characters are well-developed and interesting. Carrie is an inde
Anna
Carrie Benton works for the Weekly New Journal, which reports about UFO sitings, the bat boy and all sorts of other oddities. When her boss sends her out to a remote area in Pennsylvania to get photos of the reported Bigfoot, she didn't actually think she'd find Bigfoot. Especially not in the form of sexy Tim Sattizhan.

Size Matters is a hot little read. Fast and tantalizing. This is the first in a new series and it's definitely a great beginning. Stephanie Julian does an excellent job at world b
Tammie
4 Stars erotic paranormal romance novella

Yes, size matters.
Of course.

Don't worry, Carrie, because Tim's size isn't going to be the problem. He's Bigfoot. No, girl, I didn't say he has big feet, I said he's BIGFOOT. Huge, eh-heh, difference there, dear. It's a good thing you're well-acquainted with weird stuff! I bet his cousin Andy (the Yeti), and friend, Fry (the fairy), won't faze you one bit either. You're awesome that way.

Seriously, get over it and get your dream guy bigfoot!

Fun, original,
Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)
I have to admit I didn't want to start this book because of its cheezy title: Size Matters??? C'mon ;-)

But this was an easy and entertaining read and I wish Mrs Julian writes the story about Tim's cousins: Andy and Fry someday.

And I'm thankful for a female charachter who doesn't play coy and shy. Carrie wants sex with Tim and she's not playing hard to get. And I got tired of all the tiny lush bossomy females. Thank you Stephanie for a long legged, lean and athletic female!
Elizabeth Burgess
Very quick read but addicting. After the first chapter I was like wow no back story getting straight to it huh? But there actually was a storyline and after a bit of the story I was like ok let's get back to it then. Not the best scenes I've read but, again, very addicting, sped through it. Would definitely continue reading the series - actually wish this one has been much longer! (Pun intended)
Jill
Size Matters is like sex in the morning--hot and focused, short but not without lots of rumpling of the covers. I really enjoyed it, and it definitely left me wanting to know more about these Bigfoot Yeti tribes. I can see this becoming a very interesting series. It doesn't hurt that I have a love for big tough guys with sweet insides. Please say there will be more soon!
Trina
Bear Shifters!! I haven't come across a bear shifter that I didn't love. With that being said, I wanted more, more, more! This book is too short..hence 4 stars.

I would recommend Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais for all bear shifter lovers! Oh, and The Mane Squeeze by Shelly Laurenston too!

Andrea Goodell
Another great story from SJ.
This is a short story about a guy at a loss in life and a women just kinda going through the motions. A snow storm brings them together but can it keep them there?

SJ does another wonderful job giving great details,feelings and emotions in just a few words.
Robin *loves sexy books*
3.5 stars, funny, hot, quick little read. which is just what i needed. i needed a break from a boring book, but feel like i have to read it because i bought it. this was just the right amount of quick smuttiness that i wanted. wonder if she'll write one about andy and fry though?
Christine
Enjoyed this short story. Out of all the paranormal stories out there, I don't think I've read any about Bigfoot.
I would have liked for the story to have been longer, but a good read none-the-less.
Sommer Marsden
Highly recommended. A true grabber from the cover to the end. Hot and cleverly written with a hero to die for. I'm five ten, point me in a Tim-like creatures direction...please?

Read it!
Karen
Steamy, yes, but also... incredibly cute. I really like the way she set up this world. Definitely reading more in this series!
  • Amidst a Crowd of Stars
  • Vulfen Alpha's Mate (Vulfen Cadre, #1)
  • Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2)
  • Misplaced Cowboy (Foreign Affairs, #2)
  • Cop Appeal
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)
  • Lycan Lover (Lycan, #1)
  • Lucien's Delight (Dalakis Passion, #2)
  • Unbridled (Centaur Chronicles, #1)
  • Mr. Buff
  • Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4)
  • Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1)
  • Coming Clean (Dirty Laundry, #3)
  • Dragon Lust
  • Fate's Wish
  • The Geek Job
Stephanie Julian writes sophisticated, sultry romance for adventurous readers.
She is the author of the best-selling Salon Games series. BY PRIVATE INVITATION (Salon Games 1) was an RT Magazine Top Pick. OVER EXPOSED (Salon Games 3) released July 2014. Her serial erotic romance, An Indecent Proposition, is a reader favorite.

She also writes several paranormal erotic series, including Forgotten Godde
More about Stephanie Julian...

Lovers on the Fringe (2 books)
  • The Bigger They Are...  (Lovers on the Fringe, #2)
A Very Naughty Xmas By Private Invitation (Salon Games, #1) An Indecent Proposition (Indecent, #1) Kiss of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers, #1) No Reservations (Salon Games, #2)

“Sure, she’d come across one or two things she couldn’t explain. Cold spots, disembodied voices, Lady Gaga. Unfortunately, Bigfoot was not one of them.” 2 likes
“Collapsing over her, breathing like a freight train, he pressed a kiss to her forehead and whispered, "Name's Tim. Nice to meet you.” 2 likes