A Wild Affair

A Wild Affair (Jessica Wild #2)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  464 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The big day is almost here for Jessica Wild. She’s finally engaged to the perfect man–sexy, wonderful Max–and is in the middle of planning the perfect wedding. Nothing, absolutely nothing, stands between her and happily-ever-after. Well, almost nothing. Probably nothing. You see, lately Max has been evasive, even secretive. And when Jessica answers his mobile and hears a s...more
Published April 28th 2009 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Wild Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wild Affair

Chloe
Jessica Wild has finally met the man of her dreams, Max, and is set to marry him. After her disastrous attempts at marrying Anthony for her inheritance, Jessica has realised the error of her ways and is busy planning her fabulous wedding to Max as well as working hard for his advertising agency.

But when Jessica suspects Max of having an affair, her world falls apart. She goes out and gets drunk with her friend Helen, and makes a huge mistake, one that could affect not only her and Max’s relation...more
Paula  Phillips
Taking off where "The Importance of Being Married " left us , Jessica's
fake wedding to Anthony Milton is called off when she discovers that she
is actually in love with Max Wainwright. In A Wild Affair, Jessica is in
the stages of preparing her wedding to Max when she starts to get cold
feet after Max has been having secret meetings, cancelling dates,
depositing money into an account for another woman. The last straw for
Jessica is when after a cell phone switch, Max's phone rings and Jessica
answers...more
Kristilyn (Reading In Winter)
Valery Beauchamp
Non mi dilungherò molto su questo libro. Abbiamo lasciato la pasticciona Jess dopo aver ereditato 4 milioni di sterline, mandato a quel paese l’odioso Anthony e aver confessato il suo amore per Max.

Bene, non è passato molto tempo da questi eventi, Max e Jess si sposano, tutto procede per il meglio, i preparativi, finalmente l’abito giusto e per fortuna lo SPOSO giusto, finchè Max comincia a ricevere delle strane telefonate. Dopo varie situazioni, l’unica cosa che Jess capisce è che si tratta di...more
Amy
This is a very sweet, fun and entertaining book. The writing style is breezy and easy to read, but at the same time there are quite a few twists and turns which will take you by surprise. It's the second book in a trilogy featuring Jessica Wild, a character who is very endearing, well-meaning and loveable. At the start of the book, Jessica's life is going wonderfully: she thought up and manages the Project Handbag campaign at the advertising agency where she works, and is blissfully planning her...more
Andrea Marshall
I'm just wild about Wild! Jessica Wild, that is! I loved every second of Gemma Townley's wonderful novel, filled with romance, betrayal and corporate rivalry. "A Wild Affair" seems to be part of a trilogy, but even though it's the first one I've read, all the missing pieces were filled in just enough to entice me into reading more books featuring this appealing heroine!
Juliana
Meaghan
This is a typical chick lit book. I have read most of Townley's books. I started reading her novels because she is Sophie Kinsella's sister I really enjoy her novels. This is the second book in a series althought I'm not sure how many more books Townley is planning on writing. I enjoyed this book because it was an easy light read but at the same time the main character is a bit frustrating. She continues to dodge the truth and as a reader you just know that things are going to end in disaster. W...more
Stephanie
Just - The romance reader
The story of Jessica Wild is a roller coaster ride of emotions. A Wild Affair takes us along on the journey through a very dramatic period in Jessica's life, a period of uncertainty, where Jessica often feels her world is being turned upside down.

Jessica is a gem of a character - she's sweet, compassionate, giving, loyal and dedicated, not only to her job, but most especially to her loved one. All those characteristics are put to the test in A Wild Affair as we find out who Jessica really is. We...more
Shannon
A good sequel! I really like this series. Can't wait to read the next one.
Rachel
To be fair, this is not my normal genre of book, but after some very heavy non-fiction I thought this looked like a light fun read. I was a little bit disappointed. The characters were not all together very likable and it was hard to get invested in the romance. There were some elements of the plot that could have been developed more and some parts that could have been skipped. It was a nice distraction read, but I think there are other books in the genre that do it better.
Melody
Again another recommendation from a friend that knows my love of 'girly' books. This did not disappoint. I didn't realize that it was #2 in a series but there was just enough explanation of the first so you were able to understand where Jess was in her life. Still made me want to read the first one to see how she ended up being the character that she is in this one.

Very enjoyable and worth a read.
Irina Sedgwick
Quite dull, honestly. It was hard (boring as h***) to read some chapters where the characters were pretty much mumbling and repeating past events.
Margaret
I tried to like this book. I like the author, but the heroine is just awful. This is the second book in the series, and I hoped that it would improve upon the first book; it did not. Jessica is completely unlikeable and it is hard to root for her. Obviously this is chick-lit and everything will end happily, but I don't feel like the characters deserved it.
Andrea
I like a good "Chinck-Lit" book now and then and this did not dissapoint. I only wish I had known it was a series and read the first one before this one. However, tha author did a good job making it easy to pick up and not feel totally lost. I think the reason this was so good was because the story had good substance in addition to being fun to read.
Shanna
This is book two of the Jessica Wild trilogy. In this novel Jessica is to marry the man she loves, which almost doesn't happen when Jessica has one "Wild" drunken night because she thinks her fiancee is having an affair. She couldn't be more wrong!! Again, the author puts in a surprising twist at the end. Was an enjoyable and easy read.

Kristine
I'm not too sure what to think of this book. I liked it, but I felt that it could have ended so much sooner. I was not expecting the ending at all. That's probably why I enjoyed the book as much as I did - when I expected one thing to happen - the unthinkable did.

I will be reading the third book in the series.
Jessica
eh...I liked Gemma Townley's earlier stuff better. This series is way too drawn out. I'll be happy for the 3rd one so this trilogy finally ends...must be taking notes from her sister Sophie Kinsella who overdid it with the Shopaholic books...
Tammy
Not as good as the first Jessica Wild book, but still entertaining. It was really short however. You don't realize the length of books so much when you're using a Kindle. It was over really quickly.
Valeria
Letto in 2 ore e mezza di treno, nonostante fosse in lingua originale.. penso basti a far capire quanto mi è piaciuto!

E' forse anche più divertente del primo!

Isabel
love it! didnt even know it was a sequel until my friend pointed it out. after reading this i am really looking forward to reading the rest.
Eva
What can I say? Basic chick-lit. Fast, easy, fun read. Nothing spectacular, but I will put more Gemma Townsley books on my to read list.
Erin
Really cute...would have made a great 1940's/50's screwball romantic comedy. More proof that the Brits do chick lit better!
Patricia Graham
This is the follow up to 'The Importance to Being Married".
Again, another good one and well written as well!
Tammy
girl leaves boss at alter, co-worker swoops in, girl falls for guy but drama ensues. lead to book 3
Png
Had to read the next series. It's not as good as the first yet just as delightful to read.
Jenn
Ophelia London
I liked the first of this series better, but this was still pretty cute.
Aileen
A great story from start to finish, just couldn't put it down.
  • The Blonde Theory
  • The Fabulously Fashionable Life of Isabel Bookbinder (Isabel Bookbinder #2)
  • Busy Woman Seeks Wife
  • Pushing 30
  • A Match Made on Madison
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • On the Couch
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)
  • Fashionably Late
  • So Much For My Happy Ending
  • Love @ First Site
  • Paradise Fields
Gemma Townley launched her writing career at the age of sixteen with a book review in Harpers & Queen. At Reading University, unimpressed with the official university paper, Spark, she launched a satirical rival, Spank, which she edited for a year before taking over as deputy editor on Spark and features editor on South-East Student.

Gemma is currently head of communications at the Chartered In...more
More about Gemma Townley...
Little White Lies: A Novel of Love and Good Intentions The Importance of Being Married (Jessica Wild, #1) When in Rome...: A Novel of Piazzas and Passion The Hopeless Romantic's Handbook Learning Curves