Start by marking “Family Values (The Administration #7.1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Family Values

Manna Francis

Family Values (The Administration #7.1)

Another short story in The Administration series.

Warrick asks Toreth to move in with him. Before that fully comes into question, Warrick's half brother, Tarin, is in a car accident. Toreth wonders if foul play in involved.
213 pages
Published May 20th 2009

To ask other readers questions about Family Values, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Values

Jan 14, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing

**Very Close to the Spoiler Line**

Family Values is a story packed—I mean packed with suspense, tension, pressures, and tragedy. Changes that may force Toreth and Warrick to see who their friends and family really are in life and ask--What are they willing to risk for them and each other?

For most of this story, my guts were all kinds of twisted up with fear and dread. Toreth and Warrick’s relationship for me possesses a delicate, precise balance of power, emotion, actions, non-actions, words sp
Lenore
First reaction upon finishing the book at 4 am: I can't believe I'm done. What am I gonna do without Toreth and Warrick?

Early next morning: I can't believe I'm done.

Noon: What am I gonna do without Toreth and Warrick?

Early afternoon: I can't believe I'm done.

Repeat to fade.
Joy
Jan 14, 2014 Joy rated it it was amazing

Must learn to live without Toreth and Warrick--
Marina
Jan 14, 2014 Marina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2013
I absolutely loved this story!!!!!!

I don't know which got me more Toreth's family story, Toreth's insecurities and vulnerability or Toreth's struggle to protect......

"He'd kill them, Toreth decided on the way down the corridor to General Criminal. Warrick first, then Carnac. Or maybe Carnac first, because if he was caught between murders, he'd prefer to be sure of Carnac."

Although this story is all about Warrick and his family we at last get the answer to the mystery of Toreth's family, the what
Susan
Jan 14, 2014 Susan rated it liked it

Hmmm…

I’m starting to feel like maybe…just MAYBE…I’m ready for this series to end.

Don’t get me wrong: I could read pages, books, chronicles more of Warrick and Toreth (and throw in some Carnac!). But, the series…which clearly makes it known it’s about THE ADMINISTRATION (duh, Susan)…is starting to bore me.

I just don’t care enough about Toreth’s job. Combine that with the fact that the side characters (especially Sara and Dillion…so aggravatingly pathetic) bug the CRAP out of me, and yet again w
Shelley
Crazy crazy crazy!

Everybody is effed in the head! I think I'm glad this is over and it ended where it did. If it wasn't for the last sentence...

photo tumblr_inline_mjiylqEoWU1qz4rgp_zps3aac8a41.gif

That is all I have to say about that. Hmph!
Trix
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~~~

Complex characters are the drivers of these stories and the competent writing gives them all an intriguing home to live in. Characters to love, hate, enjoy and even tentatively identify with. We aren't all sadistic or masochistic beings but we all have some of those elements in us or at least a deep desire to understand them better; to better understand ourselves. The Administration's world gives us a place to consider these dark concepts from a distance. A future world where life is just dif
Wealhtheow
Jan 14, 2014 Wealhtheow rated it liked it
Shelves: queer-characters
When Warrick's half-brother Tarin is in an accident, it puts strain on the family. Toreth and Warrick investigate, but find that dark family secrets might come to light if they press too hard for the truth. Meanwhile, Toreth's estranged mother makes one last bid to see him, resulting in a (view spoiler) ...more
Camilla
Jan 14, 2014 Camilla rated it liked it
Shelves: online-reads

Holy crap.. It took me 3 days to get through this.. Wow..

The last book, 'First Against The Wall' really screwed this series up for me, I guess.. God, I hated what we didnt get in that book, so I just couldnt get into this novella..

Its about Tarin getting in trouble, and Warrick wanting to help him in some way.. Which of course leads to Toreth getting him through it..

This was a 2 star story, right up until the last sentence.. Why the fuck couldnt we have gotten something like that in the last bo
Marlobo
Almost 4.5 stars.

I loved the suspense plot, an accurate emergent of the subtext and its skepticism.

I loved the progress of the relationship between the MCs too, in this stage Warrick has recovered his assertiveness and Toreth at last has come up to the end of his rope regarding his feelings for Warrick and, in a back and forth movement, he does catharsis.

The last scene is moving, particularly Toreth's last speech.
Mal {RUMY THIS IS ME}
Shelves: dystopian, m-m, freebie
4.5 to 5 stars...Awesome series! Really going to miss Toreth and Warrick *sigh*
Rebe
Nov 12, 2014 Rebe rated it really liked it
I thought First Against the Wall was my new favorite book in this series, but I was wrong. It's definitely this novella. I think I like it better because it's got more of the characters in it, and more Toreth and Warrick moments, and some angst but also some domestic fluff, and Toreth repairing his relationship with Sara, and just generally a good balance of the good and bad. (view spoiler) ...more
Diane
Feb 15, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it
I always enjoy reading about Warrick and Toreth. They are such an interesting couple...perfectly matched, each with their own kinks that complement each other. I liked that we got to learn a bit more about Toreth's past and also about Warrick's past as well. I like the side characters of Sara and Cele. Both Toreth and Warrick are screwed up characters. But it was frustrating to see how difficult it was for Toreth to admit that maybe, just maybe, he might want to have a place to call home that is ...more
♥Xeni♥
Second read: Oct. 29, 2013

---

First read: Sep. 28, 2010

Another longer novel from The Administration, this one digs into Warrick's past and he finds someone he thought was dead. Toreth needs to help Warrick out, lest the new Administration decides he is too much of a treat and has him terminated.
Maya
Jan 14, 2014 Maya rated it it was amazing
After taking a break from this series the only thing that I can say is that I am in love with it all over again. This was one of my favorites in the series since we see so much reguarding Toreth's feelings for Warrick. I really, really liked this one.
Danny Tyran
I do not know why but this story seems incomplete to me, as if something very bad or really good should have happened after the accident, but everything was settled fast without much trouble.

Maybe that it is just I who become more and more demanding.
Mel
Jan 14, 2014 Mel rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, e-book
Hate on me all you want, I can't give this more than 3 stars.

Proper review to follow. Soon. Hopefully.
Miralinda
Jun 11, 2015 Miralinda rated it really liked it
Меня раздражают все женские персонажи в этой серии. Сара с её нытьём и теперь Дилли, которая везде должна сунуть свой нос и выразить своё мнение. -Скажи мне, я должна знать! Задолбала.
Mich
Be still my heart..."You know what?" Toreth said. "I'm sick of living out of that fucking suitcase. I just want to have somewhere to call home."

::sigh::
Sofia
Sofia rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Tetkaripli
Tetkaripli rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Fani
Fani rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
Suzy
Suzy rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Ramona
Ramona rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Meatworks
  • El Presidio Rides North
  • Laser Visions
  • Darker Space (Dark Space, #2)
  • Powerless (The Borders War, #3)
  • In Over His Head
I've been writing original slash since 2002 — or homoerotic fiction, m/m romance, yaoi, as you prefer. Original slash is my personal term of choice because I feel it best represents my writing in terms of style and what readers can expect to find there — original fiction following the stylistic traditions of slash fanfiction. Individual stories may or may nor be sexually explicit.

More about Manna Francis...

The Administration (10 books)
  • Mind Fuck (The Administration, #1)
  • Quid Pro Quo (The Administration, #2)
  • Games & Players (The Administration, #3)
  • Control (The Administration, #4)
  • Quis Custodiet (The Administration, #5)
  • First Against the Wall (The Administration, #6)
  • For Certain Values of Family (The Administration, #7)
  • Blood & Circuses (The Administration, #8)
  • Untitled (The Administration, #9)

“Toreth?" Warrick asked softly.
He kept still, breathing slightly irregularly, until finally Warrick climbed into bed beside him. Then it was simply a question of timing the movement right so that they met in the middle, accidentally, and Warrick's arm slipped accidentally round him.
Why, he wondered sleepily, did he still bother pretending?”
39 likes