Start by marking “Throw Me A Bone” as Want to Read:
Throw Me A Bone

Throw Me A Bone

Malcolm is shocked and hurt when he realizes Guy is seeing another man. He believed they were happy and he was waiting, not always patiently, for the time they could move in together. Guy has no idea that Malcolm knows about the other man and Malcolm is trying to decide what he should do. He dreads giving up the man he loves, but doesn’t believe he can possibly share him w ...more
Published January 22nd 2012 by Stevie Woods (first published September 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Throw Me A Bone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throw Me A Bone

Alina
Sep 18, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Lovely story!
I agree with mw138: Malcolm's hurt and pain were so vividly portrayed, my heart broke for him :/ The resolution was nice and touching, though. Overall very satisfying read!
mw138
Apr 26, 2012 mw138 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Malcolm believes his boyfriend, Guy, is cheating on him. Even though he loves Guy with all his heart, it kills him that he isn't good enough. Just when he's conceded to letting the man he loves more than anything go, Guy surprises Malcolm with a revelation (or two) of his own.

I really enjoyed this short story. The angst, frustration and pain were so palpable and my heart broke for Malcolm. His insecurities came out in full force, with good reason as he's been badly hurt in the past. I thought I
Tam
Jan 24, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Malcolm and Guy were best friends when Guy tells him he loves him. Things are going perfect despite the fact that Guy needs to keep their relationship a secret because of his job. Suddenly Guy is making up excuses for not being home and Malcolm sees him with another guy twice. He's sure that's never going to be enough for any man and when Guy invites him over for dinner he thinks he's going to get dumped. When Guy realizes what Malcolm thinks the truth comes out. I could see why Malcolm believed ...more
Pete W
Jan 29, 2012 Pete W rated it it was ok
It was a nice short story but I find that some of the dialogue seems a bit stiff or too... something that I can't quite place but felt that it wasn't quite natural or flowing (which is funny because one of the theme in this book is about language and communication.)

Regardless, it was still quite nice.
Serena Yates
Oct 16, 2010 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a fun, short read, with just enough angst to hold my attention. Malcolm has been burned in the past, and is quick to assume the worst. Guy isn't the most communicative of partners and misses all the signals. I liked the characterisations as well as the solution to their dilemma.
Nikko
Jan 30, 2012 Nikko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I totally loved it!! A simple but romantic story!! I want a story like this everyday!!
qx
Gbook
Jan 29, 2012 Gbook rated it liked it
3.5
Chiara
Chiara rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Melamory
Melamory rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Candice
Candice rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Kiki
Kiki rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Elasure
Elasure rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2013
Linda-Grace
Linda-Grace rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2012
jules0623
jules0623 rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2013
itmfiddler
itmfiddler rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*
The story was nice, but something about the writing or dialog style didn't work for me.
Linda-Grace
Linda-Grace rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2010
Samantha Collins
Samantha Collins marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2010
Gabi
Gabi marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2010
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2010
Stevie
Jan 03, 2011 Stevie added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-work
Morgana
Morgana marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2011
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2012
Ayamee
Ayamee added it
Nov 23, 2013
Hommy Dee
Hommy Dee marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Aysha
Aysha marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
1200331
I am a published author of gay romantic erotica - I term it such because I view my stories as primarily romance with a touch of erotica. I write well plotted tales in which sex plays a role. My work is in a variety of genres - historical, fantasy, paranormal, futuristic and contemporary.

I have numerous novels, novellas and short stories released by various publishers: Phaze, MLR Press and Amber A
More about Stevie Woods...