Start by marking “Dragon Fate (Age of Fire, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Fate (Age of Fire, #6)

Dragon Fate (Age of Fire #6)

The author of the national bestselling Vampire Earth series presents the fiery conclusion to his epic dragon saga. Scattered across a continent, three dragon siblings are among the last of a dying breed-the final hope for their species' survival.

After fighting a war that cost each of them kingdoms, friends and family, and their honor and glory, they have removed themselves
Paperback, 1st Edition, 351 pages
Published December 6th 2011 by Roc Trade (first published December 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Fate, please sign up.

Dustin There is a short prequel ebook about the sibling's parents (Dragon Search). Otherwise, I think so.

Ariel
Feb 06, 2012 Ariel rated it it was ok
Oh, now where should I start?

I was so excited to read the last book of the Age of Fire series. The last one ended on a bit of a cliffhanger with the three dragon siblings having been exiled, so I was very interested to see how they would return (and hoping that they would extract their revenge). I had looked at the reviews before I started reading and was a little worried, but had to read it nonetheless. Having just finished reading the book, I am now pretending that none of the events ever happ
Crystal
Jan 07, 2012 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
All of this series has been - well, the author jumps around a lot, letting years pass between scenes without giving any explanation. But this last one feels like the author said "Oh yeah, I need to get a conclusion out for that series...here, have my plot notes!"

More writing, please. Also, dragon's mate's names should not be interchangeable. Especially when at one point you're talking about a dragon's mate and you name his SISTER instead. Come on, it's not that hard. You only have three main ch
F.J. Hansen
Sep 25, 2012 F.J. Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: dragons, fantasy
For the most part, I enjoyed the story. I had rather expected things in the Dragon Empire to deteriorate quickly while the siblings were in exile. And, things certainly got dark just as they should. I continued to enjoy seeing the siblings work together--especially AuRon and RuGaard. It's a nice completion to the circle: in the beginning of Dragon Champion (and Dragon Outcast), they started (briefly) working together but for their own advantage; now they're again working together, but this time ...more
J.F.R. Coates
Jan 26, 2015 J.F.R. Coates rated it it was ok
Ultimately a disappointing end to the trilogy, unfortunately.
At times it was hard to follow, and the characters - previously a strong point - seemed to all merge into each other.
Errors certainly didn't help matters, with some characters able to say something even though they aren't even present in the scene. I know NiVom managed to contribute to discussions a few times around the Dragon Tower with Copper, even though he was still in the south.
I also found the end to be so terribly rushed. There
Erin
Nov 12, 2015 Erin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A very disappointing ending to a fantastic series.

The three dragon siblings join forces to save the world they helped to shape that is slowly decaying from corruption and abuse. And that's all. Sounds almost exciting, doesn't it? Well, don't get your hopes up...

Very little of anything happens in the book; it feels like a small bit of plot was stretched to fill a full-length novel. The little that does happen is not terribly exciting. The 'big reveal' of the big bad is not surprising, makes litt
Dan
Dec 07, 2014 Dan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series started out good but I found the last couple books kind of lost steam not to mention I didn't care for how things worked out. Dunno but somehow I just had trouble having any sympathy for many of them.

I like the three main characters but can't help feel conflicted about how it goes for them, on the one hand I want them to survive and flourish but on the other hand I found dragonkind kind of lacking but then so were most of the other races.

Take Rayg for example you can't blame him for
Bogdan Gavriliuc
This review will not be necessarily for this book, but also for the series. I overall liked this series. Each book had something that I did enjoy about it, but we'll start with the downfalls.

In my opinion, the books keep setting up majestic and epic scenarios, but falls short of accomplishing them. They have lots of potential, yet never quite get there. For example, in the ending of this book (dragon fate) the climax is quite short and poorly described. The action is well described, but there
Dawn
Jul 11, 2013 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: an-okay-book
I have to admit DRAGON FATE is really, really hard to get into and I felt quite lost while reading it. I enjoy a good fantasy story. This series sounded like it had all the great aspects of a promising fantasy story. It had amazing world building, an intriguing premise and characters that showed promise but never delivered. The author does a really good job in creating a series where dragons rule and the world of humans are subjected to them. That being said, the issue I had was the plot mention ...more
Melissa
As the last book in E.E. Knight’s Age of Fire, I expected a lot for Dragon Fate. I loved the first three books, enjoyed book four, and pushed through book 5 hoping to see this book bring a solid conclusion to a series.
However the last in a great series sadly falls short. The book, while still enjoyable and being filled with the characters that readers of the series enjoy, lacks the dynamics and depth of the original. In the end the book resolves the series too quickly, and without a good enou
Ashley
Aug 06, 2013 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I was actually rather disappointed with this "grand finale" in Knights' Age of Fire series. It seemed to me that the author just kind of threw everything into the pot, "tied up" all the loose ends, and hoped for something that would finish his contract. One of the problems I noticed with this book (4th and 5th as well) was that, unlike with the first three, time didn't flow very regularly in these ones. For instance, at the end of the 5th book, Wistala mates (secretly with DarSii) ...more
Melissa
Aug 11, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Now, it's been a while since I read Book Five, but I didn't think that mattered much. I remembered the gist of the story, so I expected to understand everything that was going on by the time I cracked the first page.

Not so.

I had no idea what was going on.

The three dragon siblings (AuRon, Wistala and RuGaard the Copper) start out in exile in the Sadda-Vale, and from there, everything goes wacky. The Copper, intent on rescuing his wingless mate, Nilrasha, somehow ends up in a tower of dragons, ove
Jonathan Beckett
Dec 09, 2011 Jonathan Beckett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in this epic Dragon saga. And I'm still trying to recover myself from the ending. It certainly doesnt stack up other final books of other other book series I have read but it was still pretty epic. And very sad at the end as well.
The last book does something the others don't: it delves into the perspectives of other dragons besides the three siblings. I found this quite refreshing because I have always imagined how it would be like to read the events of the story in a var
Dawn Huang
Mar 08, 2013 Dawn Huang rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, right. There are probably a jillion other reviews saying: This book was bad, it was terrible, what-are-you-doing-stay-away-from-this-book.

But this book? Fine, I really liked the first four books of this series, even if the politics were exasperating as politics of any sort often are. But this? Oh. My. Gosh. Need to add one more PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THIS warning. He just builds up a nice series, and when you expect a nice big fiery ending- boom. Off you go plunging off a cl
Hannah
Oct 24, 2012 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book Dragon Fate by E.E. Knight. It is a fantasy book thats is 347 pages long. This book is about 3 dragon siblings AuRon, Wistala,and the Copper ( an outcast who has no true name). The share an exile from a dragon empire, a empire the Copper was Tyr of. The empire is now in chaos. There was a banquet where many dragons died. The new learder is leaving the dead bodies to trolls to mutate them with dragonblood and make them stronger.

This book was okay. There were many mistakes where th
PJ
Aug 27, 2012 PJ rated it did not like it
Go on Amazon for more reviews, I have decided after putting a decent amount of thought into this review, that it isn't really even worth my time to review. Others have used the expressions, "...the writer lost his enthusiasm for the series..." and other similar sentiments, and I have to agree. The last 1/3 of this book was a struggle just to finish due to horrible grammar, characters appearing randomly in dialogue where they weren't a second before, etc.

The analogy I keep coming back to with thi
Blind_guardian
Aug 17, 2014 Blind_guardian rated it really liked it
While I've thoroughly enjoyed this series, telling the stories of three dragon siblings as they emerge from the egg and make themselves a place in the world, this final volume feels a bit sloppy. The series as a whole could benefit from a more thorough proofreader, with multiple typos, and the finale at the end of the book is such a hot mess you might think it's dragon vomit. For the first time we get perspectives besides AuRon, Wistala and RuGaard, largely because Knight can't really be bothere ...more
Chris Zaayenga
Feb 28, 2013 Chris Zaayenga rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc
When I first started reading this series I thought to myself, "Is this going to be one of my favorite series? This is really good! And dragon protagonist? How great!". Let's just say it was downhill from there. I don't think Knight knew where to go with this series. I think he had some potential reveals that he didn't know how to write. I think the plot was more or less forgotten. The ending was, for lack of a better word, terrible. Many characters(NiVom and Ryg in particular) had a bit of an od ...more
Skilly
Jan 26, 2017 Skilly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series as a whole is great. I love dragons so hearing a story in their points of view is why I read them. All 6 books told a fantastic tale, but.... about a third of the way into book 6 it got really wonky. I started to struggle to stay reading because of continuity errors and dragons who weren't in the scene at all suddenly having dialog. I had to re-read several pages over to see if they were there in the beginning and I had missed it but no. They weren't mentioned at all until they spoke. ...more
Rachel
Jun 27, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nadine
May 13, 2013 Nadine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I do see the opinion of many people who gave this book a lower rating. However, I personally really enjoyed this conclusion to the dragon series. It is true that there are quite a few typos (seriously, who edited this?!?), but they're easy to ignore.

Although the first three books were my favorite, the events in this book wrap everything up pretty nicely. I enjoyed the alternating narrative views between the siblings and I wish we could've seen more from AuRon's hatchlings.

Overall, I really en
Page3reader
I enjoyed reading this book and the series overall, however I did find faults in the authors grammar and in one chapter the author even got characters names confused. The plot did stagnate a bit in parts of the series (Like book two - Dragon avenger). Though I still give this book 3 stars as it was fun having the story told through the dragons point of view and some of the more creative races were interesting to read about.
RJ
Book six details our heroes exile in Saddavale. Since the overthrow of RuGaard the dragons have regressed to their previous political infighting and treachery. The empire gathers its forces to eliminate the dragons and our heroes must come together once again to save their species. New treaties and boundaries are developed and new alliances created once the war is over. The remaining dragons have another chance to survive and rebuild. Wonderful saga.
Kooskia
Sadly I could not give more than 3 stars for this book, mostly for some choices and concluding the main story. The book suffered clearly from lack of proof-check, lapsus, mistakes and some confusing parts toward the ending. It seems it has been wrote quickly and in rush. That's a bit sad, but the epilogue at least make up for the confusion of last chapters.
Jim Short
Dec 03, 2012 Jim Short rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Single word: Disappointing. It really feels like this book was rushed through editing. There are too many places where the story just seems to jump forward (or sideways) and it takes a couple paragraphs to figure out who is now involved and what is now happening. This does NOT live up to the first three books of this series.
Matt
Jan 10, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better books in this series. I liked it, but it did feel like he tried to rush the ending into the last quarter or so of the book. It just seemed like he spent too much time building up the ending, then bam, there it was and done. Still a decent series if you like to read fantasy. I've read much better, but I've also read worse.
Holly
Aug 13, 2012 Holly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I was rather upset about this conclusion of this series. I felt that it was rushed to be finished. The wording was shaky and the characters were not always the right ones that were supposed to be there. The storyline was jumpy and did not follow itself very well, and the end....i do not even know what happened. I had to reread the last couple chapters.
Eric Bertone
While I honestly enjoyed most of the rest of this series, this book felt like it was written by a different man. Sure the characters were there and the style was mostly the same, but the depth of plot line was severely lacking from what all of the other books had. It felt like he just wanted to finish the series as quickly as possible.
Cynthia Peters
This final book was just so heart-breaking. This series was amazing up until the last two books. The ending was also so...Undone. It truly was. I'd love to see someone ask to rewrite this ending. This world was t00 superbly crafted to have such a terribly unresolved ending >:(!~
Kevin Bott
Very poorly written and editing, must have had a publishing deadline. Used wrong names, had characters leave a scene to fly elsewhere, yet be talking to group in next paragraph. I think author was as bored with series as I was.
I enjoyed this book, but some simple errors among the dragon names (e.g. Natasatch being called Wistala) made it less enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. I hope these have been corrected in newer editions.
SPSV Mrs. Rodgers...: Endeavor Tabarsi 2 6 Oct 10, 2013 09:41AM
  • Legends of the Dragonrealm, Vol. II
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • A Host of Dragons (Dragon Delasangre, #4)
  • Dragonworld
  • The Griffin's Flight (The Fallen Moon, #2)
  • Light of Requiem (Song of Dragons, #3)
  • The Sword Guest (Dragon's Pupils, #1)
  • Dragon's Teeth (Stonefort, #2)
  • Dragon Academy
  • Father of Dragons (Binding of the Blade #4)
  • Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens, #1)
  • The Dark Shadow of Spring (The Young Sorcerers Guild - Book 1)
  • Dragonstar (Winterlands, #4)
  • Wizards' Conclave (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #5)
  • The Year of the Dragon Omnibus Edition (The Year of the Dragon, #1-4)
  • Scream of the White Bears
  • Bulu: African Wonder Dog
  • Secret of the Night Ponies

Age of Fire (6 books)
  • Dragon Champion (Age of Fire #1)
  • Dragon Avenger (Age of Fire #2)
  • Dragon Outcast (Age of Fire #3)
  • Dragon Strike (Age of Fire, #4)
  • Dragon Rule (Age of Fire, #5)