Start by marking “Vanish (Firelight, #2)” as Want to Read:

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  26,026 Ratings  ·  1,950 Reviews
An impossible romance.
Bitter rivalries.
Deadly choices.

To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had t
Published September 6th 2011 by HarperTeen (first published September 1st 2011)

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
43rd out of 1,166 books — 7,017 voters
The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayShatter Me by Tahereh MafiNightshade by Andrea Cremer
best "eye" on the cover
7th out of 709 books — 1,787 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexa
The love-triangle RUINED it for me. I don't even care who Jacinda ends up with at this point. I really don't. I liked Will in Firelight, but I didn't care for him in this book (honestly, didn't even give him a second thought, which might be because he was barely in it). I was neutral towards Cassian in Firelight, and I ended up disliking him in this book.

I just don't understand why everyone is in love with Jacinda. It was worse because she kept going back and forth with this: 'I want Will. No, I
Sophie Jordan
Mar 11, 2011 Sophie Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Um, yes ... I wrote ... I love ... ;)
Dinjolina
There is another?
There is!OMG!!!!YES!
And now there is this super lovely cover....
So,who wants my kidney in order for me to get an copy before release? :))

Edit:The kidney is still up for grabs! :)
Edit no2:As you can see I still did not readf this...don't you just hate it when the next book in a series is a year away? Well! I am going for it all when book 3 comes out. Hope the pretty covers hold some good writing! ^^
Lea
CAUTION: RANTING AHEAD. (Not the whole thing, but I had a lot to get off my chest lol)

First I need to say just how much I love the covers for these books so far-- I really liked Firelight's, but I think I like Vanish's even more-- and when you put the two side-by-side, it's just like, **wow.** Love them! So now we know what Jacinda and Tamra look like, I wonder who we will be seeing on the third cover?!

Alright, so now onto the actual story.

The number one reason that I enjoyed Vanish so much mor
Crowinator
**Spoiler alert: After the first two paragraphs of my review, there are a few spoilers, so please don't continue reading if you want to avoid them.**

Whenever I think of Jacinda in this book, I think of myself as a teenager, lying on my bed in the dark (in the afternoon, no less), repeatedly listening to The Cure and Pearl Jam, writing depressing songs lyrics and poems on my Converse in marker; writing stories in which I am hit by a car and everyone feels so sorry they weren’t nicer to me before
tonya.
Jul 18, 2011 tonya. rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, fantasy, meh, 2011, arcs
I wanted so much more from this follow up to Firelight, which was a lush and refreshing take on YA fantasy. Unfortunately, Vanish suffers from what I hope is merely Second Book Slump and not an indication of the way the third book will go.

Vanish picks up immediately where Firelight left off--as though Jordan wrote them as one big book and split them in half--with Cassian taking Jacinda, Tamra and their mother back to the pride. What follows is three hundred pages of prettily written teenage ang
April
Mar 31, 2012 April rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!!!! IM SOOO HAPPY THT I FOUND THIS BOOK!!!!!!!! I WAS SOOOOOOOO MAD AT THE ENDING OF THE FIRST BOOK I ALMOST CRIED AT THE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO HAPPT =)
Macarena
Aug 14, 2016 Macarena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
En esta segunda entrega las cosas se le complican aún más a Jacinda con lo que le ocurrió a Tami en el libro anterior y su situación con el clan, tener la vida que ella quiere se le va a complicar mucho más. Una buena continuación, profundiza más en las "políticas" de la comunidad draki y pone a Jacinda en un lugar donde no quiere estar.
Reseña completa en Gracias a los Libros.
Kara
Dec 25, 2011 Kara rated it really liked it
Holy crap. That cover is EPIC.

Freaking loved it! And Cassian, of course. ;) Can't wait for the next book!
Sandy
Sep 16, 2011 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Firelight and those who like their paranormal romance heavy on the romance
Sophie Jordan knows how to write one steamy kiss.

I admit: as soon as I opened Vanish, I skipped ahead to read a highly anticipated reunion scene. (I mean, I have been looking forward to this moment for almost 365 days...at least, that's how I justified it.) Once I was satiated, I decided to behave myself and read the book in order from page 1...and I kept burning through the pages until I'd read Vanish in one sitting. Sophie Jordan's writing flows like a seasoned pro's. It's easy to lose yoursel
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
*spoiler FREE*

Dear Vanish, let me count all the things I love about you.... This is a fantastic sequel! I really liked what Sophie did with the story line and the direction it goes. Not only did she introduce more of her Draki world, she included a few great kissy scenes, added a lot more action (no I don't mean that kind), and she ends Vanish with the perfect set up for the next book. I literally could not put this book down once I started it.

I loved how much more in-depth the characters are i
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

I was really excited for this book because Firelight leaves us in such promising ending. But again nothing worthy happens. There’s the Tamar’s thing and Jacinda back and forth feelings that really annoys me and ... that’s all! I kept waiting for something to develop, and about halfway through the book, the story got really promising. Again! Talks about the consistency of the author.
Great start.
and then boring.
more boring.
until the last page gets exciting again.
then bam! Cliffhanger!

there are too
Colleen Houck
Vanish is just as awesome as Firelight! First I think the cover is beautiful. I was hoping to learn more about the Draki and I wasn't disappointed. I love that the story is so layered that I keep uncovering new things about this world as I read on. My favorite part was when we were able to see a draki manifest for the first time. Won't give anything away but its a really cool thing. There are some twists in here too that I didn't see coming. Absolutely can't wait until the next book!
~Tina~
Jan 31, 2012 ~Tina~ rated it really liked it

Hey now, I actually liked this one!

I was a bit nervous getting back into the draki world, the first book Firelight was enjoyable, but there were a few things that annoyed me so I wasn't to keen jumping into it's sequel right away. Funny enough, I actually enjoyed Vanish more.

I was so happy that we've passed the high school setting. Not that I minded it, but I read a ton of books within that world, and I'm more interested in seeing the Dragon world. I was hoping for more lush detail, but
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
May 18, 2011 Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) rated it it was amazing
I am so in love! I never thought I can love a series so much as I do this one. Sophie Jordan has an amazing imagination! Just like with Firelight, I read Vanish in FOUR HOURS! It's so fast paced and an easy read, that I quickly got lost inside. I loved every minute of it! I want to share so much about Vanish, but I feel I would ruin it for those who have not read Firelight, the first in the series. I will try my best not to ruin it for anyone.

Vanish begins right where Firelight left off. They fi
Annie Brewer
****SPOILERS AHEAD****

4.5 I-love-Will stars

Finished in 12 hours.

WOW!! This was...frustrating...nail-bitingly nervewracking....intense...heartbreakingly beautiful. It was a perfect continuation of Jacinda's fight for freedom. From the pride where her life is laid before her. Where she's hunted upon the Draki hunters who killed her dad and those of her kind.

Since returning to the Pride, her home where she's able to be her glorious dragon-self, her heart is still broken, yearning for Will. The hunt
Katy
Dec 22, 2012 Katy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really want to support a local author, but unfortunately, I just couldn't honestly say that I liked this book.

This book is SO heavily emotionally bogged down. The first eight chapters of the book was about her whining and wallowing in self pity. (view spoiler) On and on. It was just too much.

There were times I was just dying to
Jess
Aug 27, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"It's a feathery kiss, lips brushing, grazing, tasting, almost as if we were afraid of startling each other. And we are."

Could.Not.Put.It.Down! I was soooo excited when NetGalley approved me to review Vanish. I loved Firelight, and I was hoping that Vanish wouldn't disappoint; because I know how some sequels can be a let down if the first was incredible. But lucky for me, Vanish was brilliant. Actually better than Firelight. Yeah, I know.

Sophie Jordan, has an incredible imagination, and her wor
Mikaela
This book better amaze! After the shockingly bad ending of the previous one, I'm about ready to give up with this series. The plot, characters and premise of the story I all found AMAZING. The excecution? Not so much. Let's hope this book redeems the ending of the last, or I'm going to go crazy...
Krystle
Oct 07, 2012 Krystle rated it did not like it
When you get to the second book in a series there is a sharp drop off in quality, which is why it’s a commonly held belief that the second book is usually the worst. Now, excuse me for a moment.

FREAKING DAMMIT, THIS BOOK PISSED ME THE HELL OFF!

Jacinda, I want to throw you off a cliff, then toss you into the Arctic, and, finally, bury you underneath a glacier! Her dithering of feelings for Will and Cassian drove me crazy. She’s all, “I can’t live without Will. I have to forget him but oh I can’t!
Leahxx
Feb 07, 2015 Leahxx rated it liked it
I like Cassian more than Will because he's just a little bit more original. I'm sick of every character being petty and self centered. I'm sick of blame being placed on the wrong people. And I'm sick of predictability.
It wasn't a bad book. It was just very meh. There were certain parts that were exciting, but there were also a lot of slower parts
Andrea
Jul 18, 2016 Andrea rated it really liked it
es un 3.5
¿Soy la única que piensa que Casian no es tan mala opción? Yo lo aprecio.
Kari
Aug 01, 2011 Kari rated it it was amazing
The Short Version:
Kicking up the overall emotional intensity, Vanish picks up quickly after the close of Firelight and doesn’t bother recapping previous events. With the same strong writing and bold storytelling, but building both the world and characters in surprising ways, this one raises the bar from the first book while still playing on the great elements of Firelight. Tying things up with a great plot and stunning writing, Vanish will lure the reader in and not let go.

The Extended Version:
J
Willinda
Jakou dobu jsem se tady rozhodovala mezi čtyřmi a pěti hvězdičkami a neustále jsem se přikláněla spíš k těm čtyř... ale sakra, vždyť jsem při čtení vytvořila určitě nový rekord v zadržení dechu! takže tak :D
-----

Jacinda si toho v uplynulých měsících prožila dost. Svou vlastní matkou byla proti své vůli odvlečena z milovaného kmene drakiů do lidské společnosti, aby se tam zbavila své drakijské podstaty, jak po ní chtěla matka. Nic ale neprobíhalo podle matčin představ a Jacinda se tam zamilovala
Kristy
Oct 16, 2011 Kristy rated it liked it
I hate to say it, but for the majority of the book I was rooting for Cassian. Primarily because I like Jacinda better when she is around him, I like how she can be herself. I enjoy how frustrated she gets at him. They have a TON of sexual tension and it just seems to ooze off the page. When she is with Will, everything seems so hard. They both seem unhappy. Jacinda is constantly worrying about the pack, knowing that they are her home, no matter what she might think she wants. This is one example ...more
Alejandra
Apr 06, 2016 Alejandra rated it really liked it
Love it!! Menos porque will aparece menos y cuando sale es todo a lo mejor un poco dulce (en plan exagerado).Mañana tendréis reseña en nuestro blog:)
Evelyn (iameveling)
Me siento tan decepcionada por que no me gustaran tanto como desearia. Y la verdad es que es algo muy extraño, porque tiene todas esos elementos que hacen que un libro me encante y me haga fangirlear, pero no logra deslumbrarme.

Lo que si me gusto de esta segunda parte fue que la historia y personajes tuvieron mas desarrollo que en el primer libro. El un libro "puente" que en ciertos momentos se me hizo un poco largo mayormente porque no logro conectar con la protagonista.

Jacinda simplemente me
❀ Sabina
Hoe bedoel je? Cliffhanger tot de max! ლ(゚Д゚ლ)

Victoria Briseno
It's been awhile since I read the very first book in this trilogy, but thankfully the novel starts off immediately where the first book ended so I was able to have my memory freshened within the first few chapters.

I'm a little divided on this one. I was hoping there wouldn't be a love triangle but alas, there was. I love Will and wanted them to be together. On the other hand, I hated Cassian in the first book but in Vanish he managed to worm his way into my heart. I'm still Team Will though lol
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Feb 14, 2012 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it really liked it
Vanish Review on K-Books

Wow, I don't really know what to say about this book. I really liked it and it's fair to say that I love this series. I have never read a series about Dragons before so I find this series really original and I love the storyline.

Jacinda is back with her pride and she has to try to make them trust her again. But how can she move on like normal back into pride life when she left her heart, and Will, behind. Will she be able to forget the love that she found with Will and ge
TeenReadClub: Februari: Achter de nevel - Sophie Jordan 1 6 Feb 03, 2015 08:30AM
Cassian or Will 79 291 Jun 21, 2014 04:16PM
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Vanished By Sophie Jordan 1 3 May 30, 2014 08:05AM
Firelight: Forest 749 13 Feb 22, 2014 08:56PM
Cassian Anyone??? 6 42 Nov 18, 2013 07:31PM
Taylor Swift Cover ?? 4 41 Nov 18, 2013 06:55PM
Firelight: Vanish (book 2) 1 5 Aug 01, 2013 11:21AM
  • Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
  • Winging It (The Dragon Diaries, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Exile (Aurelia, #2)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Always a Witch (Witch, #2)
  • Fateful
  • Enchanted Ivy
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • Wildefire (Wildefire, #1)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years
More about Sophie Jordan...

Firelight (3 books)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Hidden (Firelight, #3)

“Holding a hand over my eyes, I look up at him. "Thanks, I'm glad were...friends." I say the word friends deliberately, letting the emphasis get my point across. His mouth curves with a slow smile. "I've never wanted to be your friend, Jacinda." My heart stutters in my chest. Standing in the pouring rain, I watch him walk away.” 48 likes
“Sudden conviction races through me, almost terrifying in its total certainty. I can't give him up. He's the other part of me. He gets what it feels like to be separate from everything and everyone, to reject the path others lay out for you. We're the same. Two sides to the same coin.” 29 likes