Start by marking “The Enneagram of Parenting” as Want to Read:
The Enneagram of Parenting

The Enneagram of Parenting

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Elizabeth Wagele, coauthor of The Enneagram Made Easy and Are You My Type, Am I Yours?, offers the first practical guidebook for parents -- packed with her delightful cartoons -- on how the Enneagram can help to understand and work with children's personality traits and behavioral patterns more effectively and creatively. Using her expertise in making the Enneagram accessi ...more
Published September 14th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Enneagram of Parenting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enneagram of Parenting

Lisa
This is a fun book for anyone who is familiar with the enneagram. It is full of illustrations which makes it a quick and easy to read. There are some general questions for each type to help you guess what your child's personality type is. I recommend learning about the enneagram for your own growth as well as getting a better understanding of the other significant people in your life. But then again, I'm a Five and I love knowledge! =)
Darceylaine
Great intro to the Enneagram, with help applying it to your own family.
I have read a bunch of books on the Enneagram in the past, but this one created a great conversation in which he promised that as long as I didn't put him in a box, I could think of him as a [type concealed here for privacy] which might help me to parent him. And it did.
Ann
I'm a fan of "The Enneagram Made Easy," and this book was great in many of the same ways. An excellent introduction with whimsical illustrations and cartoons. I appreciate her clarification that, with children, we say that the child is "currently behaving in the Nine style" instead of boxing them into an Enneagram type right away.
Susie Pomponi
I had to read this book for a class that I am taking on children's personalities within the classroom. This book was truly eye-opening and really helped me understand some of my students better! Anyone who is a parent or a teacher should read this book. By the way, I am an adventurer type!
Robin
I was hoping for more. I wanted a personality "diagnostic" for my kid, with in-depth information about the motivations, fears and triggers for that type of personality. Instead, it felt all quite high-level and I didn't get a whole lot out of it.
Winda Hapsari
Sep 01, 2007 Winda Hapsari rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all, especially parents
Shelves: psychology
Helping me to know myself and others better.
Chaya Dickel
Chaya Dickel marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Angelia Thames
Angelia Thames marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Lee-Anne Clements Bello
Lee-Anne Clements Bello marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Patrik Olterman
Patrik Olterman marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Karen Blanchette
Karen Blanchette marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Hollie
Hollie is currently reading it
Nov 04, 2014
Eva Schulte
Eva Schulte marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Gidge Black
Gidge Black marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kebi
Kebi marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Elizabeth Wagele attended the University of California in Berkeley majoring in music composition. She raised 4 children with husband Gus and lives in Berkeley. She enjoys playing the piano, gardening, writing, grandchildren, walking in Berkeley and San Francisco, morning coffee at her local cafe. Her newest book is "The Enneagram of Death - Helpful Insights by the 9 Types of People on Grief, Fear, ...more
More about Elizabeth Wagele...
The Happy Introvert: A Wild and Crazy Guide to Celebrating Your True Self The Career Within You: How to Find the Perfect Job for Your Personality Finding the Birthday Cake: Helping Children Raise Their Self-Esteem The Enneagram of Death The Enneagram for Teens: Discover Your Personality Type and Celebrate Your True Self