Start by marking “Prins Faisals ring” as Want to Read:
Prins Faisals ring

Prins Faisals ring

It is 1639, and the winds of a Caribbean storm howl with the promise of sunken treasure. Treasure is the means by which fourteen-year-old Tom O'Connor hopes to deliver his family from the drudgery of working at a run-down inn on the island of Nevis. But on this particular night he finds only two ragged castaways drifting near death - a maudlin Spaniard who calls himself Ra ...more
Published 2000 by Gyldendal

To ask other readers questions about Prins Faisals ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prins Faisals ring

This would make a great movie with one incredible twist after another. The adventures of the earlier chapters become the tall tales of incorrigible liar Tom O’Connor in later chapters. Tom leaves his home on a 17th century Caribbean island, seeking the slave he believes will be his fortune. In turn he becomes a shark fisherman, a blacksmith, sugar plantation overseer, cabin boy, castaway and pirate. It’s all a bit unbelievable, but then that’s the fun of it. This book is every boy’s dream of adv ...more
Mar 18, 2010 Celine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great favourite of mine. I only wish I could have read it in its original Danish.
Hazel West
Jul 04, 2013 Hazel West rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoughts on the Overall Book: I had high expectations for this book when I got it, and for the most part, I was not disappointed. It was maybe not quite as awesome as I hoped it would be, but I really did enjoy the story a lot.

Cover--Yea or Nay: Despite the fact that the characters are portrayed on the cover, I really like it. I think the artist did a good job portraying Tom and Boto, at least how I pictured them, and the fact that it's drawn instead of using models makes it better. It also port
Mar 01, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is action adventure of the 'Boy's own' sort set in Nevis and Jamaica during the times of sailing ships and the slave trade.

Young Tom O'Connor lives with his mother and half sister ( Spanish) in an Inn on Nevis owned by a grumpy old Spaniard. Tom aged 14 is an exert sailor and often goes out at night sailing by himself. One night he rescues a Spanish man from Cadiz and a small skinny slave . The Spanish man says the slave is a prince and there fore very valuable is they can get him back to h
Arvydas Sidorenko
Jun 11, 2015 Arvydas Sidorenko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danish-lang
Denne slags bøger var altid min yndlings. Jeg ville give mere and fem stjernen vis jeg kunne. Det er en eventyr historie, som handle i år 1639. Du vil erfare en bred vifte af oplevelse - ungdom og ældning, overflod og fattigdom, virkeliggørelsen og tab, beundring og hader, tålmodighed og agitation, wanderlust og hjemve, trofasthed og uærlighed, venskab og antipati, tapperhed og fejhed, hav eventyr og landskab eventyr, fisker og pirater, frihed og slaveri, fødsel og død, visdom og dumhed, racisme ...more
Jun 01, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tom is clever, creative, and very, very lucky. I like how his big mouth gets him in and out of trouble. The author did a great job with his character development and with the moral of the story that God and life are worth clinging to. If the translator hadn't used the s word for going to the bathroom, I would have given this book five stars and I would have ordered it for my bookshelf. Alas. One cannot have everything in life.
A Girl Has No Name
Nachdem dieses Buch seit einer Vielzahl an Jahren in den Tiefen meines Bücherregals vor sich hin staubte, habe ich es nun endlich hervorgeholt und gelesen. Und ich muss sagen, es hat mir wirklich gut gefallen. Eigentlich lese ich recht selten Bücher aus diesem Genre und habe mich vielleicht gerade deswegen solange davor gedrückt das Buch zu lesen. Das war aber definitiv ein Fehler. Prinz Faisals Ring lebt von tollen Charakteren und spannenden Wendungen! Daher gibt es von mir 4 Sterne!
Lori Clark-Erickson
Historical topic: Slavery.

What did you like most about the book: How you could play certain parts of the book out in your mind.

What did you dislike most about the book: How it would drag on and seemed like it never really went anywhere.

Summary: A boy whos family has gone into dept and become slaves. As he entered his teen years he decided to run away from home and try to find money in order to get his family out of dept by trying to steal money from a pirate crew.
Jun 03, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-coming-of-age
This was a very eventful book. It is about the young adventures that Tom O'Conner in the late 1600's. At the time that he leaves home he is 13. He does return after sailing on ships, learning to be a blacksmith and becoming a bomba in Jamacia. When he returns he finds that home is not what he left so he soon leaves again this time with his sister! This book was well worth reading!
Nov 09, 2014 Yvette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through the book he is searching for his ticket to richness at the end of the book you realise all that glitters doesnt bring richness. Richness lies in being kind,paying it forward. Doing good regardless race, colour or who you like. Although I am hidrofobic I sailed and even swam the seven seas with Tom O Connor
Lehanan Aida
Jun 03, 2016 Lehanan Aida rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este pequeño libro no tiene la popularidad que se merece, pero para mí es una de las mejores novelas juveniles de aventura que se han escrito. La forma de narrar desde distintos puntos de vista me parece muy original y aporta mucha riqueza a la historia. Además, piratas... ¿quién se resiste a ellos?
May 27, 2014 Tobe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book was very good. I found it in the Library and wanted to read it. It was interesting in hooking. The characters, like Tom O'Connor and Nyo Boto were very interesting and the way they interacted was great. There was also a little humor involved. I woudl recommend this book to anybody because it is a great book and one of my favorites.
Aug 20, 2008 Kieran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well worth a read, especially when you need to fantasize and let your mind slip free. you don't get the feeling that you are being taken for a ride, but the authors imagination is very inspiring. i don't know where he gets it from!

shitty title, and the picture here is crap. it is a very good book though and will drag you into reuters world.
Oct 02, 2010 Trine rated it liked it
Prins Faisals ring er en rigtig drengerøvsroman af den gode gamle slags. Her er pirater og slavehandlere, løgnhalse og plantageejere, skibbrud og øde øer. Opfindsomheden er uovertruffen, men charmen er nok størst for 10-15 årige, derfor kun 3 stjerner.
From my review at age 12:
-I liked the way this story interlocked and layered
-some of the subject matter and language made me wince
-Bjarne is an amazing author
i finally finished this...just haven't had enough time for reading. i enjoyed this book a lot more than i was expecting to. i wonder if it will ever be a movie.
This book is greta if you just wanna get away from everything and lose ur mind :P I didnt think i would enjoy it as much as i did but this really is a book you HAVE to read
Linn Marie
Nov 11, 2012 Linn Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm at around page 200, i can seriously not stop reading! I think its a really really good book!!!! ......Can ...not write ant more.. must read... please! read this book! Its amazing!
Jun 07, 2010 Nadra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! At the time I had read this, I had been looking for a great adventure book, and this book definitely satisfied my needs.
Sep 22, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without a doubt one of my all time favourite books - first read this when I was about 14, have re-read numerous times. Highly recommend!
Kasper rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Chloé Vandendriessche
Chloé Vandendriessche rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Line rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2012
Eskil rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Alex Jørgensen
Alex Jørgensen rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Kya rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
MissLaurabug rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2011
Mikkel Bjerregaard
Read back in the day with a soundtrack of BBMak album Sooner or later...
Cleanstream rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
daraen rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Great African Reads: July/Aug: Cape Verde | "The Ring of the Slave Prince" 8 38 Jul 28, 2009 07:41AM
  • The Last Will & Testament of Senhor da Silva Araújo
  • Margaret (Sunfire, #27)
  • Mayombe
  • This Voice in My Heart: A Runner's Memoir of Genocide, Faith, and Forgiveness
  • Singing Away the Hunger: The Autobiography of an African Woman
  • Reading the Ceiling
  • Sølvhesten (Katriona-serien, #1)
  • Den lukkede bog
  • The Eden Hunter
  • AMA
  • Tropical Gangsters: One Man's Experience with Development and Decadence in Deepest Africa
  • Balladen om den forsvundne mumie (Freddy-serien #1)
  • Houseboy
  • A History of Nigeria
  • Thorn Ogres Of Hagwood (The Hagwood Trilogy, #1)
  • De Fire Og Han Som Gjør Galt Verre - Slutten
  • Sun Horse, Moon Horse
  • A Fish Caught in Time: The Search for the Coelacanth
Bjarne Reuter, born 1950 in Brønshøj, a suburb of Copenhagen, Denmark and the setting of many of his books.
His first book was published in 1975, the same year he graduated from teacher’s college.
In 1980, Bjarne Reuter left teaching to devote full time to writing.
He is the author of some 60 books for children and young adults (see complete bibliography).
He has written several novels for adults as w
More about Bjarne Reuter...

“Children have the unforgivable habit of growing up” 8 likes