Prins Faisals ring

Prins Faisals ring

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  14 reviews
It is 1639, and the winds of a Caribbean storm howl with the promise of sunken treasure. Treasure is the means by which fourteen-year-old Tom O'Connor hopes to deliver his family from the drudgery of working at a run-down inn on the island of Nevis. But on this particular night he finds only two ragged castaways drifting near death - a maudlin Spaniard who calls himself Ra...more
Published 2000 by Gyldendal

LeAnne
This would make a great movie with one incredible twist after another. The adventures of the earlier chapters become the tall tales of incorrigible liar Tom O’Connor in later chapters. Tom leaves his home on a 17th century Caribbean island, seeking the slave he believes will be his fortune. In turn he becomes a shark fisherman, a blacksmith, sugar plantation overseer, cabin boy, castaway and pirate. It’s all a bit unbelievable, but then that’s the fun of it. This book is every boy’s dream of adv...more
Celine
A great favourite of mine. I only wish I could have read it in its original Danish.
Hazel West
Thoughts on the Overall Book: I had high expectations for this book when I got it, and for the most part, I was not disappointed. It was maybe not quite as awesome as I hoped it would be, but I really did enjoy the story a lot.

Cover--Yea or Nay: Despite the fact that the characters are portrayed on the cover, I really like it. I think the artist did a good job portraying Tom and Boto, at least how I pictured them, and the fact that it's drawn instead of using models makes it better. It also port...more
Joann
Nachdem dieses Buch seit einer Vielzahl an Jahren in den Tiefen meines Bücherregals vor sich hin staubte, habe ich es nun endlich hervorgeholt und gelesen. Und ich muss sagen, es hat mir wirklich gut gefallen. Eigentlich lese ich recht selten Bücher aus diesem Genre und habe mich vielleicht gerade deswegen solange davor gedrückt das Buch zu lesen. Das war aber definitiv ein Fehler. Prinz Faisals Ring lebt von tollen Charakteren und spannenden Wendungen! Daher gibt es von mir 4 Sterne!
Tobe
May 27, 2014 Tobe rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book was very good. I found it in the Library and wanted to read it. It was interesting in hooking. The characters, like Tom O'Connor and Nyo Boto were very interesting and the way they interacted was great. There was also a little humor involved. I woudl recommend this book to anybody because it is a great book and one of my favorites.
Tina
Tom is clever, creative, and very, very lucky. I like how his big mouth gets him in and out of trouble. The author did a great job with his character development and with the moral of the story that God and life are worth clinging to. If the translator hadn't used the s word for going to the bathroom, I would have given this book five stars and I would have ordered it for my bookshelf. Alas. One cannot have everything in life.
Kieran
well worth a read, especially when you need to fantasize and let your mind slip free. you don't get the feeling that you are being taken for a ride, but the authors imagination is very inspiring. i don't know where he gets it from!

shitty title, and the picture here is crap. it is a very good book though and will drag you into reuters world.
Trine
Prins Faisals ring er en rigtig drengerøvsroman af den gode gamle slags. Her er pirater og slavehandlere, løgnhalse og plantageejere, skibbrud og øde øer. Opfindsomheden er uovertruffen, men charmen er nok størst for 10-15 årige, derfor kun 3 stjerner.
Linn Marie
I'm at around page 200, i can seriously not stop reading! I think its a really really good book!!!! ......Can ...not write ant more.. must read... please! read this book! Its amazing!
Maddysyname
This book is greta if you just wanna get away from everything and lose ur mind :P I didnt think i would enjoy it as much as i did but this really is a book you HAVE to read
Marieke
i finally finished this...just haven't had enough time for reading. i enjoyed this book a lot more than i was expecting to. i wonder if it will ever be a movie.
Nadra
Awesome! At the time I had read this, I had been looking for a great adventure book, and this book definitely satisfied my needs.
Without a doubt one of my all time favourite books - first read this when I was about 14, have re-read numerous times. Highly recommend!
Ann Katrine Kristensen
One of my favourites.. It is a mix of everything a great story needs.!
Oriana Nataly
Really cool adventure book.
Annalicia
Annalicia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Julie Diaz
Julie Diaz marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Ami
Ami added it
Jun 27, 2014
Lisa Oliver
Lisa Oliver marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Michas Richter
Michas Richter marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Great African Reads: July/Aug: Cape Verde | "The Ring of the Slave Prince" 8 35 Jul 28, 2009 07:41AM
  • This Voice in My Heart: A Runner's Memoir of Genocide, Faith, and Forgiveness
  • Tropical Gangsters: One Man's Experience with Development and Decadence in Deepest Africa
  • Ancestor Stones
  • When Rain Clouds Gather
  • Everything Good Will Come
  • Sølvhesten (Katriona-serien, #1)
  • Houseboy
  • The Black Nile: One Man's Amazing Journey Through Peace and War on the World's Longest River
  • Looking for Transwonderland: Travels in Nigeria
  • The Ponds of Kalambayi
  • The Bleeding of the Stone
  • Aya (Aya #1)
  • The Eden Hunter: A Novel
Bjarne Reuter, born 1950 in Brønshøj, a suburb of Copenhagen, Denmark and the setting of many of his books.
His first book was published in 1975, the same year he graduated from teacher’s college.
In 1980, Bjarne Reuter left teaching to devote full time to writing.
He is the author of some 60 books for children and young adults (see complete bibliography).
He has written several novels for adults as w...more
More about Bjarne Reuter...
Løgnhalsen fra Umbrien Shamran - den som kommer Zappa 7. a Når Snerlen Blomstrer (Series, #2)

“Children have the unforgivable habit of growing up” 8 likes