Start by marking “3 Months to Your First 5k” as Want to Read:
3 Months to Your First 5k

3 Months to Your First 5k

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The author of 4 Months to a 4-Hour Marathon gives beginners the advice and instruction they need to take their first strides toward becoming great runners. Expert Dave Kuehls offers the inspiration to get even the most devoted couch potatoes on their feet and completing a 5K in three months. Serving as personal coach and trainer, 3 Months to Your First 5K includes: - The p ...more
Published July 3rd 2007 by Perigee Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 3 Months to Your First 5k, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 3 Months to Your First 5k

meant for straight up running, not the Galloway/Bingham walk-run program.
Ideal for a beginner or a refresher course as it covers what to wear, what to eat, where to run, stretching etc. The run/walk is well explained and easy to follow. It differs from some of the other run/walk programs in that this is a 4 day commitment and the ones I know about are 3 days a week commitment.

Since I've already done a 5k I plan to incorporate some of the speed work and check out the additional sources the author notes in the ending.
Jan 12, 2012 Jodi rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beginning runners
Shelves: non-fiction
Ok - I have decided I am going to run my first 5k before I turn 40 this year. So, what do I do, I read about what to do to get myself prepared. This book was very simple and straight-forward but since I already work out regularly at the gym, I was looking for a little more of a program and less talk about what to wear and where to run. Oh well, I got a few morsels on preparing, I guess.
This book has a lot of great tips and starting points for beginners.
I am trying to put them into use, even though my goal is not a 5K at the moment.
Mary added it
Oct 01, 2014
Jerri Heid
Jerri Heid marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
C marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Lexi Belculfine
Lexi Belculfine marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Kelsey added it
Aug 10, 2011
Dara added it
Apr 04, 2011
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2011