Start by marking “Seven Stories” as Want to Read:
Seven Stories

Seven Stories

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Walking With the Ghosts of Pier 13:
A grueling summer of horror is finally winding down, and Jeremy is one of the wandering survivors who can't come to grips with the acts of terror that have been ripping his nation apart. His destination today is Pier 13, the ocean front amusement park his family visited every summer when he was a child, and his purpose for coming here is
Published July 3rd 2010 by Cemetery Dance Publications (first published January 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Stories

Lou
This is collection of short stories have death and loss as the main driving force of the story. He has written these so well not one story lacks in excellence.
Stories that deliver with content that are Haunting, visceral, thought provoking and poignant.

Walking With the Ghosts of Pier 13
A thought provoking deep sense of feeling story. One brother visits a virtually abandoned amusement park, a Pier that has witnessed mass murderer and death including that of his brother.
This is a post 9/11 story,
Gef
Seven Stories is a collection of just that: seven stories. All previously published, Brian James Freeman and Cemetery Dance offer up this relatively modest collection, and given how much I enjoyed his novella, The Painted Darkness, I didn't hesitate adding this to my Kindle.

While a couple of the stories are truly horrific on a visceral level, the majority of this collection follows a quieter path in scaring the reader. "Walking with the Ghosts of Pier 13" is a strong example of the latter, as a
Frank Errington
Brian is something of a rarity in today's Horror genre. A writer who doesn't beat you over the head with all the violent, gory details in his stories. Oh, the violence and gore is there, but it's left to your imagination. Kind of like the shower scene in Hitchcock's "Psycho". You may not see every stroke on the screen, but you certainly visualize it in your mind. Don't get me wrong, there is definitely a place in Horror for the writer who put's it all on the page, but it's nice to see one with t ...more
Dave Thomas
While just seven stories, I took a week to read this short collection. Why? Because each tale is so well-done, poignant, scary, touching, chilling, and moving that I had to let each one settle into my head, thinking about the themes, the characters, the situations, and tightly wound narratives. Each short tale is very different yet no less compelling than the last.

Some stories will leave you bewildered and baffled, others will frighten you, and still others will move you emotionally. You'll find
Ed
Nicely written handful of stories from Freeman, author of "The Painted Darkness" novella. This was my second exposure to Freeman's work (after TPD) and he's growing on me. Shorter works seem to be his strong suit, as this collection boasts a combination of vivid imagery and wonderful emotionally evocative moments. (While I enjoyed it, I felt that TPD lacked the depth its length would have allowed it.)

Good stuff. I'll be reading more of his work in the future.
L.e. Waters
What a pleasant read. I truly enjoyed each different short story and found it was so refreshing to dive into the next compelling story. Brian is a wonderful storyteller and knows the craft of short stories. It is hard to pic a favorite but I LOVED What They Left Behind.The suspense was fantastic and I gripped my kindle until the end! Off to buy his novella!
Matt
A decent short story collection. The stories were all well written and weren't bad, but there really wasn't any that really got me involved (as much as a short story can) and none really stood out in my mind after reading them.
Brenda
I was impressed. Enjoyed every story. If you are a horror fan, you should give this a shot. I'll be checking out more of his works.
Colleen
This book scared the crap out of me. In a good way.
Audrey Brown-williams
Audrey Brown-williams marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Dave Butler
Dave Butler marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Lori Adams
Lori Adams marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Heidi McCartney
Heidi McCartney is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015
Dan Anderson
Dan Anderson marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Adam Ickes
Adam Ickes marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Geoff
Geoff marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Todd Nesbitt
Todd Nesbitt marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Melissa Renee
Melissa Renee marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Linda
Linda is currently reading it
Nov 28, 2014
Shannon Velazquez
Shannon Velazquez marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Brian James Freeman sold his first short story when he was fourteen years old and his first novel when he was twenty-four. His short stories, essays, novellas, and novels have been published by Warner Books, Leisure, Cemetery Dance, Borderlands Press, Book-of-the-Month Club, and many others. His newest book-length work of fiction is The Painted Darkness, which was published in December 2010 by Cem ...more
More about Brian James Freeman...
The Painted Darkness Dark Screams: Volume One Blue November Storms More Than Midnight Dueling Minds (Cemetery Dance Signature Series, #5)