Start by marking “His Immortal Embrace” as Want to Read:

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  851 ratings  ·  21 reviews

The Yearning, by Hannah Howell

Tormented by an ancient curse, the young men of Clan MacCordy reach manhood only to walk forever in darkness, thirsting for blood--and Alpin MacCordy is no different. He must wed for coin and land, despite his betrothed's terror--and his own fascination for another woman, Lady Sophie Hay...

Bitten, by Lynsay Sands

After br

Published September 1st 2004 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about His Immortal Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Immortal Embrace

♥♥Mari♥♥
The first story in this volume, "The Yearning", by Hannah Howell, takes the reader to Scotland, in the year 1435. Sophie Hay, the rather eccentric, witty protagonist, is in search of an old manuscript left by an ancestor, Morvyn Galt. It concerns a 400-year-old curse laid on the MacCordy family by Morvyn's sister, Rona, who had been betrayed in love by a MacCordy, and with a child on the way, to make matters worse.

Ever since she pronounced this curse, all of the firstborn MacCordy men have turn
Readdiction
The first two stories were quite enjoyable but the last two were not as great.
Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands had great vampires and sweet heroines in their romance. It was light reading material but IMO it was not as great as their other anthology - Eternal Highlander.
The third story was a bit difficult to follow as the events were quite unclear - seemingly to occur all at once ? It was quite confusing which is a pity because the root of the story and its ending was quite lovely.
The last complet
Kristin
The Yearning
This book begins with a witch cursing the young men of Clan MacCordy because her lover chose to marry another for lands and wealth rather than marry her for love. This curse ends up not only affecting the MacCordy's but also the witches female ancestors by having them cursed to experience love but never get to keep it. The MacCordy's end up creatures of the night, very close to vampires in that they cannot handle sunlight and crave blood but they are described at times with an appear
Linda
Anthology with four stories, all surrounding the vampire legends.
The first two was great, even tear jerking, but the second two was just OK.
Hanna Howell´s The Yearning, an old curse is haunting two families. Lady Sophie Hay tries to save both her self and Alpin. Great story.
Lynsay Sands´ Bitten, Emily gets saved from a shipwreck by a tormented man in need of hope and saving. Great story.
Sara Blayne´s Stranger in the night, Georgiana meets a stranger in her old family home. Not really keeping my
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Most of these anthologies with Hannah Howell's Vampires are really good. This one was just kind of boring and it took almost a day to read the 100 page story.

Partial review & I will add more later!

Hannah Howell - The Yearning

This was a story of a curse made 400 years prior and Sophie a decendant of the curser who wanted to make it right. She set off to the family of the cursed & decided to try everything to break it. It was hinting at a vampire, but it was different. Not a true vampire
K
Aug 02, 2009 K rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
His Immoral Embrace includes 4 short stories of paranormal romance by 4 very different authors. As I have liked other books/stories written by Howell and Sands (who were two of the authors), I thought to give this one a try. And I was dissapointed. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the stories by Sands and Howell, I did not like the other two authors style and/or stories. Due to the above, I can only give this book 2 stars. If asked, I would not recommend this book to others, and would advise reader ...more
Paraphrodite
The short stories from Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands were pretty good.

The other two were pretty ordinary, especially the last one from Kate Huntington...the H/H made love straight after they buried the heroine's aunt who was the hero's lover for the past 30+ years? Talk about a fast rebound!!
Amanda
I only read the Lynsay Sands short story in this book and it was just okay. A little boring. I did like the historical aspect of it since the books I read of her are all set in modern times. This is a good start to my reading her Highlander series.
Donna
Ok so 4 short stories, of the ilk I would not normally read, but i did enjoy them on the basis it was something different, and i would probably read something else in the same strain again,.
Grace
Decent collection. Not really my taste – mostly traditional romance with a vampire twist. Sands story Bitten is the best of the bunch.
PNR
I liked the first two stories (Howell's and Sands') but the last two I couldn't quite get into, so I ended up putting it down.
Jessica Carey
Loved the first two stories. The third one was good but not one of my favorites. I was kinda put off by the last story.
Lorann
So I was three stories in when I convinced my self that I had read this before... Still a good read for the genre.
Sara
Lynsay and Hannah work there magic I am always stuck and cant put their books down this book was NO different.
Bridget
Stories were enjoyable, although it is difficult to get much of a story in such a short time. All were worth reading.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
very good. I wasn't as thrilled with the last story in this book.
Betty
Uneven anthology...
More tortured Vampire sex ... :P
penelopewanders
Received as ring... entertaining, sans plus.
Cher
These writers can and do much better.
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Betti Anderson
Betti Anderson marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
  • The Loving Daylights
  • Mistletoe & Magic
  • Wish List (Capital Theatre #2.5)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #2.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse, #3.5)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & BeVampyred
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...
Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1) The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1) My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3) Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1) Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)