Start by marking “Clover Twig and the Perilous Path (Clover Twig, #2)” as Want to Read:
Clover Twig and the Perilous Path (Clover Twig, #2)

Clover Twig and the Perilous Path (Clover Twig, #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  15 reviews
'She's got a visitor.' 'She has? Who?' Clover was surprised. 'Wouldn't you like to know?' sneered the gate. Clover ignored it and stepped through. She would find out soon enough. Clover Twig - clever, neat and responsible, is still working for Mrs Eckles - chaotic, cantankerous, and a witch. One day, Granny Dismal, a witch from a nearby village, comes to visit and warns th ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Bloomsbury UK

To ask other readers questions about Clover Twig and the Perilous Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clover Twig and the Perilous Path

Tessa Joy
Hilary
Umansky’s writing has been compared to Eva Ibbotson and Roald Dahl, as it combines humor and elements of magic in fantasies that showcase clever wordplay. “Clover Twig and the Perilous Path” is the sequel to “Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage.” Where the first tale was light, witty, and humorous, the second installment does not maintain Umansky’s original momentum. While this is still an entertaining story, fans of the first book may be disappointed with volume two.

Clover works at a witch’s ho
Ami
I was immensely thrilled when I learned Kaye Umansky was writing a sequel to my beloved "Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage." The first book was witty, snarky, and fun and left me wanting more Clover Twig.
Sadly, Umansky's second installment however falls very flat. The story is a whirlwind of characters rushing from one scene to the next. The funny dialogue, the quirky plot twists are all missing. The entire book felt half-hearted, as if the author just threw some words on a page and said, "We
Michele
I enjoyed this one more than Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage. The adventures seemed more purposeful and entertaining and the resolution was more satisfying. Both books are a fun read aloud and my kids enjoyed them.
Maeleah
This is the second one in the series. Clover works at a witches house to earn wages she brings home to her family. On her visit back home, her youngest brother goes off to hide for a game of hide and seek except he doesn't come back. Filled with silly, over the top magical happenings and incidences, this would be appropriate for advanced third grade reader to 5th graders.
Tasia
I loved this. Dry humor, witty, and rather sophisticated for someone in the lower grades. I think the back of the book has it right when it says young readers drawn to this will go to Terry Pratchett and Diana Wynne Jones next. Wish the Perilous Path made a bit more sense and had some more defined rules to it, but everything was delightful just the same.
Ashley Benson
I had to read 10 children's chapter books for my Children's Lit class. Not knowing that this was the second book in the series, but I absolutely loved this book until the ending. I think Umansky does an amazing job with all the humor, my favorite would have to be the chapter on the clown college. I will have this book in my future class room! It is a must!
cityofimmortality
The famous and utmost fascinating protagonist, Clover Twig, once again ventures out on a bother adventure that could change her life. Will she succeed?
The book is gripping with a few laughs and puns on the way to entertain the reader and keep them engrossed in the numerous pages of adventure.
Nitza Campos
(Grades 3-5) The ending truly disappointed me. I was enjoying the book with all its silly characters and the adventures they encountered on the perilous path, but the ending made it seem it was all for naught. Book would have gotten more stars if it wasn't for the ending.
Clover White
The title was the best part of this book. While the writer had some good lines and the characters could have been interesting, the plot was pretty dull. I didn't realize it was a sequel until I started reading it, I see other reviewers liked the first book better.
Samira
It was a good read about a loyal girl and her friends. The ending was a tad abrupt, but it was still a good book. The illustrations were adorable.
Elizabeth
Probably really 3.5 stars. My 6yo and I liked the first book a bit better than this one, but it was still entertaining and fun.
Lola
"This is Miss Fly, and she is a cat lover. You can tell by the state of her shapeless cardigan."
Angela
Not as entertaining as the first book but a nice adventure with plenty of chuckles.
Kim
Not as good as the first in the series.
PWRL
Jul 12, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Victoria Zigler
Victoria Zigler marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Elizabeth Lenhard
Elizabeth Lenhard marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Silver Spoon of Solomon Snow Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage (Clover Twig, #1) Pongwiffy: A Witch Of Dirty Habits Pongwiffy And The Spell Of The Year I Don't Like Gloria!